"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I doubt OKC would want anyone from NYK outside of RJ/Robinson, all the rest of them young nikkas trash. Knicks would basically have to mortgage the future with draft picks to get Russ.

1. Westbrook has one of the bottom three contracts in the league. At most, Thunder getting maybe a young player/protected first round pick for him. Most likely salary relief
2. You're a Tim Hardaway Jr. and Hawks fan. Nobody in this thread wants to you hear your insight. Scram :camby:

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn’t mortgage the future for Westbrook, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t love to have him on the Knicks. In fact, if he had been a free agent this offseason, he’d have been one of the 2 players I would have wanted to spend a max on.

:hubie:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Russell Westbrook is 30 years old with 4 years left on his supermax contract. He will be making $47 million when he's 33 years old. He is a player who relies on athleticism and as he's been getting older his jumpshot has been getting worse.

This is an article from 2018.
Russell Westbrook underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Wednesday, September 12th due to stiffness and inflammation in the knee the occurred while getting ready for training camp. The team, Westbrook and his representation determined “the best course of action was the proactive procedure,” the Thunder said in a release. Westbrook viewed this knee arthroscopy (“scope’) as a pre-emptive, clean-up procedure rather than potentially having issues creep up during the season. This surgery will force him to miss the entire preseason and possibly a few regular season games.

Although an arthroscopic clean up surgery is not as drastic or invasive as an ACL reconstruction, keep in mind that Westbrook has had four previous right knee operations. After a collision with Patrick Beverley in Game 2 of the 2013 playoffs that resulted in a meniscus tear, Westbrook underwent three surgeries on the knee over 9 months. It has been more than four years since the last surgery, with Westbrook recovering to appear in 308 of a possible 328 regular-season games since the start of the 2014-15 season and win an MVP.

And then he got another 'clean up' this May.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski and Royce Young of ESPN, who broke the story, Westbrook had played with the injured hand for the final six weeks of the season. He taped the damaged finger but didn’t disclose an injury to the public.

Per the press release, Westbrook had the procedure to repair a ligament on the fourth metacarpophalangeal joint on his left hand at the Kerlen-Jobe Institute.

Westbrook also had an elective arthroscopic procedure on his right knee in preparation for his usual offseason regiment.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
No bullshyt man, we could use someone like Russ to electrify the Garden. I’m tired of being trash.

Knox/RJ/Mitch/first round picks are off limit. They can have anyone or anything after that to a certain limit. I think OKC wanting to dump russ is more money related than anything else. So they ain’t gonna get many assets from us DSJ/Frank/Portis/2nd round pick.

With Russ/RJ/Knox/Randle/Mitch that’s definitely a playoff team, possibly better than pistons and Heat.

Tell me it wouldn’t be nice to finally make playoffs and play the nets beat them in the first round.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
No bullshyt man, we could use someone like Russ to electrify the Garden. I’m tired of being trash.

Knox/RJ/Mitch/first round picks are off limit. They can have anyone or anything after that to a certain limit. I think OKC wanting to dump russ is more money related than anything else. So they ain’t gonna get many assets from us DSJ/Frank/Portis/2nd round pick.

With Russ/RJ/Knox/Randle/Mitch that’s definitely a playoff team, possibly better than pistons and Heat.

Tell me it wouldn’t be nice to finally make playoffs and play the nets beat them in the first round.
:dwillhuh:

No.

Noo.

Nooo.

NOOOO.
:whoa:
All respect to Westbrook. I like him.

But, we should not even consider this. Have you seen his contract? We are taking about a John Wall rope or balloon contract. This would not be a smart move no matter how we look at it, breh.:ld:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
:dwillhuh:

No.

Noo.

Nooo.

NOOOO.
:whoa:
All respect to Westbrook. I like him.

But, we should not even consider this. Have you seen his contract? We are taking about a John Wall rope or balloon contract. This would not be a smart move no matter how we look at it, breh.:ld:
I don’t care man. I just wanna have a winning record and make the playoffs for once.

Russ has 4yrs left, he’s got 2 solid years left at elite level before he breaks down. If we can get atleast 3 productive years out of him, that’s a win. Ain’t like we spending that 40 mil going to him anywhere else but role players.

I’m tired of being the laughing stock of the NBA.

Again man, as long as they taking our trash and not any of our young talent.

It’s been a tough week breh. I’m just being emotional

:mjcry:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

According to Zach Lowe (I think he's just guessing) Thunder would have to give up assets to move him. Forget about us giving up talent for him, contact is that bad. He said that Wolves wouldn't do Wiggins for Westbrook, it doesn't get worse than that.

Our whole off-season was based on trying to get a top tier free agent and passing on lower end guys. Why then pass/not attempt to sign Kemba only to get a worse guy on a worse contract? And maybe even have to give something up. Doesn't make any sense.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
According to Zach Lowe (I think he's just guessing) Thunder would have to give up assets to move him. Forget about us giving up talent for him, contact is that bad. He said that Wolves wouldn't do Wiggins for Westbrook, it doesn't get worse than that.

Our whole off-season was based on trying to get a top tier free agent and passing on lower end guys. Why then pass/not attempt to sign Kemba only to get a worse guy on a worse contract? And maybe even have to give something up. Doesn't make any sense.
I’m sorry man, at some point you just gotta say fukk it and take risks and chances. All these great teams and managements take risks by trading away futures

Sitting on our a$$es not being aggressive might hurt us. We can knock the melo trade all we want, but without melo that team might of not even made the playoffs let alone 3 straight yrs and won a series.

Even with Russ’s bad contract, he’s a risk we should we willing to take. As long as we keep RJ/Knox/Mitch/first round picks. Even if he breaks down by his 3rd yr, he’ll still be a 18/10/10 guy. Our young guys will grow and you hope Knox/RJ/Mitch can carry the torch going forward and continue playoff runs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knicks should want nothing to do with with Russ. OKC couldn't beat a Portland team that got embarrassed by the Warriors, what do you expect him to do on a much worse team? I'm a casual fan at this point and even I can see him on the NYK would be a Trainwreck, you got to think the front office knows this as well.

Let any other team in the league deal with him but not the Knicks

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I’m sorry man, at some point you just gotta say fukk it and take risks and chances. All these great teams and managements take risks by trading away futures

Sitting on our a$$es not being aggressive might hurt us. We can knock the melo trade all we want, but without melo that team might of not even made the playoffs let alone 3 straight yrs and won a series.

Even with Russ’s bad contract, he’s a risk we should we willing to take. As long as we keep RJ/Knox/Mitch/first round picks. Even if he breaks down by his 3rd yr, he’ll still be a 18/10/10 guy. Our young guys will grow and you hope Knox/RJ/Mitch can carry the torch going forward and continue playoff runs.

Taking Russ is like having 20 in blackjack and still hitting. Sure, you MIGHT get the ace, but your almost guaranteed to bust. He’s too old, too expensive, and his game isn’t productive to development of the players we have. It makes no sense.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Is Westbrook allowed to restructure his contract or is that against union rules? It’s hard to imagine him landing on a contender otherwise. What’s funny is that when he signed that deal, I don’t remember being shocked by it, which is really a testament to how great he is.