***ocmfII's various log***

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i got 2 more cortisone shots last night, that second spot felt like he put the needle tip into the socket of my rotator cuff :noah:i almost jumped out of the chair

but homie was repeated like 10 times "i know you're gonna feel much better by the weekend but you can not go back to lifting yet!"

it's gonna take everything in me to wait another couple weeks but hopefully this will all be worth it.

i'm thinking the week after thanksgiving at least get back to legs and maybe 1 days of extremely light upper body work. i know those few weeks won't do shyt for miami this year but i need that sanity of my sanctuary back brehs, i'm falling off the tracks w food, booze, and sleep.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Couldn't wait anymore :sadcam:

Squats x 5
Hack sled x 3
Leg press x 3
Walking lunges w dbs x 3
Glute ham raise x 3
Donkey calf x 3
Seated calf x 3
20 mins sprints

Maybe a mistake but I can't do it any more. Starting to get my skinny fat on. Went pretty light on weight but just ended to do something. Will hold off on upper body til after thanksgiving.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Couldn't wait anymore :sadcam:

Squats x 5
Hack sled x 3
Leg press x 3
Walking lunges w dbs x 3
Glute ham raise x 3
Donkey calf x 3
Seated calf x 3
20 mins sprints

Maybe a mistake but I can't do it any more. Starting to get my skinny fat on. Went pretty light on weight but just ended to do something. Will hold off on upper body til after thanksgiving.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lmao

I can't take it any more breh. I feel like a slob. Walked into my suburb gym location today and even people I don't really talk to were like, "we thought you were gone." I almost had a kanye moment and shyt. Really the only stress I put on my shoulder was gripping the bar for squats and holding light dbs for lunges. I don't really feel any pain so I'm gonna rest for a few days and try another leg based day on Wednesday before I stuff myself on Thursday. I'm definitely not doing anything upper body until I know I'm truly ready for it and even then I'm gonna start extremely light and keep it like that for at least a month. I'm pretty sure my days of ego bp and mp are gone. Sucks but this is better than nothing. Nothing made me miserable.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Finally getting back up there.

295x2 squat and 405x2 dead this morn. Did a bunch more leg stuff, hack sled, leg press, lunges, ghr, donkey calf and seated calf. Sore as shyt but feeling pretty good. Almost not even missing upper body work.... Til I look in the mirror shirtless :to:

Post workout shake then post post workout breakfast

g01YqTE.jpg

Cup of fage
Cup of almond flax kashi crunch
Banana
Strawberries

Back on my grind

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Finally getting back up there.

295x2 squat and 405x2 dead this morn. Did a bunch more leg stuff, hack sled, leg press, lunges, ghr, donkey calf and seated calf. Sore as shyt but feeling pretty good. Almost not even missing upper body work.... Til I look in the mirror shirtless :to:

Post workout shake then post post workout breakfast

g01YqTE.jpg

Cup of fage
Cup of almond flax kashi crunch
Banana
Strawberries

Back on my grind
:blessed:

I was wondering where you were my damie

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
:blessed:

I was wondering where you were my damie

:salute:

Took 2 weeks off work to get some stuff for my house done now that construction is moving along full steam. Don't really post as much when I'm not at work but I've been doing 2 big leg days a week and trying to run 3-4 times a week as well. I really need my shoulder to feel better but it's taking so much longer than I wanted :noah:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
still been doing legs and cardio. but the shoulder is no better. i'm done w this doc i was seeing. tried to put faith in him and his pt but it's a joke at this point. the fact that i've been going there for 2 months and even the cortisone shots didn't help is absolutely mind blowing. made an appointment for the week i get back from miami w an actual renowned doc that is out of my network, but fukk it. at this point i would pay anything to get back to lifting upper body too.

anways, i'm off to miami, happy new year brehs. injury free in 2014 *fingers crossed*

p

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
What's the damage?

Partial tear that he wants to repair
Some bursitis he wants to clean up
Bone spurs to take out
Wants to shave back my impingement

Said he won't know what grade the tear is til he goes in but he thinks it's only 1.

How fukked am I?

:to:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Partial tear that he wants to repair
Some bursitis he wants to clean up
Bone spurs to take out
Wants to shave back my impingement

Said he won't know what grade the tear is til he goes in but he thinks it's only 1.

How fukked am I?

:to:

Similar to what I had fixed. :ehh:

Have you tried any rehab? Look up some Kelly Starrett stuff on shoulder health/mobility.

If you have tried to address it but still have discomfort, then it comes down to whether you want to live with this pain or not. Surgery will fix it. The procedure repairs and clears out the joint. Sling for 6 weeks. Painful rehab to get range of motion back for another 4-6 weeks. Then you'll be back to everyday tasks while continuing to strengthen the joint. Upper body strength may take 8-12months to fully return depending how conservative you wanna be. I was cleared to hit the gym around month 7 but kept the resistance training more rehab-based til around month 10. By month 12 I was back to normal.

I don't think you'll regret choosing surgery if all else failed. Make sure you have a good surgeon, tho.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Similar to what I had fixed. :ehh:

Have you tried any rehab? Look up some Kelly Starrett stuff on shoulder health/mobility.

If you have tried to address it but still have discomfort, then it comes down to whether you want to live with this pain or not. Surgery will fix it. The procedure repairs and clears out the joint. Sling for 6 weeks. Painful rehab to get range of motion back for another 4-6 weeks. Then you'll be back to everyday tasks while continuing to strengthen the joint. Upper body strength may take 8-12months to fully return depending how conservative you wanna be. I was cleared to hit the gym around month 7 but kept the resistance training more rehab-based til around month 10. By month 12 I was back to normal.

I don't think you'll regret choosing surgery if all else failed. Make sure you have a good surgeon, tho.

Thanks for the info. Based on everything I've read he seems to be a pretty well known surgeon and well reviewed all over the internet. He's on tv all the time too and is rated in those "nyc's best surgeon" magazines every year. He also was the only one out of threw doctors who sat there w me and went over all the images of my MRI and explained every little detail and described every single spot on every picture. He seems legit to me

Is there somewhere you checked yours out before going forward w it?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Thanks for the info. Based on everything I've read he seems to be a pretty well known surgeon and well reviewed all over the internet. He's on tv all the time too and is rated in those "nyc's best surgeon" magazines every year. He also was the only one out of threw doctors who sat there w me and went over all the images of my MRI and explained every little detail and described every single spot on every picture. He seems legit to me

Is there somewhere you checked yours out before going forward w it?

Doc sounds legit to me, breh. Good rapport means a lot :obama:

The way I found my surgeon was through referrals. My sports doc of 10yrs sent me to his partner. Come to find out his partner works/worked with professional teams in Philly (Eagles, Flyers, 76ers). It was a no brainer at that point. :pachaha: Still looked him up and all that jazz, dude checked out. Simple google search and browsed as many sites as possible.

I like surgeons that understand the requirements of physically active individuals rather than the ones that operate on old people all day. I don't think I would've gotten 5 sutures from a regular surgeon.