"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Taking Russ is like having 20 in blackjack and still hitting. Sure, you MIGHT get the ace, but your almost guaranteed to bust. He’s too old, too expensive, and his game isn’t productive to development of the players we have. It makes no sense.

Perfect way to put it.

This would literally be Antonio McDyess all over again.

The breh needs to understand...THIS...is the type of move that MADE us a laughing stock.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sorry man, at some point you just gotta say fukk it and take risks and chances. All these great teams and managements take risks by trading away futures

Sitting on our a$$es not being aggressive might hurt us. We can knock the melo trade all we want, but without melo that team might of not even made the playoffs let alone 3 straight yrs and won a series.

Even with Russ’s bad contract, he’s a risk we should we willing to take. As long as we keep RJ/Knox/Mitch/first round picks. Even if he breaks down by his 3rd yr, he’ll still be a 18/10/10 guy. Our young guys will grow and you hope Knox/RJ/Mitch can carry the torch going forward and continue playoff runs.
This is why people say we are arrogant . I do not want to give up the farm for Russ but if its a reasonable deal you do it . fukk a contract as we need talent eventually. There is no huge FA coming up that we can say we realistically will get . We are hoping to make ourselves desirable and that our younger guys develop into Russ level talents .

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
No bullshyt man, we could use someone like Russ to electrify the Garden. I’m tired of being trash.

Knox/RJ/Mitch/first round picks are off limit. They can have anyone or anything after that to a certain limit. I think OKC wanting to dump russ is more money related than anything else. So they ain’t gonna get many assets from us DSJ/Frank/Portis/2nd round pick.

With Russ/RJ/Knox/Randle/Mitch that’s definitely a playoff team, possibly better than pistons and Heat.

Tell me it wouldn’t be nice to finally make playoffs and play the nets beat them in the first round.

:dwillhuh: you nikkas really are delusional. Russ even with his bullshyt would be the best player to wear a Knicks jersey the past 30 years and probably the next 30 and you saying Knox (whose value is probably a second round pick), Mitchell (whose a a prototypical rim protector in a league that no longer value non-shooting bigs) and RJ/first round picks are off limit? :gucci: :dead:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Taking Russ is like having 20 in blackjack and still hitting. Sure, you MIGHT get the ace, but your almost guaranteed to bust. He’s too old, too expensive, and his game isn’t productive to development of the players we have. It makes no sense.

Perfect way to put it.

This would literally be Antonio McDyess all over again.

The breh needs to understand...THIS...is the type of move that MADE us a laughing stock.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:dwillhuh: you nikkas really are delusional. Russ even with his bullshyt would be the best player to wear a Knicks jersey the past 30 years and you saying Knox (whose value is probably a second round pick), Mitchell (whose a a prototypical rim protector in a league that no longer value non-shooting bigs) and RJ/ first round picks are off limit? :gucci: :dead:
This is a terrible attempt at trolling.

You sound stupid as fukk.

You don't leverage all of that for a nikka like Westbrook.

Is he better than Trae Young?

Is Trae Young better than Porzingis?

Either way, I know you wouldn't gut your team for Russ. FOH.

I don't know why you're comment made me more upset than anything else anyone has trolled about here.

It's not even the "players" that are being sacrificed that should be the crime...it's the "PLAN" of patience and youth development that we would essentially be sacrificing.

Wow:mjlol:

To put it on better terms...

Imagine you make 50k a year. Imagine someone wanted to GIFT you a mansion that you had to live in and never be able to sell.

It sounds great right? Mad space, beautiful rooms and a garden and shyt.

Only a young, naive nikka would look at that and jump on that opportunity without thinking about the taxes, the liability, insurance and upkeep.
It would be a fukking burden.

It's the same with Westbrook. You don't trade for Russ and not realize you have to make the trade worthwhile. You will then have to look at his expiration date and realize the only way to maximize Westbrook would be to bring in other fringe stars via trade.

That's no fukking bueno

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is why people say we are arrogant . I do not want to give up the farm for Russ but if its a reasonable deal you do it . fukk a contract as we need talent eventually. There is no huge FA coming up that we can say we realistically will get . We are hoping to make ourselves desirable and that our younger guys develop into Russ level talents .

I think its different. We got to show we have enough assets to pull a trade and have the depth for when a player comes over to NY.

We got really good flexibility but if a good player on a decent contract is available go for it, doesn't even have to be an outright star. Knicks got the right kind of expiring contract for once because they aren't crazy expensive and teams can either use that help or let them expire.

Right now I'm eyeing OKC and Miami the hardest. OKC wants to shed contracts and Miami wants to build around Jimmy. I could see that deal happening and maybe the knicks could grab Winslow or SGA by throwing one of these new expiring contracts in either direction. Is Winslow or SGA world beaters? Nah, but if we trade for a star they can either be sent in the deal or contribute if they stay.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
:dwillhuh: you nikkas really are delusional. Russ even with his bullshyt would be the best player to wear a Knicks jersey the past 30 years and probably the next 30 and you saying Knox (whose value is probably a second round pick), Mitchell (whose a a prototypical rim protector in a league that no longer value non-shooting bigs) and RJ/first round picks are off limit? :gucci: :dead:
How about we gut out your team that didn't make the playoffs but have potential youth and a future for a 47 mil/year contract in Westbrick instead? That shyt sound stupid af bruh.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Some of you brehs really want Russ? :mindblown:

My goodness its a damn good thing yall aint running the Knicks. Statpad Westbrick is known for taking 5 three's a game and only hitting one

All his turnovers, the way he chokes, talking shyt to Dame and getting sonned, his selfishness and stat padding

I cant believe any of you would want him, Russ is one of the most delusional players of all time :mindblown:

:mindblown:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
While I agree saying these dudes are off limit for a major star trade is stupid, trading for Russ can easily set us back another decade...

You trade talent for a star you can build around and help develop some of the young guys on the roster...

Russ is a great player but he's not that star IMO, he doesn't elevate anyone's game...

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This move would literally only be made to appease to the fans that's mad we didn't get a "name" this summer. :snoop:

Like I can't even think of the pieces we'd be able to put around him. At least after KD dipped on him he had Oladipo but I doubt we even get someone on that caliber to play with him (granted Vic wasn't as good he was after he got traded).

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Listen I think we should all agree that for a good deal we should take it . Russ isn’t as bad as some of you are making it
It's not that, it's that his contract is too high. If we trade Frank, Portis and Bullock then shed his contract to where we're only paying him like 20 mil or less a year like Noah then cool otherwise hell na.
:scust: