"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Portis and Payton signings were not well thought out.like someone pointed out you have rookies you want to develop but you also have veterans vying for playing time. These dudes wanna get a paycheck and are going to look out for their best interests before the knicks. Portis signing I understand a bit. You’re a bit thin at the center spot but you can kind of rotate Randle, Portis and taj. You can also rotate Morris, Knox and Brazdeikis at the forward spots. But the logjam you created by signing Payton screws us. I understand if you want to run DSJ or frank at PG and RJ or Dotson at SG but now you have to worry about trier getting minutes:dwillhuh: you know he’s craving them too! You drafted the guy you can’t trade him after a season. Then you have Ellington :dead:

Oh yea what are we going to do when bullock returns? :dahell:
Some trades gotta happen it's necessary otherwise these vets that won't be here in a few years will fukk up the youngings even more:snoop:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Some trades gotta happen it's necessary otherwise these vets that won't be here in a few years will fukk up the youngings even more:snoop:
I think they were brought in as trade bait because of the whole KD, Kyrie ordeal which is actually pretty smart. That's why they're being competitive. The only downfall is that noone is really showing improvement besides maybe Morris, Taj and our rookies. Everyone is looking at Randle as a blackhole and no one is gonna want Elfrid or Portis so that's my only guess for why he's getting minutes tonight.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not fair to judge fits until we get a proper roster.
either we are developing the team or we arent.
randle signing fit that vision whether i like him or not.
bullock, ellington, morris, payton werent necessary for this team
you can make an argument for tai and portis

hatin da coach is cool around here for whatever reason, but we dont have the easiest roster to organize

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Oh yea, and the only way I'd get rid of Frank with some other vets is if Blake Griffin was on the table otherwise fukk na.

RJ
Ellington
Knox
Griffin
Mitch

Or

Dennis Smith
RJ
Knox/Morris
Griffin
Taj

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
So I keep hearing about these Detroit trade rumors with frank. I swear to god this team is fukking retarded. They bring in journeyman point guards that no one wants and never develop whatever they have! shyt is frustrating as fukk. No wonder we never get an organic rebuild.

management is trash the coaches are trash and it never changes. How on earth would you give up on a 21 year old defensive stud and give his position to elfrid fukkin Payton that does nothing well?!

im sorry brehs but i May go @Mr. Jack Napier on this team. No consistency or stability in this organization! We have a rotating door when it comes to head coaches. They talk about building a culture well guess what this team is far from having a culture. The two longest tenured knicks are frank and Dotson. One is always in trade rumors and the other is barely gets playing time.

Fiz is wilding and seems to have no vision. Perry is in love with his past picks and mills um mills is just there:scust:

this team is a fukkin mess.

I really don't understand the love affair with Frank. Kid isn't good, and Knicks fans are continuing to grasp at any straw with this kid's game to justify taking him at the 8th pick.

However, nothing is wrong from taking a break from a sports team fan. Especially when they have no direction, or continue to make head scratching moves. Honestly, I've enjoyed basketball a lot more without stressing out about NYK. But Frank ain't the hill to die on fam.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

hatin da coach is cool around here for whatever reason, but we dont have the easiest roster to organize
I’m a coach fiz Stan and really wanted him signed but some his decisions are downright questionable. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year because of the roster but holy shyt we need to see some improvement this year.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
You and @storyteller are very knowledgeable on this franchise. What do you think would help us improve this organization? Should we just keep the roster we have with the vets and stick with a consistent plan, no trades or go back to the drawing board?

Wasn't everyone on board with having Fizdale as a coach a year ago if not for Bud? Did y'all give up hope? I mean last year, we really had nothing to work with. This year is the ultimate test.
I appreciate the compliment breh but I ain’t in @storyteller league(no pun intended):russ: and I’m still learning a lot about the game of ball and the way the league works.

But to answer your questions. I think we were on the right track but like everyone said, these logjams are a killer vets want minutes but so do the youngins specifically for developing. I think we need to set a plan and do it and not half ass, someone gonna be mad regardless but at least make a decision.

I was on board with Fiz, won’t lie. I believe a coach has to motivate and Fiz can do that but it wears off eventually. Dude needs to make an offense plan and hold people accountable for D. I was on board mostly cause he was preaching player development but I haven’t seen much from the younger guys. They flourish under others; Frank, Knox, Mitch. Then you have the prime example of Mitch turning the corner when DJ got here and now that he’s gone Mitch seems to have changed as well, though to be fair this could be an indictment on. Itch’s maturity than on Fiz. Like I said in a post the other day I don’t think Fiz is a coach we’ll win it all with. I think he gets another 2 years, 3 max.

As much as the all black front office is nice, if it ain’t working it’s gotta go. Mills sucks yet he still around, Perry shows too much favoritism to players he knows and have signed. Time will tell though.

What about the nets? They didn’t have a great roster but their coach managed to do something with it.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I really don't understand the love affair with Frank. Kid isn't good, and Knicks fans are continuing to grasp at any straw with this kid's game to justify taking him at the 8th pick.

However, nothing is wrong from taking a break from a sports team fan. Especially when they have no direction, or continue to make head scratching moves. Honestly, I've enjoyed basketball a lot more without stressing out about NYK. But Frank ain't the hill to die on fam.
I honestly don’t understand your disdain for frank. Theirs been countless amounts of players that have limited offensive games and were defensive studs. Tony Allen and thabo sefalosha are two that I can think of off the top of my head. Teams were able to find a place for those players to thrive in their rosters. Having a defender of that caliber allows your offensive weapon (ie DSJ or RJ) to expend all their energy on the offense side.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I honestly don’t understand your disdain for frank. Theirs been countless amounts of players that have limited offensive games and were defensive studs. Tony Allen and thabo sefalosha are two that I can think of off the top of my head. Teams were able to find a place for those players to thrive in their rosters. Having a defender of that caliber allows your offensive weapon (ie DSJ or RJ) to expend all their energy on the offense side.

I don't like his game. Even if he wasn't on the Knicks.

I don't think he's near their level of defender yet, if he ever gets there. Plus you don't waste a 8th pick on a "defender", imo.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don't see the FO taking this route again...the accumulate & logjam strategy. I can imagine that they are speaking to themselves and saying, "Aight, we have to chill a bit." I don't want to act like what they've done is something terrible when we were praising them for NOT leveraging their future by giving out long term contracts out of desperation.

I am not mad at Perry or Mills(I know how crazy that sounds) I want to keep having faith in them, and I will.

Now Fiz. It's just not seeming like anything is coming into fruition. Now...let's be honest, we don't really pay attention to the good coaches when they have early rough starts. I WANT Fiz to show us that he's not just throwing shyt at the wall. I need him to show that.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don't like his game. Even if he wasn't on the Knicks.

I don't think he's near their level of defender yet, if he ever gets there. Plus you don't waste a 8th pick on a "defender", imo.
You're making the biggest mistake on some Monday morning quarterback shyt, breh. I'm not even trying to disrespect you.

Yes, you don't waste your 8th pick on a "defender". But...breh...
:gucci:It's 2019, the Knicks aren't drafting Frank Ntlikina. Frank Ntilikina is a member of the Knicks roster. You're looking at this player from a petty and inaccurate lens.

Are you really the type to have a roll of 100s in your pocket and seeing a dollar makes you cringe so you throw it on the floor? Sounds like it. You are Knicks coach, do you or don't you try to put the man - Frank Ntilikina - in a role that he could be optimized?

You say he isn't that great of a defender yet...

Funny how some players can get time to develop because they're young, but we already writing off DSJ
What if some fukk boy said, "DSJ isn't that great of an offensive player yet." This would be your response.

Frank isn't a star. He'll never be a star. He'll never be a no. 2 option. He'll never be picked 8th in an imaginary fantasy draft. Cool.

But, when you look at it objectively, he is a player on the Knicks, if you're a fan, do you root for him? Yes. Do you stay honest about his faults? Yes. But do you speak about the nikka with the vitriol that makes it seem like you come from the fukkboy School of Melo Hating aka FSMH academy? Nah, you don't...if you are a fan.

All we want is for Frank to get a fair shake in a place and role that he can excel. Same as us wanting DSJ to be in a place that he excels.

Spooky. :hubie:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate the compliment breh but I ain’t in @storyteller league(no pun intended):russ: and I’m still learning a lot about the game of ball and the way the league works.

But to answer your questions. I think we were on the right track but like everyone said, these logjams are a killer vets want minutes but so do the youngins specifically for developing. I think we need to set a plan and do it and not half ass, someone gonna be mad regardless but at least make a decision.

I was on board with Fiz, won’t lie. I believe a coach has to motivate and Fiz can do that but it wears off eventually. Dude needs to make an offense plan and hold people accountable for D. I was on board mostly cause he was preaching player development but I haven’t seen much from the younger guys. They flourish under others; Frank, Knox, Mitch. Then you have the prime example of Mitch turning the corner when DJ got here and now that he’s gone Mitch seems to have changed as well, though to be fair this could be an indictment on. Itch’s maturity than on Fiz. Like I said in a post the other day I don’t think Fiz is a coach we’ll win it all with. I think he gets another 2 years, 3 max.

As much as the all black front office is nice, if it ain’t working it’s gotta go. Mills sucks yet he still around, Perry shows too much favoritism to players he knows and have signed. Time will tell though.

What about the nets? They didn’t have a great roster but their coach managed to do something with it.
its not about having a great roster
its about defining roles
if you wanna develop knox, why bring morris to take his mins?
if you wanna develop frank and dennis smith, why bring in payton?
why bring in ellington if u wanna develop trier and dotson?
and then you guys get mad at da coach for not solving this steve mill perry clusterfukk?

our starting line up should consist o
of mitch randle knox rj and dennis smith
bench should be frank dotson trier, gibson, portis, and iggy.

u csn experiment with frank at da point and little things here and there, but dat should be da core.

its like we signed a supoorting cast for kyrie and durant without gettin kyrie and durant:russ:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
its not about having a great roster
its about defining roles
if you wanna develop knox, why bring morris to take his mins?
if you wanna develop frank and dennis smith, why bring in payton?
why bring in ellington if u wanna develop trier and dotson?
and then you guys get mad at da coach for not solving this steve mill perry clusterfukk?

our starting line up should consist o
of mitch randle knox rj and dennis smith
bench should be frank dotson trier, gibson, portis, and iggy.

u csn experiment with frank at da point and little things here and there, but dat should be da core.

its like we signed a supoorting cast for kyrie and durant without gettin kyrie and durant:russ:
Fair enough, but he ain’t gotta play them guys unless they telling him to. And roles can still be defined but he doesn’t do it.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I don't see the FO taking this route again...the accumulate & logjam strategy. I can imagine that they are speaking to themselves and saying, "Aight, we have to chill a bit." I don't want to act like what they've done is something terrible when we were praising them for NOT leveraging their future by giving out long term contracts out of desperation.

I am not mad at Perry or Mills(I know how crazy that sounds) I want to keep having faith in them, and I will.

Now Fiz. It's just not seeming like anything is coming into fruition. Now...let's be honest, we don't really pay attention to the good coaches when they have early rough starts. I WANT Fiz to show us that he's not just throwing shyt at the wall. I need him to show that.
My exact sentiments. I was fans of teams when they were in a rough patch so I know how the process works. Based on that, I actually liked Wednesday's game. They just weren't hitting shots. A few tweaks and they could've dominated that game. Let's see what Fizdale has seen.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Sixers just drafted a player 2 years older than Frank that people are saying is probably gonna be their sixth man because of how good he is defensively. Dude doesn’t have half the offense Frank has right now.