"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
fukk no

Dude has never been a 2 :mjlol:
Yes, he's never been a 2 but he can hold those guys. He also moves like a 2 at the 3 and 4 which is his strength.

:whoa:
I'm not saying play him at the 2 over RJ, Trier or Frank. I'm just saying the guy is talented enough to play it.

Sidenote: They should let Nitty start over Dennis Smith due to back injuries.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yes, he's never been a 2 but he can hold those guys. He also moves like a 2 at the 3 and 4 which is his strength.

:whoa:
I'm not saying play him at the 2 over RJ, Trier or Frank. I'm just saying the guy is talented enough to play it.

Sidenote: They should let Nitty start over Dennis Smith due to back injuries.
No, he's at a big quickness disadvantage going against those guys. Morris doesn't move like a SG, he has a classic small forward game.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Per the NY Post: https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/a-bunch-of-knicks-just-shrank/

A bunch of Knicks just shrank

The Knicks got shorter — on paper.

In compliance with an NBA mandate to become more accurate with listed heights in an attempt at full disclosure, the Knicks released their new measurements.

Recent draft picks Kevin Knox II, Frank Ntilikina and Mitchell Robinson each lost an inch. Knox was reduced to 6-foot-8 from 6-9. Ntilikina stepped down to 6-5. And Mitchell Robinson was scaled back to 7-foot. The Knicks had bumped Ntilkina from 6-5 to 6-6 before last season when he came back from France an inch taller.

Also, point guard Kadeem Allen, a two-way contract player, dropped from 6-3 to 6-2.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Game day fam! Lots of rotation spots up for grabs including starting spots. DSJ and Dot will be missing in this one (Dot out for preseason, DSJ just precautionary). If you were to base this strictly on performance from Open practice, Knox and Trier would be the starting wings with Frank/Elfrid being debatable as the starting PG while DSJ is out...we also got a touch of RJ at PG in the open practice and with both DSJ and Allen missing this one, that experiment could get another look.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Game day fam! Lots of rotation spots up for grabs including starting spots. DSJ and Dot will be missing in this one (Dot out for preseason, DSJ just precautionary). If you were to base this strictly on performance from Open practice, Knox and Trier would be the starting wings with Frank/Elfrid being debatable as the starting PG while DSJ is out...we also got a touch of RJ at PG in the open practice and with both DSJ and Allen missing this one, that experiment could get another look.
Payton is probably starting Perry didn't bring him to start on the bench. I'd rather RJ get it since he's the pick and we need him to get as much experience as he can
Fiba Frank Nitty and Iso Zo sounds like an interesting team:jbhmm::ehh:I really hope DSJ takes it easy man I've been scared for him all off season:sadcam:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Midseason form for Kanter.

Starting line-up for tn confirmed, all Vets and RJ.

This leaves a really intriguing second unit.
Frank - Zo - Knox - Taj? - Portis

The spacing on the second unit should be really good. The defense even with Frank and Taj is shaky though unless Zo, Knox and/or Portis take steps on that end. I don't mind the starting unit but the spacing is....less than ideal and reminds me a bit of last year when we had a lot of groupings that cluttered the floor while the few plays we had all aimed at getting into the paint. That said, the problem exists with any of our PG's unless they've improved as a three point shooter. DSJ is hopeful, Frank is pulling the trigger more and Payton you hope has learned in his time how to work around the lack of jumper.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Watching that KP step back three pulled on Boban really pisses me the fukk off.

If KP is a beast this year, I'm not going to be mad at our organization; we did what we had to do with a toxic element - his management team.

I'm just going to be even more pissed at KP. I don't think his tenure in Dallas is going to be as lovey-dovey as he thinks. He could have had the basketball world in his palm in NY with RJ and Mitch next to him.

Crazy, bytch ass, talented nikka.:francis:

Beautiful jumper.

:mjcry:

This damn team keeps pulling me back in.

Not sold on Frank offseason highlights.

I remember the half spin into post fadeaway from last pre-season. Him shooting threes.

Not fooling me into that again.