NYC Subway Struggles

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:In my adult life, I have never missed a train.

Now buses?:francis:What you know bout using the app, seeing 4 minutes till the bus leaves, and it pulls off 2 minutes early?

What you know bout seeing 4 minutes till the bus leaves, you show up with 2 minutes, but traffic blocks you from crossing the street, and you miss the bus?

:blacknerdlost:
:mjcry:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't get it, I thought NYC's public transportation was the envy of North America?

The problem is that NYC transportation system has to move millions of people every day and do so at a very high volume which puts considerable strain on the trains, the tracks, the subways and the riders. On top of that there are so many factors that can jam up the commute like weather, crime, malfunctions, etc.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
I don't get it, I thought NYC's public transportation was the envy of North America?

as miserable as it can be the NYC subway system is pretty great - it runs 24 hours and covers the most distance out of any system in the country (maybe the world?) but if you live somewhere deep in the boros and you're looking at 2-3 transfers, or a bus ride to the train, and have to work in the city - you could be looking at 2 hours. especially with delays. when i was coming into the city from queens village it was like 2 hours :mjcry:

i don't want to be super rich , i just wanna be straight to the point where i don't have to take the MTA again (unless I want to). having the money for a car and being able to freely park it everywhere you go... :blessed:
id much rather be stuck in traffic in a car than underground on the train

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

It is.... but they do numerous construction projects, derailments (*rare), train traffic, trains being rerouted to a local track when you need express speeds.

There are always issues.... :snoop:

When the train works and you can get a decent seat it's :gladbron:

When the shyt is fukked up..... :mjcry: AC broke, 100 heat tunnels in the summer, dirty smelly bums, slow trains, the occasional fighting and or stabbing. :mjcry: it's fukked up...