NYPD fires 84 shots at a man, misses 83 times.

Daps
To be fair, we're talking about a moving/running target :manny:

shyt ain't like on the gun range where the target is still, you're still and you can take all the time to aim that you want....

Cops need more of that type of gun training. Hell, EVERYONE does. That gun range shyt is misleading as hell

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC

shyt ain't like on the gun range where the target is still, you're still and you can take all the time to aim that you want....

Cops need more of that type of gun training. Hell, EVERYONE does. That gun range shyt is misleading as hell

And add to the fact somebody's shooting back. Your definitely going to be inaccurate

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
And add to the fact somebody's shooting back. Your definitely going to be inaccurate

:dahell:

It's there fukking job to know how to shoot a moving target :heh:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City

:laff: But it's SIX fukking cops shooting at ONE target. :laff:
Missed 83 shots, had to fall back... :francis:
But at least they had the decency to shoot him in the leg. :troll:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GIF-Shooting-Shooting-everywhere-Shooting-without-looking-Family-Guy-Call-of-Duty-COD-GIF.gif

:laff:

Daps

This is why I'm amused when people make jokes about Storm Troopers or the A-Team lettin' off rounds and rarely/never hitting anybody....they don't realize that's an accurate (if not slightly exaggerated) reflection of real-life gun fights.....even during wars with trained soldiers

:dahell:

It's there fukking job to know how to shoot a moving target :heh:

:what:

Stop watching too much TV. NOBODY on this planet Earth knows how to 'accurately' shoot a far-away moving target that they're chasing....which also happens to be blasting back at them

Have you ever shot a gun yourself? Do you know how hard it is to keep the sights lined up and steady with a pistol while pulling the trigger? How much harder it is if you're breathing heavy due to adrenaline/exhaustion?

Bruh.....do you even know what recoil is, bruh? :mjlol:

(and before anyone asks me how I know or accuses me of e-thugging, I've simply been on the range several times, that's all :whoa:....don't wanna make it seem like I been in shootouts or anything :whoa: )

Saying "It's there fukking job to know how to shoot a moving target" is like saying an NBA player's job is to know how to sink a half-court shot most, if not all of the time

Should they be more likely to hit one than the average nikka off the street? Yes......but that doesn't mean they should be able to sink 50 out of 100 tries.....

It's just funny to me to see nikkas who prolly never shot a firearm in their life, try to clown anyone for missing shots during a real-life gun fight

Now if dude was standing in one spot or if they were only like 10-20 feet away from him during the chase and he wasn't shooting back, then I could understand.....

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Nah, this isn't just because they're shooting at a moving target. This happens all the time and it's because of choices the NYPD has made

This is about the Empire State Building shooting a few years back, where 16 shots were fired and 9 bystanders were hit. All by the cops:why:

The post itself has gems like this:
It has been documented* that NYPD officers have some of the lowest accuracy scores, both in the controlled, low-stress environment of the qualification range, as well as in real-world officer-involved shootings. This includes an incident where officers fired a total of 73 rounds at a suspect, hitting him a total of two times. That sort of performance from a police force is unacceptable.

Hey look, they were 2 for 73 that time. A ~0.02% chance of striking a target is better than a ~0.01% chance of hitting them, I guess :skip:

And this one:
The NYPD are the only police department that use the modified heavy trigger in their Glock pistols. All other departments worldwide use the standard 5.5lb trigger.

To compare the performance of their officers to another large police force, the LAPD use standard Beretta 92F (US Army designation M9) 9mm pistols, which have triggers that operate in double-action (12 lbs) for the first shot, and single-action (5 lbs) for all follow-up shots. The LAPD officers have a 51% hit rate.*

The NYPD's modified Glocks operate in double-action for every shot with a 12 lb trigger pull, and their officers have a 15% hit rate.* *[Source: SPECIAL REPORT: FIREARMS, Aveni, Thomas; Law and Order, Vol. 51, No.8 August 2003]

The biggest police department, in the biggest city in the country, has a hit rate in the teens while their peers in a next biggest city land a hit for one out of every two shots

Then there's this:
NYPD's Choice of Firearm May Have Contributed To Terrible Shooting

And then here's what an NYPD cop has to say about the department's service weapons and training

Bottom line: The NYPD is :trash: when it comes to accurate shooting and it's because of their equipment choices and a lack of training. So this is the end result :mjlol:

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps

My n!gga i aint NEVER been through police training but id bet my life that if im chasing a n!gga who busting back at me, and i get off 84 rounds during the melee, IM GOING TO HIT HIS ASS MORE THAN ONCE yo.

And not in the gawddamn calf either :mjlol:

Let alone 6 trained officers :wtf:

Yes, accuracy is SEVERLY effected by outside variables, but 1 out of 84 is fukking cartoonish breh :pachaha:

ZERO fukking excuse for it. These are PAID and TRAINED "professionals".

Not to mention when you consider that those other 83 shots had to have hit SOMETHING or, god forbid, someone. Its unacceptable.