"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Taking Russ is like having 20 in blackjack and still hitting. Sure, you MIGHT get the ace, but your almost guaranteed to bust. He’s too old, too expensive, and his game isn’t productive to development of the players we have. It makes no sense.
Dudes out here wildin like Homer, trying to get a self inflicted L:mjlol:

-9G_KTlVYKwwP3Sfl7gVDPpv9xk=.gif

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I don’t care man. I just wanna have a winning record and make the playoffs for once.

Russ has 4yrs left, he’s got 2 solid years left at elite level before he breaks down. If we can get atleast 3 productive years out of him, that’s a win. Ain’t like we spending that 40 mil going to him anywhere else but role players.

I’m tired of being the laughing stock of the NBA.

Again man, as long as they taking our trash and not any of our young talent.

It’s been a tough week breh. I’m just being emotional

:mjcry:
Come on fam, man up.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I don’t care man. I just wanna have a winning record and make the playoffs for once.

Russ has 4yrs left, he’s got 2 solid years left at elite level before he breaks down. If we can get atleast 3 productive years out of him, that’s a win. Ain’t like we spending that 40 mil going to him anywhere else but role players.

I’m tired of being the laughing stock of the NBA.

Again man, as long as they taking our trash and not any of our young talent.

It’s been a tough week breh. I’m just being emotional

Come on fam, man up.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
There are a million reasons to pass on Westbrook, and yet I’m still conflicted...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sorry man, at some point you just gotta say fukk it and take risks and chances. All these great teams and managements take risks by trading away futures

Sitting on our a$$es not being aggressive might hurt us. We can knock the melo trade all we want, but without melo that team might of not even made the playoffs let alone 3 straight yrs and won a series.

Even with Russ’s bad contract, he’s a risk we should we willing to take. As long as we keep RJ/Knox/Mitch/first round picks. Even if he breaks down by his 3rd yr, he’ll still be a 18/10/10 guy. Our young guys will grow and you hope Knox/RJ/Mitch can carry the torch going forward and continue playoff runs.
I agree with you in the sense that if we can make it happen without compromising too much it is worth it. I think the only reason to go for Russ is to prove to these players and agents that we do know how to treat a superstar. Otherwise all this flexibility with cap space is for nothing. Right now, our track record is not good. We can save cap and be flexible all we want but if no one wants to come here then it’s all for what? And I don’t want to hear about homegrown stars because we tried that and he didn’t want to be here either. We need to change the way players view this organization.