"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Listen I think we should all agree that for a good deal we should take it . Russ isn’t as bad as some of you are making it
Think he is as bad and even worse. His poor play in the past 2 postseasons is a big reason as to why the Thunder have been badly embarrassed.

Ricky Rubio out playing Russ two years ago when the Jazz beat on the Thunder

Westbrick was yelling and swearing at Lillard last year taunting him all while shooting 36% from the field against a Blazers team that didnt really have a rim protector

I was a Russ fan for years but the past 2 years he has slowed down and shown really poor character. If we deal for Russ i will be sick to my stomach

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Listen I think we should all agree that for a good deal we should take it . Russ isn’t as bad as some of you are making it
Yes, especially with that contract he is.

The only reason Knicks name is even brought up in any trade scenarios for him is because it's a terrible trade. Media loves to perpetuate this narrative of our front office doing dumb shyt. We can't even make a trade until December but they're still bringing us up.

We just literally made no attempts to sign Kemba and Butler who are both better than Westbrook. He's Chris Paul status, what the fukk is wrong with some of you? Maybe we should take John Wall too? :hhh:

Westbrook just shot
43% from 2
29% from 3
65% free throws

That shyt is almost Kevin Knox bad.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

The only reason Knicks name is even brought up in any trade scenarios for him is because it's a terrible trade. Media loves to perpetuate this narrative of our front office doing dumb shyt. We can't even make a trade until December but they're still bringing us up.

We just literally made no attempts to sign Kemba and Butler who are both better than Westbrook. He's Chris Paul status, what the fukk is wrong with some of you? Maybe we should take John Wall too? :hhh:

Westbrook just shot
43% from 2
29% from 3
65% free throws

That's what happens when you been doin dumb shyt for two decades...

You build up a reputation...:francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:dwillhuh: you nikkas really are delusional. Russ even with his bullshyt would be the best player to wear a Knicks jersey the past 30 years and probably the next 30 and you saying Knox (whose value is probably a second round pick), Mitchell (whose a a prototypical rim protector in a league that no longer value non-shooting bigs) and RJ/first round picks are off limit? :gucci: :dead:

This version of Russ isn’t better then the Melo we traded for. And for nikkas saying fukk the money, that is absolutely the worst mindset to take. You never know who is gonna be available. Staying competitive while remaining flexible is the right move.

Edit: didn’t even realize who i was responding to. :camby:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No to Westbrook even when he’s a star. I don’t think I’d be a good move when we’re trying to build.

I was just thinking earlier that we really don’t sign super stars at all. In my years of being a knicks fan we’ve only had Patrick Ewing, Stat and Melo. We’ve signed stars but in their :flabbynsick: stage. People like to hype our franchise with all this allure but we only have had two championships and last time we were consistently successful was in the 90s. We straight up gotta look at it like no one wants to come here let’s build organically and get hard working free agents that’ll make a difference. Spree, Houston and Kurt Thomas were all free agents that didn’t have that glitz but made a difference and worked well together. Let’s see how the chemistry works with these chip on my shoulder free agents we got now.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Westbrook just shot
43% from 2
29% from 3
65% free throws

Jon wall ? Not at all . He’s fat and hurt . Russ is overworked and stat padding. I don’t want Russ but for a good deal I’d consider it

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
No from me on Westbrook. We all want to win and tired of the losing but we’ve seen the best of Russ and it’s not bringing anyone a chip. Russ feels like a settle and destroys the idea we have a long term vision of developing in place.

Westbrook couldn’t play nice in a small market with a favorable media. Imagine him here.

We don’t have the front office and ownership structure in place like Miami to take on someone like that.

I'm just gonna wait patiently for another star player to request a trade or an opportunity to get a player with upside on a team that wants to win now.

Not trying to take on Russ, CP3 or Wall but Dragic, Iguodala, Harkless or even Batum with picks attached are type deals that are attractive. One or two years remaining first round picks, I’m down. Then potentially use flip the players again for picks at the deadline this season or next.

Grizzlies and hawks are currently doing this.

Got more faith in Memphis and Atlanta than our front office at the moment. Both those teams are set up when the next big star wants to leave, especially Atlanta.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Russ' contract is ridiculous, plus he's starting to lose his ultra athleticism. He's not a good shooter and he makes really dumb decisions with shot selection. If he can't get to the rim at will he's a liability out there.

The Knicks should stay far, far away from him

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
No from me on Westbrook. We all want to win and tired of the losing but we’ve seen the best of Russ and it’s not bringing anyone a chip. Russ feels like a settle and destroys the idea we have a long term vision of developing in place.

Westbrook couldn’t play nice in a small market with a favorable media. Imagine him here.

We don’t have the front office and ownership structure in place like Miami to take on someone like that.

Not trying to take on Russ, CP3 or Wall but Dragic, Iguodala, Harkless or even Batum with picks attached are type deals that are attractive. One or two years remaining first round picks, I’m down. Then potentially use flip the players again for picks at the deadline this season or next.

Grizzlies and hawks are currently doing this.

Got more faith in Memphis and Atlanta than our front office at the moment. Both those teams are set up when the next big star wants to leave, especially Atlanta.

Knicks didn’t do this deal for the guys who are in their primes now, but potentially guys like Kat, Booker, or Oladipo who might in the next few year get pissed off at their situation. That’s not even counting the ability to get solid pieces similar to what the Nyets did with Taurean Prince.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
No.

and

HELL NO

I went through the same crap when Stephon was playing there and I'll be damned if I go through that crap again.

And I agree with one breh said earlier, that would be a move to appease the Knicks "fans" because 1. They didn't sign a big star this off-season. 2. The media is playing it's part well in trying to speak this move into existence and 3. The front office knows that it's a bad contract and will not fall into that trap. Never mind the fact that there IS a racial bias since the front office and the coach is black, but the media would rather keep their mouths shut about their bias because they know it's the truth.

Hate it to be Russ, but it's his own fault for that dumb contract.

Last edited: