NYC Subway Struggles

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
the most annoying / low key funny shyt is when someone carelessly just leaves a bottle of whatever they were drinking on the ground and it never gets picked up, so its constantly just rolling everytime the train stops/moves down the entire car and everyone is getting all mad kicking it away. its even funnier if it's full and there isn't a cap on it :damn: warm, sticky spilled soda all over the car watching people dodge the mess in their fresh foams :russ:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Yep I miss my car hard body... I'm tired of taking the bus and train but I gotta endure it for a long while longer... :mjcry:

That was the worst things about taking a train or a bus, either the bums fighting, train traffic, or some other dumb shyt here in nyc... :scust:
Working in DC, I park my car all week in American University Park and take buses and subways. These subway renovations have sabotaged my commute!

But it is all uphill from the NYC subway.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
I have seen an office worker faint on the purple 7 train below Manhattan. Cracked her head on the platform and busted her skull TO THE WHITE MEAT. Cops wrapped a loooooongbandage around her head while they waited for paramedics.

Loitering two levels below the earth's surface w/o a/c, waiting for a stalled train, and sweating into Brooks Brothers suiting == misery. Rush hour in Manhattan during summer approaches madness. (This is why my ibanker friends ALWAYS take company cars.)

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Surely you jest.

I have seen an office worker faint on the purple 7 train below Manhattan. Cracked her head on the platform and busted her skull TO THE WHITE MEAT. Cops wrapped a loooooongbandage around her head while they waited for paramedics.

Loitering two levels below the earth's surface w/o a/c, waiting for a stalled train, and sweating into Brooks Brothers suiting == misery. Rush hour in Manhattan during summer approaches madness. (This is why my ibanker friends ALWAYS take company cars.)

Yep those subway tunnels get extremely hot in the summer time like your standing in a fukking oven... God forbid if the AC dont work on the trains either... :scust:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Yep I miss my car hard body... I'm tired of taking the bus and train but I gotta endure it for a long while longer... :mjcry:

That was the worst things about taking a train or a bus, either the bums fighting, train traffic, or some other dumb shyt here in nyc... :scust:

That was the best part of riding the bus to me... The fukkery. I'd always come home with a story.

The only thing I hated for the timing that shyt up so I didn't miss it. Or being to work too early or late if anything happen.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
The 2 and 3 dont have respeck for the 1 :pachaha: You know how many times Ive been in the 2 or 3 and it waits on the platform for the 1 to come. The 1 pulls up and you can see ppl ready to get out the door but the 2 or 3 leaves right before the 1 opens its doors.
There must have been another 2 or 3 train waiting behind yours. But what was the point of waiting for the 1 to arrive?

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
:mjlol:
ny nikkas lives are just a series L's with brief periods in between of narrowly avoided L's
And they do not even KNOW IT.

Their urban children play on playgrounds that are 100% paved over. Fall off the swing set into mulch? HELL NO. That skull is getting fractured.

But carry on about pub trans.... u_u

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
What you know about waiting for the bus for 20+ minutes, but the bus across the street had like 10 buses go by.:mjcry:

What you know about taking ANY train after midnight and the countdown looks like 25,31,19:mjcry:

WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT SEEING THE BUS FINALLY SHOW UP:blessed: AND AFTER YOU TAKE YOUR METROCARD OUT THE BUS JUST SKIPS YOUR STOP:mjcry:
Summon an uber already, gd it.

Daps
The problem is that NYC transportation system has to move millions of people every day and do so at a very high volume which puts considerable strain on the trains, the tracks, the subways and the riders. On top of that there are so many factors that can jam up the commute like weather, crime, malfunctions, etc.

That's fair :ehh:

I'm in Toronto and TTC here is pos. So I always thought you NYC cats had it easy :mjlol: While the NYC infrastructure it is considerably larger in scale and runs 24 hrs I guess the sheer load puts a strain on the system regardless.

Thanks for the comment.

I'd move away from public transit if I could but driving ain't that much better in these highways during rush hour unfortunately :yeshrug:

Daps
id much rather be stuck in traffic in a car than underground on the train

To me both are equally undesirable. At least on the train I can read on something. But then again if there's an offensive smell, if it's full as hell or there's any of the kinds of annoying shyt that happens in trains I'm not gonna be doing much reading anyway. Perfect situation is if there's no traffic, you are driving on a convertible, wind blowing in your face/hair ... etc. But how many of us are living that dream :russ:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
This is for all the idiots who crowd the doors so people have to push off to get off… fukk you. I make sure to arm check you fukks just so you know what it is. Get out the way so people can get the fukk off.