"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm not worried about his offense at all. His defense is kinda scary bad but I'm looking at Knox and it gives me peace of mind. Barrett posting up looked promising, only happened a few times these past two nights but it gets him where he wants to be on the floor thanks to his strength. His touch around the basket needs a lot of work.
This is what caught my eye since that practice vid with him and Mitch. If there's anyone that would benefit from an inside guard game from Kobe it's RJ. He'd def help with his footwork and layups down in the paint:wow:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And how do you know Hanlen doesn’t do dribble work outs with him? I’m pretty sure that in those long workout days there is some type of dribble work out.

High school wasn’t even that long ago for Barrett he JUST turned 19. It’s a marathon not a sprint it takes time to improve.

I know when Hanlen started with Beal he did very little work off the dribble now he’s a P&R maestro who can snatch ankles and has a step back. Why exactly are you scapegoating these trainers when you’re not in these sessions all you see is a couple highlights they may post on Instagram.

You overreacting off some damn summer league games

Also, results don’t come in just one workout. It takes time to instill all that muscle memory.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
-RJ will be fine. He has the work ethic and pedigree to improve his game and reach his full potential. Not worried about him.

-I like Iggy. If he develops a nice post up game for smaller defenders he could be a problem THIS year.

-Knox's jumpshot and offense looks really smooth. He needs to study tapes on KD on both ends of the floor. He could be a sniper on the offensive end, and a long, disruptive force on the defensive end. At 6'10" just giving defensive effort and jumping with your hands up will disrupt a lot of shots. And he needs to improve his rebounding.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
With the pace of these games, lack of chemistry, lack of spacing, and some of the ball hogging and sloppy play R.J. is struggling and all his weaknesses being exposed. He’s also forcing the issue he started the game well with an alley-oop and smooth three off a screen from Mitch. He just needs to chill and let the game come to him.

Iggy looks real good like an athletic Joe Ingles. He’s very decisive on the court, very aggressive with good strength and long strides. Went out there and put somebody on a poster. Very confident player even late was trying to hit cold blooded shots. I don’t know how we’re gonna find minutes for him but trades will come at some point in the season.

Mitch was again in foul trouble and goal tended about 4 balls. Other than that he was Mitch.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
With the pace of these games, lack of chemistry, lack of spacing, and some of the ball hogging and sloppy play R.J. is struggling and all his weaknesses being exposed. He’s also forcing the issue he started the game well with an alley-oop and smooth three off a screen from Mitch. He just needs to chill and let the game come to him.

Iggy looks real good like an athletic Joe Ingles. He’s very decisive on the court, very aggressive with good strength and long strides. I don’t know how we’re gonna find minutes for him but trades will come at some point in the season.

Mitch was again in foul trouble and goal tended about 4 balls. Other than that he was Mitch.

I think Mitch just doesn’t give a fukk and is trying to block everything he can. He was a lot more disciplined at the end of last year.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'm not tripping off Barrett's first 2 SL games. If what they say is true and he's been playing vs NBA players and upper echelon D1 athletes for a few years and holding his own, I'm not too worried.

Robinson is everything Whiteside was supposed to be. He knows he was slept on and doubted and he plays most nights like it. He'd go top 15, maybe top 10 in redraft. Good piece both ways. His demeanor when he's locked in is one of the best in the league for a rim running Dunker Blocker.

Knox has legit top 5-7 wing in the game ceiling. I think he's 1 year away from being 1 year away of that being possible. He still looks very good right now, n/h. Too bad he plays on a team where he can't up his usage and get tons of in game reps like Harden, KD/Russ, Mitchell, and Lillard got. Lot of hands that like to touch the ball on your squad... It'll prob take a couple years for him to hone mid-range since he's not a pure shooter like KD Melo Dirk Curry were and he doesn't have TMac or Kobe stroke walking guys down into the smooth 18 footer. He doesn't naturally have it but it'll get better. Looks like he's already a problem from 3pt and scoring within 15 feet given his size and abilities. Guy could be scary good. Wouldn't be surprised if he went head to head with Tatum for that young wing crown.

Trier is such a good find. Can shoot, cheap, plays above his pedigree. Good stuff.

Don't know shyt about Ignas, but from the Dawkins vid last night, he flashed several times. Not many non-brehs can bring the ball up court, go right and then left of the high screen, set feet, and swish a 3. And get into the paint. And finish at the rim with size like that. Got a unique package. If he can keep it up, even at like 60-70% of what he was doing last night, that's a rotational piece on most teams.

DSJ needs the ball in his hands. Doesn't really do a whole lot off ball. Going to be a problem in NYK if you guys plan on letting Knox/Barrett ballhandle and let Trier launch open shots. When Robinson isn't being lobbed to and fed at the hoop. That's DSJ's best ability at this point, feeding DeAndre/Mitchell. DSJ is a good dude and I love his character and demeanor. He can lock in and play tough defense when he occasionally chooses to do so. Not a dual threat in PnR. Not a triple threat player. Not a 3pt shooter. Lot of knocks on him. Esp when you have Knox, Trier, and possibly Barrett who would probably do better things with the ball in their hands. Wish DSJ nothing but the best but he might need change of scenery. NYK is high-key clogged.

This doesn't even touch on Randle or Portis. Both of which can become offensive ball-stoppers. Which will further erode DSJ's value to the team if he's put in more and more off-ball situations. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The individual pieces are better than the sum of your parts, but you guys already knew that. If Knox and Robinson take a step forward and become solid 70-75 game starters and another player comes along well (Trier, RJ, Ignas, whoever), season is big W.

Hopefully Portis and Randle don't stifle the youth movement. That's my biggest concern with your squad.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not tripping off Barrett's first 2 SL games. If what they say is true and he's been playing vs NBA players and upper echelon D1 athletes for a few years and holding his own, I'm not too worried.

Robinson is everything Whiteside was supposed to be. He knows he was slept on and doubted and he plays most nights like it. He'd go top 15, maybe top 10 in redraft. Good piece both ways. His demeanor when he's locked in is one of the best in the league for a rim running Dunker Blocker.

Knox has legit top 5-7 wing in the game ceiling. I think he's 1 year away from being 1 year away of that being possible. He still looks very good right now, n/h. Too bad he plays on a team where he can't up his usage and get tons of in game reps like Harden, KD/Russ, Mitchell, and Lillard got. Lot of hands that like to touch the ball on your squad... It'll prob take a couple years for him to hone mid-range since he's not a pure shooter like KD Melo Dirk Curry were and he doesn't have TMac or Kobe stroke walking guys down into the smooth 18 footer. He doesn't naturally have it but it'll get better. Looks like he's already a problem from 3pt and scoring within 15 feet given his size and abilities. Guy could be scary good. Wouldn't be surprised if he went head to head with Tatum for that young wing crown.

Trier is such a good find. Can shoot, cheap, plays above his pedigree. Good stuff.

Don't know shyt about Ignas, but from the Dawkins vid last night, he flashed several times. Not many non-brehs can bring the ball up court, go right and then left of the high screen, set feet, and swish a 3. And get into the paint. And finish at the rim with size like that. Got a unique package. If he can keep it up, even at like 60-70% of what he was doing last night, that's a rotational piece on most teams.

DSJ needs the ball in his hands. Doesn't really do a whole lot off ball. Going to be a problem in NYK if you guys plan on letting Knox/Barrett ballhandle and let Trier launch open shots. When Robinson isn't being lobbed to and fed at the hoop. That's DSJ's best ability at this point, feeding DeAndre/Mitchell. DSJ is a good dude and I love his character and demeanor. He can lock in and play tough defense when he occasionally chooses to do so. Not a dual threat in PnR. Not a triple threat player. Not a 3pt shooter. Lot of knocks on him. Esp when you have Knox, Trier, and possibly Barrett who would probably do better things with the ball in their hands. Wish DSJ nothing but the best but he might need change of scenery. NYK is high-key clogged.

This doesn't even touch on Randle or Portis. Both of which can become offensive ball-stoppers. Which will further erode DSJ's value to the team if he's put in more and more off-ball situations. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The individual pieces are better than the sum of your parts, but you guys already knew that. If Knox and Robinson take a step forward and become solid 70-75 game starters and another player comes along well (Trier, RJ, Ignas, whoever), season is big W.

Hopefully Portis and Randle don't stifle the youth movement. That's my biggest concern with your squad.

:ohhh: Someone actually being rational about our squad

:salute:Breh

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
I'm privy to certain relationships that tell me it's being worked on.

Not official, yet.

Not trying to be on my Chris broussard shyt:russ:
You sure about that breh? You said the same thing about the Knicks signing and now the Lakers running out of money, don’t force me to make a hard decision
MiserlyPinkLarva.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You sure about that breh? You said the same thing about the Knicks signing and now the Lakers running out of money, don’t force me to make a hard decision
MiserlyPinkLarva.gif
:dead:

I said that Melo would join the Knicks and retire as a Knicks IF they got stars. They didn't get them.

Now, THIS ONE, neg me if it doesn't happen because my guy who I trust :mjgrin:legit told me that shyt straight up.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

:wow::wow:

When it's REPing time, I get on extra grind,
Iggy to Ntlikina, Robinson to robbin' time
Wayne Ellington, Julius, RJ Barrett's time
They say we have a plan, I tell 'em never mind.
:salute:

Aye breh, we appreciate the insight, real shyt. This is troll reproduction season, so most nikkas coming in here take out their relationship issues on Knicks fam. This is a nice change