"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Something really positive i noticed from RJ last night, Iggy did that spin dribble move to make separation 2 or 3 times for buckets. It was fascinating to see RJ pull the same move off himself in that same game. He clearly was frustrated with his lack of ability to get separation, saw his teammate pull off a simple move that works and he did the same thing. Little stuff like that lets me know he’ll be fine. The kid is going to will himself to be good. I don’t have a doubt about that whatsoever.

I'm not worried about his offense at all. His defense is kinda scary bad but I'm looking at Knox and it gives me peace of mind. Barrett posting up looked promising, only happened a few times these past two nights but it gets him where he wants to be on the floor thanks to his strength. His touch around the basket needs a lot of work.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop hating
Not naming names? :jbhmm:[
Not naming names? :jbhmm:

while our fan bases enjoy trolling each other now we got a random nets fan who suddenly showed up once the nets got stars. Hawks set and Knicks tape been beefing through thick and thin good bad seasons . No one knows who this new nicca @tambourine is and he’s a front runner

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not worried about his offense at all. His defense is kinda scary bad but I'm looking at Knox and it gives me peace of mind. Barrett posting up looked promising, only happened a few times these past two nights but it gets him where he wants to be on the floor thanks to his strength. His touch around the basket needs a lot of work.
I feel like he generally made good moves or took good shots he just looks really out of sync like he’s moving too fast or something. In terms of the defense definitely looks bad but for me it’s more of the same . I haven’t seen Fiz make any adjustments with players who aren’t defensive minded . He’s got a lot of young athletic long guys :dame: who with a good system or coaching could probably play good team defense

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I feel like he generally made good moves or took good shots he just looks really out of sync like he’s moving too fast or something. In terms of the defense definitely looks bad but for me it’s more of the same . I haven’t seen Fiz make any adjustments with players who aren’t defensive minded . He’s got a lot of young athletic long guys :dame: who with a good system or coaching could probably play good team defense

I’m hoping RJ is out of shape. He looks a lot slower then he did in college and a lot more gassed then i ever remember. He’s literally running like his has weights on his ankles. I doubt he had a lot of time to play real basketball leading into the draft (scared to hurt his draft position) and after the draft doing a lot of Knicks stuff.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I’m hoping RJ is out of shape. He looks a lot slower then he did in college and a lot more gassed then i ever remember. He’s literally running like his has weights on his ankles. I doubt he had a lot of time to play real basketball leading into the draft (scared to hurt his draft position) and after the draft doing a lot of Knicks stuff.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Agreed about getting good shots and making some nice moves. He gets where he wants to get on the floor but isn't getting the separation. Right now he's relying on bulldozing but you can see craft in there. I know Knox was a lot more successful last summer league but one aspect I relate both players on is that you can see skills that can be built up into effective weapons out the gate. RJ definitely is at the "game is going too fast for me to think" section. His reads were better last night, evidenced by the passes he attempted but everything is still going too fast and he's gotta get used to the athleticism of the pros. You're right on defense too, I got mad that there wasn't more accountability last year but there also weren't a lot of options. This year that's not the case so I can really be mad at Fiz for it if he continues to ignore that end. His defensive footwork scares me though, that's some ish you should know by this level...that said the kid is young as hell and was a superior athlete to almost everyone he faced before this. I'm hoping he'll adjust and make the improvements needed, I see that from Knox right now...he's worked on a lot and it shows.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
For the sake of basketball please build around Knox

I’ve been saying Barrett was overrated since high school. Never had a skill set, was just always physically stronger than everyone. Now that everyone is the same size, he can’t even be productive.

He also needs to fire Drew Hanlen immediately
Stop overreacting

And no he doesn’t need to fire Hanlen you not in the gym with them fukk do you know what they work on or how he has improved

Coli nikkas stay mentioning these damn trainers

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop overreacting

And no he doesn’t need to fire Hanlen you not in the gym with them fukk do you know what they work on or how he has improved

Coli nikkas stay mentioning these damn trainers
Well I know what they don’t work on and that’s dribbling, passing and being able to make game speed shots. Any real trainer would have him dribbling the leather off the ball to his handle together. His handle looks like it should belong to a center.

He literally looks the exact same as he looked as a senior in high school. He’s Shabazz Muhammad with a work visa.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Well I know what they don’t work on and that’s dribbling, passing and being able to make game speed shots. Any real trainer would have him dribbling the leather off the ball to his handle together. His handle looks like it should belong to a center.

He literally looks the exact same as he looked as a senior in high school. He’s Shabazz Muhammad with a work visa.
And how do you know Hanlen doesn’t do dribble work outs with him? I’m pretty sure that in those long workout days there is some type of dribble work out.

High school wasn’t even that long ago for Barrett he JUST turned 19. It’s a marathon not a sprint it takes time to improve.

I know when Hanlen started with Beal he did very little work off the dribble now he’s a P&R maestro who can snatch ankles and has a step back. Why exactly are you scapegoating these trainers when you’re not in these sessions all you see is a couple highlights they may post on Instagram.

You overreacting off some damn summer league games