"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

KFTV has absolutely killed it this offseason. This includes mistakes too, just a collection of impact plays both ways.

Couple of quick thoughts:
- The second TO which wasn't in the clip came on a pick and roll where he forced it to Gobert. It looked like USA adjusted at that point because he struggled against the adjustment at first and then Nando did too. But half time fixed that for everybody.

- The hesitation against Barnes who was five feet away and still blowing by him at around 30 seconds is a move that Frank has done a few times this tournament. It's a speed change and it works, he's drawn fouls or finished on that move. Also shows a bit more pop in his explosiveness off the dribble imo.

- That fourth quarter, he had a couple more nice plays that didn't make the cut. His defense forced a TO and he had an elbow jumper. He also hit a catch and shoot three pointer that didn't count because a whistle happened on the pass, but the rhythm and motion into it bled into the two long jumpers he'd make after.

- Speaking of that last long jumper, he's looked more comfortable taking and making jumpers in shorter windows of space. It's nothing crazy but it's a good sign in terms of aggressiveness and confidence.

- First clip, that righty skip pass across the body to the roll man is something he's done repeatedly. He flashed that in a few spots in past years but it's shown up a lot with Gobert and I think it can work with Mitch as well.

Frank looks like he's really improved but I'm not sure if the system and being home is playing into his confidence. If he brings this confidence back here with him, he can break into the rotation.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Best I could find so far

Let it be said NOW...

NO...Frank fans are not saying, "See, he'll be a superstar!!!" like many of the Frank haters will claim we are inferring by our elation in response to his performance.

We are simply saying, SEE, he CAN be a solid role player and great ingredient to winning basketball.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

KFTV has absolutely killed it this offseason. This includes mistakes too, just a collection of impact plays both ways.

Couple of quick thoughts:
- The second TO which wasn't in the clip came on a pick and roll where he forced it to Gobert. It looked like USA adjusted at that point because he struggled against the adjustment at first and then Nando did too. But half time fixed that for everybody.

- The hesitation against Barnes who was five feet away and still blowing by him at around 30 seconds is a move that Frank has done a few times this tournament. It's a speed change and it works, he's drawn fouls or finished on that move. Also shows a bit more pop in his explosiveness off the dribble imo.

- That fourth quarter, he had a couple more nice plays that didn't make the cut. His defense forced a TO and he had an elbow jumper. He also hit a catch and shoot three pointer that didn't count because a whistle happened on the pass, but the rhythm and motion into it bled into the two long jumpers he'd make after.

- Speaking of that last long jumper, he's looked more comfortable taking and making jumpers in shorter windows of space. It's nothing crazy but it's a good sign in terms of aggressiveness and confidence.

- First clip, that righty skip pass across the body to the roll man is something he's done repeatedly. He flashed that in a few spots in past years but it's shown up a lot with Gobert and I think it can work with Mitch as well.

Frank looks like he's really improved but I'm not sure if the system and being home is playing into his confidence. If he brings this confidence back here with him, he can break into the rotation.

Lol, I hate the music choice in all his videos. It sounds like a poverty stricken Austrian hood beat.

I think he will break into rotation. He's a better player than Trier to me in terms of how well he plays with the team and allows everyone to get touches.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Ima need gobert to be more aggressive out there . Patty mills was scoring at will, baynes was hitting 3s at a steph curry clip, bogut was getting his footwork on. Batum hasn’t been aggressive on offense which I think could help the French team. The two consistent forces on offense for France are Fournier and de colo. those two are scoring on everyone. Although albicy is pretty good I think the French coach should close games out with frank at the point or two guard. His defense would be beneficial at containing the guards. He took frank out at the end of the Lithuania game and they made a run and almost won. He took frank out during the Australia game they made a run and won. Stop taking your best guard defender out :stopitslime:

He put toupane on patty mills and toupane committed two fouls on mills in a minute which caused him to go to the line.

Smarten up collett :ufdup:
I believe you too. :blessed: