"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Pelicans are looking good right now except when Okafur plays. Toronto doing good but NO is gonna outmatch them.
They're actually doing things Knicks are constantly talking about but never doing.

Pelicans are playing very up-tempo game, ball is being pushed off a miss and off a make. Unlike Knicks talking about it and then having the PG walk it up the court and before even crossing the half court passing the ball to a big man:beli:

Pelicans also have a bunch of new players, are missing Zion and started with only one three point shooter (Reddikk) but somehow they don't look all confused on the offense. Zo, Favors, Ingram were out there but still had great spacing. While we struggle to even make simple passes.

It's so fukking simple ... drive and kick the ball, pick n roll and pass the ball, wide open on a 3 take the shot.

Ingram and Favors both on court but no ISO ball at all and neither of them getting in each other's way.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
They're actually doing things Knicks are constantly talking about but never doing.

Pelicans are playing very up-tempo game, ball is being pushed off a miss and off a make. Unlike Knicks talking about it and then having the PG walk it up the court and before even crossing the half court passing the ball to a big man:beli:

Pelicans also have a bunch of new players, are missing Zion and started with only one three point shooter (Reddikk) but somehow they don't look all confused on the offense. Zo, Favors, Ingram were out there but still had great spacing. While we struggle to even make simple passes.

It's so fukking simple ... drive and kick the ball, pick n roll and pass the ball, wide open on a 3 take the shot.

Ingram and Favors both on court but no ISO ball at all and neither of them getting in each other's way.
We did that in the first half of the wizards game. A switch in the rotation messed it up.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
We did that in the first half of the wizards game. A switch in the rotation messed it up.
True we looked good for a half against the worst team in the league. Speaking of rotations, a day before the opening game our coach still doesn't know what his starting line up will be.

With 3 point guards available we might start a rookie SG at point guard. And there's also a chance Trier might start after struggling to get minutes in pre-season.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Well they do have gentry as their coach :yeshrug:
True we looked good for a half against the worst team in the league. Speaking of rotations, a day before the opening game our coach still doesn't know what his starting line up will be.

With 3 point guards available we might start a rookie SG at point guard. And there's also a chance Trier might start after struggling to get minutes in pre-season.

Fiz is all types of confused. NO set pg yet. Possible trier taking their places. No plays ran. No players cutting to the basket. Just Randle iso to the basket running into 3 guys:russ:

Daps

I will wait for the season to start but the Knicks FO might have fukked up signing all these players

If Frank had a more proven offensive game or was at least a better shooter, he would be perfect next to RJ

I think

Frank
RJ
Knox
Maybe Randle or some other PF
Mitch

is the lineup of the future

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

To be honest, on paper, his lineup sounds good but if their not following the playbook everything falls short. He's also right about rebounding. Everything falls short on rebounding. Randle messed up the rotation by switching to banking 3s giving up a lot of second chance points because now the offense is cold. He's a great scorer but you need rebounders, great defenders and shooters.

Randle needs to be a rebounder when there's shooters around him and switch to shooting when there's rebounders around him. Once Fizdale figures that out, it'll make sense. This is also why Frank, RJ and Randle played good together. Someone else has to push that ball forward. RJ and Randle work good in the post and it plays well when you have wings like Knox and Ellington now Mitch can fit into place and that's my lineup.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Maybe it’s me being overseas for the year and I won’t be able to watch most games but this is the most disconnected I’ve felt with the knicks in decades.

I’m not optimistic about anything with this team, don’t trust our players, coaching staff, our management just as clueless as the owner.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Maybe it’s me being overseas for the year and I won’t be able to watch most games but this is the most disconnected I’ve felt with the knicks in decades.

I’m not optimistic about anything with this team, don’t trust our players, coaching staff, our management just as clueless as the owner.
Do you remember when LeBron first went to Miami? Give it time. We are much much better than last year.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
You really gonna compare lebron and miami heat to these knicks? SMH

No beef with you man, but how old are you? Just outta Curiosity
I'm not comparing them. I'm simply stating that with fukking LeBron, Miami was losing to terrible teams in the beginning of the season. It's a rotation issue and trying to find everyone's roles. I mean, we're not complaining about the talent, we're complaining about everyone's roles. We won't be nowhere near as good as a championship team but we could make the playoffs and beat a top 5 eastern team if we're not playing sloppy or having bad lineups. No one is complaining about Randle as much as they're complaining him playing with his equal in Bobby Portis. My bad bruh, we'll agree to disagree.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I'm not comparing them. I'm simply stating that with fukking LeBron, Miami was losing to terrible teams in the beginning of the season. It's a rotation issue and trying to find everyone's roles. I mean, we're not complaining about the talent, we're complaining about everyone's roles. We won't be nowhere near as good as a championship team but we could make the playoffs and beat a top 5 eastern team if we're not playing sloppy or having bad lineups. My bad bruh, we'll agree to disagree.

:mjlol:

You my man, and I don’t disrespect knicks brethren. But you delusional as hell lol.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

well we were promised max players and ended up with wayne ellington. cant say i blame u