"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So would you say that we don't know their strengths and weaknesses? Or would you say that it took us a long time to figure out their strengths and weaknesses?
I don’t get why people can’t accept that we tanked but Fiz didn’t develop anyone or even a system .and mudiay getting all that time was useless

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Bobby Portis is a signing that I think could really bare fruit. His reputation off the Mirotic incident sounds way off based on an article that dropped a while ago and he sounds like another quality guy to be in that locker room here too. His defense has to improve for him to really hit his value, but he can really stretch the floor and rebounds that rock well. I want to see he looks like paired with Mitch.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I don’t get why people can’t accept that we tanked but Fiz didn’t develop anyone or even a system .and mudiay getting all that time was useless
The thing is that they all did develop granted not through the system that we've seen them play in the season but behind the scenes throughout.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I always forget about DSJ, perhaps it’s because he’s been irrelevant for the past 2 seasons.

Hopefully he can have a breakout season. I’m not a fan of his game, but hopefully he can prove me wrong and can turn into a legit starting PG for us.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
My other lineup would be:

RJ/Frank
Morris
Knox
Randle
Mitch

I think RJ can play a point and has an underrated passing ability and Morris can play a 2.

Based off practice Iso and Knox were looking smooth so a lineup of:

RJ
Trier
Knox
Morris
Taj/Mitch could work.

Wooten was looking good as well. I like Lamar Peters handles but he has terrible shot selection.

Edit: Frank Nitty step back 3 is so beautiful, he needs to use it more especially for his length.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Scrimmage stand outs to me:
ISO-Zo! ball wasn’t sticking! Fired the three when he had space and was accurate with it.

Knox, stand out of the game. He was hitting everything and had a really nice drive and kick that showed he’s seeing the floor well. He’s visibly more comfortable.

RJ took jumpers in space and knocked down a three (good sign). Got in the lane for a couple of nice finishes including an and-one. Missed free throws but he’s a bull.

Frank tried to yam it on Bobby portis. Looks like he’s really developed a nice step back move (used it in FIBA play too). He’s way more comfortable with his handle.

Payton was steady. Took what the defense gave him all the way through and ball movement was always smooth with him on the floor.

Morris was aggressive and produced with it although he took some sketchy shots.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
My other lineup would be:

RJ/Frank
Morris
Knox
Randle
Mitch

I think RJ can play a point and has an underrated passing ability and Morris can play a 2.

Based off practice Iso and Knox were looking smooth so a lineup of:

RJ
Trier
Knox
Morris
Taj/Mitch could work.

Wooten was looking good as well. I like Lamar Peters handles but he has terrible shot selection.

Edit: Frank Nitty step back 3 is so beautiful, he needs to use it more especially for his length.
Morris can’t play the 2. He’s a combo forward at 6’9 235 lb.

Can you imagine chasing a Buddy Hield or J.J. Redikk off screens