NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Growing up, experiencing all Black cultures was a blessing :wow:

Walking in the 5 boroughs, you see all the different languages and accents all over

From the Caribbeans (Jamaica, Trinidad, Haitian, Greneda, Guyanese, Antigua, etc)

To the Black Americans

To the Africans (Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Congo, etc etc)

To the Black Latinos (Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Brazilians, Costa Ricans, Panamanians, etc)

And the food :whew:

I thought everywhere in America was like this as a kid growing up. Guess I was spoiled :mjgrin:

Washington DC is the only place that I would put 2nd on a place like this. Houston would be 3rd IMO

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yessir.

Walking into peoples homes and seeing them eat the same things and call it a different name, seeing how they communicate. It’s an amazing thing to see our commonalities as Black people.

By virtue of living in the largest Black community in the country I’m in tune with every facet of Global black culture and social norms

Que lo que manin

Wamnin Jed

Wagwan

Bawo ni!

Bonswa

YERRRRR!

shyts amazing

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The largest most concentrated Black population in America consists of more than 900,000 African Americans living in a 4 mile square area in the New York Borough of Brooklyn. Harlem, located at the north end of Manhattan is still the most dense (people per square mile) Black community in the nation. New York enjoys a more diverse Black population than most cities. 935,512 of the areas residents where born outside of the US and 413,669 of them are still not American citizens. The majority (84.4%) of Foreign-born Black residents are from the Caribbean. 13.0% are immigrants from Africa and 1.6% are from Europe.
BlackDemographics.com | New York City

That’s why a lot of these offbrand nikkas from nowhere you gotta shrug off,they don’t UNDERSTAND what it means to really live in an area that is entirely black.. Black neighborhoods in these other cities and states be like 40 percent blaxk and shyt lol

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
In terms of being a TRUE diasporic city, nothing compares to New York. It's so diverse here in terms of black people that a lot of us are mixed. I married a Trini woman so my kids are Afro Rican-Trinidadian in terms of culture. And that's not at all uncommon.

I think for that reason we don't think about predominantly black inner city areas as fundamentally segregated and fukked up places. People from certain countries typically choose to be near to their own, but they create business, revitalize different areas... If you're black in this city you can watch blacks from all over the world thriving right here... It gives you another level of motivation, really puts the battery in your back.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

hands-people-pictogram-over-american-flag-community-unit-population-race-humanity-concept-multiracial-couple-holding-60147781.jpg

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
honestly, living here as an AA, i feel like an outsider whenever around other blacks who are mostly 1st, and 2nd gens something else.

I mean i get along with everyone, but the cultural differences are there.

I feel you on that. I'm Afro-Rican, but I grew up in a hood that was Rican/AA... I'm the first one to put a lot of these West Indians in place when they want to talk down on AA people. The shifting demographics have made some groups a little too comfortable, they like to conveniently forget the history of this country we live in, the fact that they stand on the shoulders of GIANTS.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
But according to some people here Africans don't live in the same neighborhoods with Black Americans.

As soon as an African immigrant steps off the plane he is somehow able to afford a house in a rich White neighborhood.

Mannnn, wait til these same idiots come to Harlem and West BX, Africans here are living in 2 bedroom(sometimes one for entire families) apartments near 116th, Highbridge, 167th, and Concourse making ends meet like everybody else. Nobody's got it like that.

I only know two African families my entire life here that actually managed to buy a house in the city. The most doctors, lawyers, nurses, business owners all live in the surrounding burbs.

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I feel you on that. I'm Afro-Rican, but I grew up in a hood that was Rican/AA... I'm the first one to put a lot of these West Indians in place when they want to talk down on AA people. The shifting demographics have made some groups a little too comfortable, they like to conveniently forget the history of this country we live in, the fact that they stand on the shoulders of GIANTS.
I started to notice alot more when i'm talking with someone who is WI or African or Afro Latino and they ask specifically where my family is from and I say "I'm straight American"...the responses is always (from men and women) "Oh you're a Yankee" or "oh...you're just regular black huh" while they laugh or roll their eyes.