"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
RJ needs at least a few SL games to get over the new league I know we're hoping he'd be like Knox and catch the nba slipping but it doesn't work like that. Until we see them in an actual nba game with the finalized roster we won't know too much. Half our team is barely old enough to drink give these guys time Jesus:russ:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wild seeing OKC getting all this praise for doing exactly what we did with KP.

Well you know they hate us..... though eventually a few admitted we did the right thing. Sort of how a few people in the media admitted the Knicks did the right think with KD....... Usually they just love to hate on the knicks it blinds them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the reason why the Knicks didn't offer the max is because simply Kyrie wouldn't be enough to get us anywhere. They're looking to be a playoff team this coming season.
The thing though, is cause Knicks don’t have many “star” quality kind of players(we will have to wait and see about RJ or some of the other young players) Kyrie could have made a impact just being there and possibly dragging another star there. It was clear KD wanted to be a Knick but then he got hurt so he had no real say since nobody knows how he will recover. Then you sign a bunch of journey men. Kyrie should definitely gotten the knicks max and you never know who would have tagged along even if it wasn’t a star, but quality players Kyrie is cool with

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
The thing though, is cause Knicks don’t have many “star” quality kind of players(we will have to wait and see about RJ or some of the other young players) Kyrie could have made a impact just being there and possibly dragging another star there. It was clear KD wanted to be a Knick but then he got hurt so he had no real say since nobody knows how he will recover. Then you sign a bunch of journey men. Kyrie should definitely gotten the knicks max and you never know who would have tagged along even if it wasn’t a star, but quality players Kyrie is cool with

Having lived through Marbury I know that Kyrie by himself would be a recipe for disaster.

Knicks got pieces to make some trades, and FA moves. Its the smartest move available right now. I don't think the knicks tank either, not unless Fiz is a shyt coach and they just lose.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Having lived through Marbury I know that Kyrie by himself would be a recipe for disaster.

Knicks got pieces to make some trades, and FA moves. Its the smartest move available right now. I don't think the knicks tank either, not unless Fiz is a shyt coach and they just lose.
I think the Knicks will be pretty decent this season. I wanna see more movement between Knox and RJ. I really think they could be our 1-2 punch if we develop them properly. Knox seems like the better shooter but we need RJ to work on his handling and get more defenders on him so our other guys can knock down the open shots.

Another thing, I've noticed is that Mitch and Trier work really good together.

I hope we experiment with number 41, that Dawkins guy too.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
It's crazy how just 10 years ago, no major star player would have seriously thought about joining the Clippers or Nets over the Lakers and Knicks.

Yet, twice in the past week an NBA superstar has done just that. KD & Kawhi choose to play together with their friends not to be with the "allure" of the Lakers or Knicks (mostly due to MSG lol).

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's crazy how just 10 years ago, no major star player would have seriously thought about joining the Clippers or Nets over the Lakers and Knicks.

Yet, twice in the past week an NBA superstar has done just that. KD & Kawhi choose to play together with their friends not to be with the "allure" of the Lakers or Knicks (mostly due to MSG lol).

I look as it as two teams had depth that played in the playoffs and the Lakers did get AD. I’m a nerd for organizational management (as my post probably show). Marks, Mills, West, Griffin, and Pelinka all took different approaches in managing their assets.

West, Marks, and Pelinka chose to go in now (aka Masai) West went last and he went best

Griffin, and Mills chose to develop their youth but mix in quality vets. The Knicks did better here cause they didn’t burden themselves with long contracts.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This is the one on one defense I was talking about. i don't mind the misses and the tunnel vision in the first Summer League game but you gotta d-up better.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
This dude done embraced the Knicky nickname, I’m bout to rep him off that. No self respect:mjlol:

There is a certain poster that has always been up in our thread trollin’ who hasn’t posted once since this guy showed up.

Like how you never see Superman and Clark Kent in the same room at the same time...

:jbhmm:

The truth will reveal itself soon enough.