"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I ain’t see RJ play much aside from a bit of the Pels game he looked aight how he been lookin for y’all? Hoping he pans out and y’all make KD eat his words somehow. Best of luck to y’all knickas....:tu:

The jump shot is a work progress and he's still too lefty dominant, but he's way ahead of where I assumed he'd be. His strength and intelligence is getting him into the lane even without the explosive first step or "wiggle." He's been more than just a willing passer, but an active playmaker when asked or when doubled. His b-ball IQ is way ahead of the curve overall. Then his defense and rebounding were both really quality. The rebounding is flat out good and defensively he's looking like a two-way player in the making. He'll probably be our best defensive SG unless you count Frank.

I'm still expecting some growing pains, but we've drafted young three years in a row. The difference between him and Knox/Frank is that the latter two were raw and looked like deer in headlights in places (Frank on offense, Knox on defense); RJ doesn't only look comfortable but poised. He's made big plays when momentum was dwindling and he's been in a position to spark runs though in our close outs we've gone HEAVY to Randle. You could argue our offense should run through him right now and in the future that feels all but guaranteed if his preseason is an indicator of how he'll play in season.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Too early to say but he looked roty type:mjgrin:

The jump shot is a work progress and he's still too lefty dominant, but he's way ahead of where I assumed he'd be. His strength and intelligence is getting him into the lane even without the explosive first step or "wiggle." He's been more than just a willing passer, but an active playmaker when asked or when doubled. His b-ball IQ is way ahead of the curve overall. Then his defense and rebounding were both really quality. The rebounding is flat out good and defensively he's looking like a two-way player in the making. He'll probably be our best defensive SG unless you count Frank.

I'm still expecting some growing pains, but we've drafted young three years in a row. The difference between him and Knox/Frank is that the latter two were raw and looked like deer in headlights in places (Frank on offense, Knox on defense); RJ doesn't only look comfortable but poised. He's made big plays when momentum was dwindling and he's been in a position to spark runs though in our close outs we've gone HEAVY to Randle. You could argue our offense should run through him right now and in the future that feels all but guaranteed if his preseason is an indicator of how he'll play in season.

That's good to know. I dunno why but I kinda got the feeling that he was the real prize of the draft. Like Zion is going to be really good, but RJ might end up being better and the more important player to his team. I really hope yall give him everything he needs to succeed. Like you said, yall might have a top notch two way player in the making. That was the one thing I noticed too watching him play. He definitely knows how to score and he seems very comfortable out there for a rookie.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
lol again, you cater to your roster.
theres no reason for us to run latvia plays unless kp was playing lol

Plays can be run for more than one player. A lot of the best sets are run by damn near everybody. I referenced Horns earlier, we don't need to throw out those sets just because we have new players.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
They gonna both get Payton right too.
hvTPjDJ.png
:dead:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
I think Jalen actually believes that. I cant even say I do as a fan, but I do think people are sleeping on the potential of RJ and Kev. The Knicks have a nucleus right now, a potential starting five of all youth, but patience has to be in order. Smith Jr, Frank, RJ, Knox, Mitch. I'd easily rock with that.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Lets not forget Fiz was talking about stealing plays from the France team

Im starting to wonder if he just says things like that to lead us to believe that he knows what hes doing, when in reality he has no plays at all
He also said he was gonna pull plays from Latvia when KP was around :mjlol:
He also preached everyone pushing the ball after the rebound, he's also preaching ball movement, also 90s toughness, and 3 point shooting and whatever is hot at the moment and brought up to him in an interview :mjgrin:

Fizdale is the GOAT bullsh*ter, he talks a good game so no wonder he was able to wife that girl up :mjlit: I just hope he performs better at home than he does at work :dame: