"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Y'all make no sense. Whether proven or not, we knew and still know strengths, weaknesses, possibilities, and impossibilities of all the players we had then and now. You could've developed a defensive identity and started Frank, Dotson, Whoever, Vonleh and Mitch. Matter of fact we DID start that exact lineup with a defensively motivated THJR and actually won a few games.

If we wanted to have a fast paced identity, we could've started Trier, DSJR, Dotson, Knox and Mitch.

The problem wasn't that we didn't know, the problem was we didn't choose.

Edit: and the idea that the Knicks couldn't develop an identity because they were thinking about trading for Anthony Davis 8 months ago is just nonsensical.
Frank and Dennis were injured and our team was shyt last year so we'll agree to disagree.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Frank and Dennis were injured and our team was shyt last year so we'll agree to disagree.
I don't believe Frank was injured before we abandoned that starting lineup and Dennis being injured doesn't stop us from playing fast. It just forces us to start Mudiay instead (which we were doing anyway with an average paced offense)

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea that you can't develop an identity because you may be in play for a Max player is ridiculous to me. A lot of max players like to see an organization that pushes an identity and seem have a clear and stable vision for the future rather than an organization that can't make up its mind. Add to that, if you're really worth your max contract then you should be able to either add to or complement ANY identity
honestly bro, just say you are upset because you wanted frank to play or something and its clouding your judgement lol

it was officially year 1 of our rebuilding process since we just hired a new gm and coach.

it takes time to build an idenity and to figure out what players u wanna roll with in the future.

it took years for da mark jackson warriors to develop their idenity and see what system and players they wanted to roll with.

we dealt away our franchise player who we all expected to be here da next 10 plus years, we traded away tim hardway who was considered our second best player.

we had da zion pick in the shadows
we had 2 max guys slots in the shadows

there was a lot of question marks and there was no way we could develop an progressive idenity. realistically, we coulda had 4 or 5 different teams this season and our idenity would depend on the roster.

i guess you are one of those mike dantoni types that think u have the same idenity regardless of da personnel. it doesnt make sense, and thats why he stays losing when it really matters

and no, just because you are a max player, doesnt mean you should be able to adapt to any idenity:gucci:

u and mike dantoni woulda had prime dwight howard out there shootom 3s:snoop:

last year was just a trail run. we wanted to see who could hang and we also wanted to showcase players for potential trades.

you lookin too much into this, we werent even trying to win games:russ:

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
So a lot of the roster last year was either young or trash.... we were trying to keep space open for Durant and KP and after the trade Durant and another Max player. What we are doing now is completely the Scott Perry Special.....

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article161521688.html

This roster was brought in to mentor the youth to be tougher, rebound, and play defense. The kings we to a 39-43 and I think that isn't crazy to maybe expect from the knicks too
Bingo. Which is why I like this front office. David Fizdale and Scott Perry were a match made in heaven for the future of this team. As long as they're here, I'm a Knicks fan.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I don't believe Frank was injured before we abandoned that starting lineup and Dennis being injured doesn't stop us from playing fast. It just forces us to start Mudiay instead (which we were doing anyway with an average paced offense)
Dennis at 6'3 is a true point guard. They were building off of him while developing Frank at the 2. We really had no big men on our roster so Knox played unsuccessfully at 4 but had explosive games at the 3. There really was nothing to identify so it was all trial and error to find everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Trying to find their identity in a rookie year is terrible coaching. Fiz said exactly what he was gonna do.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
honestly bro, just say you are upset because you wanted frank to play or something and its clouding your judgement lol
I didn't read the rest because I want to point out how for you, everything has to do with Frank. I legit was criticizing Fiz's inability to stick to any decisions. Couldn't stuck with a starting lineup, couldn't stick with a defensive or offensive identity, he didn't really do anything but throw shyt out there and hope for the best.

Now I am reserving final judgment until I see how this season goes because maybe he was directed to make all these decisions that did nothing to develop the younger players.... But I'm doubtful

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Dennis at 6'3 is a true point guard. They were building off of him while developing Frank at the 2. We really had no big men on our roster so Knox played unsuccessfully at 4 but had explosive games at the 3. There really was nothing to identify so it was all trial and error to find everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Trying to find their identity in a rookie year is terrible coaching. Fiz said exactly what he was gonna do.
Cool cool cool... Which of the guys you referenced were rookies though? Just Knox right

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
But Frank was Phil's boy, not Fiz. He never said anything about getting Frank right. He said he would move Frank around and see what works. Now, it looks like they're gonna play him at the point.

Honestly, Knicks fans are 50/50 on Frank outside of that, a majority thinks he's trash. You can't base his coaching solely on Phil's boy. Gotta think outside the box from a realistic perspective. If the man is not producing anything at all, you can't just keep shoving him out there over other guys that are hot like Dotson or Trier, simply because a few Knicks fans says so.

That's like the Pelicans organization building solely around Lonzo Ball because you like him and if he gets limited minutes then the coaching sucks while overlooking Zion who's a beast or Ingram.

Frank has the potential to be good but he's not the sole indicator behind the outcome of the Knicks.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Cool cool cool... Which of the guys you referenced were rookies though? Just Knox right
Knox and Mitchell Robinson, my bad. The other guys either came from the Westchester Knicks or had 2 years playing at fodder level. There's nothing to build off of in positionless ball.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Knox and Mitchell Robinson, my bad. The other guys either came from the Westchester Knicks or had 2 years playing at fodder level. There's nothing to build off of in positionless ball.
So would you say that we don't know their strengths and weaknesses? Or would you say that it took us a long time to figure out their strengths and weaknesses?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
But Frank was Phil's boy, not Fiz. He never said anything about getting Frank right. He said he would move Frank around and see what works. Now, it looks like they're gonna play him at the point.

Honestly, Knicks fans are 50/50 on Frank outside of that, a majority thinks he's trash. You can't base his coaching solely on Phil's boy. Gotta think outside the box from a realistic perspective. If the man is not producing anything at all, you can't just keep shoving him out there over other guys that are hot like Dotson or Trier, simply because a few Knicks fans says so.

That's like the Pelicans organization building solely around Lonzo Ball because you like him and if he gets limited minutes then the coaching sucks while overlooking Zion who's a beast or Ingram.

Frank has the potential to be good but he's not the sole indicator behind the outcome of the Knicks.
I'm trying to figure out who you're responding to....

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I'm trying to figure out who you're responding to....
I'm hungover bruh, I guess it was in reference to you or anyone critiquing Fiz coach solely on Frank. He's an anomaly. He shows up in France but during the season, he kinda is just there. I'm having faith he'll be a heavy hitter on the squad though.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

in retrospect, i'm still a KP fan. can't say what happened behind closed doors between him and the front office (Phil fukked it up) but for 2.5 years, he was the one prospect since Ewing we had to look forward to.

with that being said, get em on that poster RJ...
giphy.gif