"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop

I'm beginning to worry about a Sophomore Slump...

I think he’s been feeling himself, there’s been too much praise heaped on him and he was practically the rookie star last year for us. Obviously there’s nothing wrong with all of that but I really think DJ was important to development. I’m hoping Taj can help him, great vet and person all around. He seems like the type of dude who will help rookies and not take their shine.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
That supposed development staff hasn't done much so far :francis:Knox the only one I've seen show some improvement. Frank was in Europe for his and Trier was with Harden:francis:
I was watching a video that put things into perspective. Fiz is trying to get the team to the playoffs and Payton was averaging triple doubles last season, he just wasn't doing good this preseason so there's something they've seen in practice. Dennis is being monitored for injury concerns.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s been know that Fiz rotation is ass. So I’m not surprised by his decision to start Trier. I rather Zo to be our sixth man. I thought DSJ is still injured? If not then I’ll give him a shot to see where his development goes. I want to see more of our youths on the floor.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
That supposed development staff hasn't done much so far :francis:Knox the only one I've seen show some improvement. Frank was in Europe for his and Trier was with Harden:francis:
It’s obvious this staff ain’t shyt when it’s for development, Frank and Trier did they thing like you said, it took DJ to help Mitch last season, Knox talking with King last season. Fiz got a silver tongue, spoke all about a staff focused on development:mjlol:

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
fukk ball movement
a9ixwCD.png

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Trier starting except that he probably shoulda gotten more of a look in preseason play if that was in the cards. My real complaint with this starting line-up is Portis starting over Knox. Also the fact that we'd be staring down DSJ, Frank and Payton all looking for minutes off the bench which could mean 2 guys don't get off the bench of that crew when I think they all came in expecting to compete and earn minutes could become problematic but none of them did enough to demand a starting role...so I'm not hung up on it until it becomes a problem...

Also, we're starting three of our worst defenders in that unit...Trier/Randle/Portis is good on offense but no defense unless they step it up on that end.