Oakland brehs, What’s real and what’s cap about the crime in Oakland rn?

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This video is super old.

Anyhow, the city has admitted they only have 35 cops patrolling the city at any given time. :francis:

degu9089

All Star
Daps
This video is super old.

Anyhow, the city has admitted they only have 35 cops patrolling the city at any given time. :francis:
All Bay Area cities are way understaffed. Compare to a city like Baltimore, Oaklands closest east coast counterpart. They have a police department of ~2900 cops. Not that they aren’t full of fukkery and corruption themselves.

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
The town is trash right now…it’s both a gentrified shell of itself, while being prohibitively expensive AND high crime and blight.
Damn.... I went out there in 2013 and it was looking like and the talk was it was in the midst of a gentrification boom..... shyt went south it seems..... always got time for The Town. :mjcry:

I had a little run in the late 2000's thru early 2010's where I was in the bay on a fairly regular basis and having some GOAT experiences out there :banderas: I have a cousin out there that was tapped in so when I touch road with him one minute we might be checking out some chill shyt in the city :ehh: the next we deep off in East Oakland on some fukkery :heh:

I know visiting is different than living but overall it felt like a place where I could naturally find a groove :lupe:

I haven't been out there since the early 2010's but it sounds way different and less enjoyable than when I was there. Kinda sad b/c living out there at some point has always been on my bucket list :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I had a little run in the late 2000's thru early 2010's where I was in the bay on a fairly regular basis and having some GOAT experiences out there :banderas: I have a cousin out there that was tapped in so when I touch road with him one minute we might be checking out some chill shyt in the city :ehh: the next we deep off in East Oakland on some fukkery :heh:

I know visiting is different than living but overall it felt like a place where I could naturally find a groove :lupe:

I haven't been out there since the early 2010's but it sounds way different and less enjoyable than when I was there. Kinda sad b/c living out there at some point has always been on my bucket list :mjcry:
Yea, the 00’s was still fun out here and the city still felt black. A lot changed in the 10’s

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Yea, the 00’s was still fun out here and the city still felt black. A lot changed in the 10’s
I knew it was different when I drove through and saw someone in suspenders and a bowler hat riding their 1920s-lookin ass big wheel bike to sunday brunch right off 880.
They was way too comfortable. I knew the city was gonna overcorrect itself and it'd get bad until they ran them folk back to Berkeley with that bullshyt.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:
Nah bruh… Detroit we aint got them problems like Oakland, most of our crime come from street shyt and young nikkas who lack conflict resolution skills.
:mjlol:That's actually realer and more dangerous. Oakland is just a bunch of desperate people doing petty crimes like steal food out of a dollar store. Detroit is real street shyt.

:mjlol:I'm not afraid of bum nikkas who jack cars because they know the cops won't arrest them for it.

Boywouldyou!

Rookie
Daps
:mjlol:That's actually realer and more dangerous. Oakland is just a bunch of desperate people doing petty crimes like steal food out of a dollar store. Detroit is real street shyt.

:mjlol:I'm not afraid of bum nikkas who jack cars because they know the cops won't arrest them for it.
Not really fam… If you stay outta the way, you pretty much good.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Not really fam… If you stay outta the way, you pretty much good.
:mjlol:Exactly. That's why it's more dangerous. Random nikkas don't even play out there. Random nikkas do any desperate thing they feel like in Oakland-- as long as it's a petty crime. Detroit nikkas will murk you for playing with the whip, and they not going to jail for defending their property like in Cali.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:mjlol:Exactly. That's why it's more dangerous. Random nikkas don't even play out there. Random nikkas do any desperate thing they feel like in Oakland-- as long as it's a petty crime. Detroit nikkas will murk you for playing with the whip, and they not going to jail for defending their property like in Cali.
its 2:30 am in Oregon, where you are posting from.. do you got some kind of bot or app that notifies you whenever someone makes a thread about the bay ? This obsession with the bay youve had for a decade is crazy... someone one from the bay fukk your bytch or something ? I dont really get why you spam every bay thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That's in Emeryville, not Oakland.

Dude is probably from Oakland, though. :francis:
West Oakland is right around the corner though. You can be at ikea in emeryville 1 second and then west oakland the next second if you not paying attention driving around :heh:

the bay is interesting like that.. one second you in the crest in vallejo and a few stop lights later you some how in another city, American Canyon :dwillhuh:

Fairfield and suisun like that
Pinole and Richmond like that

I wonder if other parts of the country are like that, where like pinole and richmond you can cross into either city from just a freeway overpass (richmond parkway)

the cities out here kind of bleed into each other. San Pablo Ave as example goes through multiple cities :dead:

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Not from Oakland but I frequent Hayward (which is near Oakland). What you'll notice is that most of the crime is just car breakins. Not random homicides like the media tries to paint it as.