OCTOPATH TRAVELER II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (February 24, 2023)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Are the stories better than the 1st game, because they were soooo boring and bland in the 1st game.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Are the stories better than the 1st game, because they were soooo boring and bland in the 1st game.
Yeah I skipped the first because I heard this and that the combat system was trash. I played demo as well so I knew first hand that I wasn't super impressed with it.

I did play Live A Live though and thought it was amazing

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah I skipped the first because I heard this and that the combat system was trash. I played demo as well so I knew first hand that I wasn't super impressed with it.

I did play Live A Live though and thought it was amazing
It’s more so they did a terrible job creating interaction with the characters in each of the stories. Primrose’s story was great. While Ophelia was very boring and made it hard to care about the stuff later on with her.

Also that take about the combat is :mjlol:

The game gives you everything you want from your old school turned based rpg. Outside of grinding you have to do in chapter 2’s combat was straight. And once you unlock more classes you get so many different options with builds that are amazing.

It doesn’t blow you out of the water with combat but turned based really isn’t a thing that will overly impress you.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Osvald is badass, the most powerful magic spell :wow:. I wish I should have started with him from the beginning.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, this joint shines really well on Deck. Started with Hikari and just got a 2nd party member, Partitio or whatever a lil bit ago. I'm liking it. Definitely good to plough through during lulls at work for sure too.

The same thing I did as you did, started with Hikari, I fukked with Hikari, He's a leader in my party but I wish I started with Osvald, he's my 2nd favorite. Partitio is weakest one IMO.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
This is way better than the first one imo but not in an obvious way. Everything is just done slightly better and together it ends up being a big upgrade over the first

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love this sexy bytch, Throne cause you can steal people from cities where you don't have to pay for anything from stores :blessed:

@Aveda you're right about sexy bytch Throne :shaq:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Just started this a couple days ago. My starting class was the theif. Got the cleric, dancer, and scholar in my crew... and working on the merchants part 1 to his story.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Osvald and partitio together are beast mode

With partitio, just fully boost the donate bp skill and use it on osvald. He also has a supprt skill to start with 1 extra bp, which can also be donated

Then osvald can do a 4x boosted elemental to nuke the whole room on his 1st attack (or 2nd attack if he went before partitio)

Makes grinding for xp easy mode

Toss in the dancer to use the elemental damage buff dance for good measure