***ocmfII's various log***

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
315x1 squat finally back. got low in the whole nice and controlled, tad shakey on way back up but i moved the weight. about time. need to work on form for a few weeks before i try and push past.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
pretty sure my shoulder in dunzo status for now. i could feel it getting worse again but i was benching last night and something was off. i cut flat bench short and didn't go past 225#. tried to set up for incline dbs, even went much lighter starting w 65#s, went for the first rep and i thought somebody stabbed my rotator cuff. :snoop: i had a dr appt w my regular doc in mid nov because that was earliest he could take me. had to call another orthopedic office and make an appt for next week. fukk my fukkn life :to:.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
tried dl'ing on saturday but once the weight started going up even that was putting a strain on my shoulder. it's back to keeping me up and night and shyt. going to see a different doc after work today but i'm guessing this is going to be just like hitting a reset button and starting over at the other place. consultation -> x ray -> another appt -> physical therapy -> another appt -> mri -> another appt for shot. sucks but i don't think i have any other option at this point.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
arms and shoulders starting to fill out again but my shoulder is shot, time for another dose of cortisone

wupYl0w.jpg
Breh you look straight, feeling anything otherwise is just your subconscious getting the best of you. You're frame is still in tact. Shoulders look wide, arms are a good size, legs aren't skinny and your waistline isn't hanging over(beer belly status). Lowkey I was expecting to see a million times worse. You still look like you lift heavy. Which is always a good thing...

Keep up the good work. You'll be back to "normal" soon enough.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
tried dl'ing on saturday but once the weight started going up even that was putting a strain on my shoulder. it's back to keeping me up and night and shyt. going to see a different doc after work today but i'm guessing this is going to be just like hitting a reset button and starting over at the other place. consultation -> x ray -> another appt -> physical therapy -> another appt -> mri -> another appt for shot. sucks but i don't think i have any other option at this point.
:patrice:

still waiting on the news :beli:

Last edited:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

still waiting on the news :beli:

i went to a new doc on monday night. we went over the whole history of my shoulder. he listened to the whole thing then told me what the last approach was completely wrong. everything from the doctor's steps and order of treatment, to the type of PT work i did, to the cortisone. he said i should have had an MRI immediately and that the xray was a waste of time if we already knew it was a tendon issue. the small labrum tear would have been visible then i would have known not to do the stretching and resistance work i was doing in PT, which essentially put more stress on the tear that was already there and made it worse. he said the PT treatment should have been more focused on the electro stimulation and laser which encourage more activation and healing than actual stress on the tendon(s). he also said the cortisone shot was a bad idea because all that does is minimize the inflammation. while that may have been good for me to not feel the pain any more it also discourages the healing process because when the inflammation goes away your body doesn't focus on repairing the area in the same way. he wants me to start more PT w him (he has a whole PT facility in his office).

i'm torn though (pardon the play words). my first doc was a completely different experience. he runs the whole sports med/othropedic surgery area of a major nyc hospital, young and puts on the appearance of smarts and success. this guy is older, way more understated, not in any fancy hospital. the new doc said (and guessed correctly) that the first doc rushed all my appointments, had an overbooked office, spent little time explaining things to me. he seemed genuinely disgusted w the new generation of that sorta medicine. on the one hand i want to assume the first fancy doc would be the best choice but now looking back and hearing all of this stuff explained to me slowly and clearly the new doc kinda makes sense.

i did about a half hour of PT work after my appointment monday night and i'm going back again tonight to do some more. i'm gonna give this guy a few weeks and see how it goes. in all fairness my first doc couldn't even take me in for an appointment til right before thanksgiving anyway so what do i have to lose?

but basically i'm off weights again for now. this whole hitting the reset button again really sucks but hopefully i'm going in the right direction now :manny:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
did the other MRI today, god i despise those fkn machines :sadbron:

seeing doctor tuesday to go over results

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
so i went over the new MRI on tuesday. the same small tear is there but luckily it didn't get any worse than my last MRI which was my primary concern. he also spotted subacromial bursitis which is where he thinks the pain i've been feeling is coming from. he still thinks it's gonna be another 6 weeks before i can resume lifting again. sucks but i guess it could be worse, i could have needed surgery :manny:.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
so i went over the new MRI on tuesday. the same small tear is there but luckily it didn't get any worse than my last MRI which was my primary concern. he also spotted subacromial bursitis which is where he thinks the pain i've been feeling is coming from. he still thinks it's gonna be another 6 weeks before i can resume lifting again. sucks but i guess it could be worse, i could have needed surgery :manny:.

Six weeks is basically through the holidays, not a bad time IMO.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Might as well start back up again with all the new years resolutioners :pacspit: