NYU announces separated dorms for black identified students.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems like the Black students want to segregate themselves and create a 'safe space' for themselves.

I am curious in knowing why these students could not go to an HBCU and get educated by a majority Black learning institution instead of getting educated @ a PWI and segregating themselves from others?

Lately, let's say this is a success..Once they graduate and enter the work world, how are they going to adjust to being around mostly non-Blacks?

that PWI aka Prestigious White Institution degree will get your farther with some employers rather than a HBCU degree. There is a reason why they choose those over HBCUS

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
At NYU, “themed engagement floors,” also known as “Themed Engagement Communities,” are a network of theme-based floors, located in various undergraduate residence halls, that allow students living on a specific floor to explore a specific subject through various programs and activities planned by a Resident Assistant. There are over twenty Themed Engagement Communities at NYU, with themes ranging from film, literature, and theater to technology, science, and foreign languages. All floors are open to all students, who request residency on a specific floor prior to the start of the academic year.
I see no problem with a black "space". Especially since there is a "foreign language" floor already.

I want to look at some comment sections on this too. :mjpls:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
As @Luke Cage stated, the main issue with segregating isn't being away from cacs, its how the black spaces get treated.
Yep despite being funded by the same city or organization or by the same tax dollars. The black space usually ends up getting less/treated worse. It has to be separate and equal.
But if white people were actually capable of equality we wouldn't need to be segregated to begin with.
CZ_JjrPWIAABlWt.jpg

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
that PWI aka Prestigious White Institution degree will get your farther with some employers rather than a HBCU degree. There is a reason why they choose those over HBCUS

In some cases, it will IF you establish connections with white folks in positions of power and influence. I personally don't see an issue with having an all Black dorm, but it is also a slippery slope because white students, Hispanic students and Asian students may follow suit as well as extend it to social clubs, employment opportunities and so forth..

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't wanna be around cacs either but this safe space shyt is going to make people who never had to deal with shyt a lot more softer and weak. When they're out in the world without their safe space they ain't gonna know how to navigate and are going to be very easily triggered rather than knowing how to deal with that shyt.

College is a big step for young people and life experience