Now that the generation is officially done, what grade will you rate it.

What’s your grade. Out of 5

Votes: 11 25.0%

Votes: 21 47.7%

Votes: 10 22.7%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
PS4 would be a 4/5. Point taken if I had to be honest, I didn't like how they gutted their MP offerings so early. To this day you can still boot up and play classic MP games on Xbox such as Halo(MCC) or even the original games meanwhile Uncharted 2/3 and TLOU(for the PS3) was taken offline already. To add insult to injury, the Uncharted collection comes out for PS4 and doesn't include the MP.:snoop:
Game wise they really hit it out the park though. SEVERAL GOTY/G titles.

Nintendo, ehh a 3/5 for me. The Switch is cool and all but it's really being carried by their exclusives and honestly I felt like Zelda wasn't that great. Smash Bros Online was bare bones which didn't do it for me.

Xbox... :laff:

I honestly say this but there's not a single 1st party Xbox game I can say was worthy of being a GOTY or GOTG contender. Gears 5's Sp was okay and the MP is ight but that's it. It's the equivalent of the papi store sandwich. When you hungry it can hit the spot but it ain't nothing new. Halo 5's SP was booty and Forza Horizon is great but that's it.
The lack of first party multiplayer support on Sony side is the exact reason I deducted a point..

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
PS2 - 5/5

PS3 - 3.5/5

PS4 - 4/5

This era would've been great if Take Two allowed Dan Houser to do what he wanted.

This gen missed another Rockstar game that wasn't a remaster or RDR2.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I played piff on all of the Big3 I gotta give this gen a 9/10

I’ve had my PS4 since launch and even learned to take it apart and fix it after it bricked itself. I played a TON of Destiny 1 with friends from back home after moving cross country and that was awesome. I also taught my lil one how to play games with LittleBigPlanet2. More recently, Persona 5 Royal became one of my favorite games of all time and Spider-Man was a dope call back for me as well since I used to play all the Spider-Man games as a kid on N64 & PS2. Still gotta finish HZD, GoW, and play TLOU to close it out proper.

For Xbox, Console mods on Fallout/Skyrim was HUGE for me and the reason I got one in the first place. My gf and I had to have put in 1000+ hours on those games each:wow:. I absolutely love GamePass and had a blast playing Forza Horizon 3 & 4, OuterWorlds (free one day 1), and a bunch of other multi-plats. Looking to beat Gears 5 campaign before Series X comes out as my Xbox victory lap:whew:

And the switch man:wow:. I only got one so I can play Smash and Fire Emblem but it might actually end up being my personal favorite this gen. I’ve got all the best exclusives and ports and being able to play them anywhere is amazing :banderas:

I’ll even give Stadia a 6.5/10 for showing me the potential of cloud gaming with an amazing RDR2 playthrough, but having a shyt library:huhldup:. I really do hope Google seriously invests in the service because it is a game-changer when you actually play for yourself and the potential is insane. Idk about anyone else’s internet setup but in my house that shyt was next-gen console quality with NO hiccups in over 100+ hours of playtime. You can’t tell me that shyt isn’t the future because I’ve seen it:hubie:

I don’t knock anybody’s choice to own a specific one because all the consoles have their merits, but I believe that eventually acquiring and playing the best of everything is the GOAT gaming experience:ohlawd:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I gave it a 3.5 as a whole. Being mainly a multiplayer user games user, shyt like fortnight ruined the gen for me. Battle royal shyt is wack imo.

all the battle fields was ass outside of 4, gears multiplayer was ass, halo multi was Ass, cod, titanfall, Destiny, neither console introduced a new ip that did anything for me.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Great gen honestly. Sony crushed the buildings. Nintendo while doing a whole lot of NOTHING this year still blessed me with quite frankly the best game i ever played(BOTW) along with Odyssey,Smash,Animal Crossing and 3 houses.

Xbox finally said fukk it and embraced PC. Sure for the "console war" nerds Xbox is a laughing stock. But for pc gang we will GLADLY take those microsoft first party titles. Gears 4 and 5 are probably THE BEST Console-PC ports this generation.

And now Sony is feeding the PC streets as well. While im sure shyt like Spidey and GoW will never touch PC the fact were getting shyt like Death Stranding and Horizon means they only gonna go bigger next gen with the PC support!

And of course PC is still the best place to play triple a 3rd party titles. Not to mention u just can't beat free online.

Even the "battle royale" phase caught me. While i HATED fortnite i loved Apex and Warzone!

Next Gen going PS5/Switch/PC!!

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
4 out of 5.

PS4 Pro should have been more powerful, but it’s great improvement over the base 4.

xbox one x was a good machine, tons of backwards compatible titles.

Really hope the next switch console is a powerhouse and is backwards compatible with current switch games. Some titles on the switch are blurry mess and borderline unplayable.

Getting a series x and ps5 on day one.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
PS4 is the new goat....:wow:

never forget how they won ever since E3 and microsoft fukking failed!!!!

Every game they wanted to release that was bogged down in development limbo eventually came out Especially FF7R...:wow:

:mjcry: Sony Won....

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I will just comment on the Switch since I started this gen getting an XB1, but fall out of gaming due to work and school and quite frankly only got back into gaming due to the Switch.

Overall I would give the Switch a 4/5. It might be the best Nintendo home console since the SNES. The first party content is the best since the N64. While I do believe Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are better than Mario Odyssey and BOTW. But there is more first-party content available between Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing as such. Plus you still have family-friendly titles like Pokemon, Yoshi, and Kirby.

One issue the console has that it is underpowered and lack of third party support. This is where Sony gets a big advantage and why the Switch is seen as a secondary console to the other two. One remedy here is that JRPG's are heavily represented. Including the first party ones I listed above you got SMT III + V, Octopath, Bravely Default II, DQ XI, YS VIII + IX. Now when you go outside of JRPG's this is where the third party support falls down. I'd say it is similar to the N64 in this regard, but it is on the upward trend.

So overall the Switch is super fun and if you love JRPG's it gives you a great reason to own one. But the flaws of being underpowered, third party support and the online service can't be overlooked.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played piff on all of the Big3 I gotta give this gen a 9/10

I’ve had my PS4 since launch and even learned to take it apart and fix it after it bricked itself. I played a TON of Destiny 1 with friends from back home after moving cross country and that was awesome. I also taught my lil one how to play games with LittleBigPlanet2. More recently, Persona 5 Royal became one of my favorite games of all time and Spider-Man was a dope call back for me as well since I used to play all the Spider-Man games as a kid on N64 & PS2. Still gotta finish HZD, GoW, and play TLOU to close it out proper.

For Xbox, Console mods on Fallout/Skyrim was HUGE for me and the reason I got one in the first place. My gf and I had to have put in 1000+ hours on those games each:wow:. I absolutely love GamePass and had a blast playing Forza Horizon 3 & 4, OuterWorlds (free one day 1), and a bunch of other multi-plats. Looking to beat Gears 5 campaign before Series X comes out as my Xbox victory lap:whew:

And the switch man:wow:. I only got one so I can play Smash and Fire Emblem but it might actually end up being my personal favorite this gen. I’ve got all the best exclusives and ports and being able to play them anywhere is amazing :banderas:

I’ll even give Stadia a 6.5/10 for showing me the potential of cloud gaming with an amazing RDR2 playthrough, but having a shyt library:huhldup:. I really do hope Google seriously invests in the service because it is a game-changer when you actually play for yourself and the potential is insane. Idk about anyone else’s internet setup but in my house that shyt was next-gen console quality with NO hiccups in over 100+ hours of playtime. You can’t tell me that shyt isn’t the future because I’ve seen it:hubie:

I don’t knock anybody’s choice to own a specific one because all the consoles have their merits, but I believe that eventually acquiring and playing the best of everything is the GOAT gaming experience:ohlawd:

Nintendo is Wii U breh

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Nintendo is Wii U breh

While I do agree with that the OP did mention comparing the Switch with the PS4 and XB1.

Also to note the Switch feels like a mix of current and next gen. Hardware wise it’s feels very current gen but since it came out just 3 years ago it makes it feel next gen in that regard and it’s appeal as a hybrid.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While I do agree with that the OP did mention comparing the Switch with the PS4 and XB1.

Also to note the Switch feels like a mix of current and next gen. Hardware wise it’s feels very current gen but since it came out just 3 years ago it makes it feel next gen in that regard and it’s appeal as a hybrid.

This is true, but the premise of the OP is also off by that same metric imo. The reason Nintendo hopped on next gen early, and as a result has even further behind tech, was because of just how bad the "current" gen was for them. If you're putting Nintendo in this gen imo you gotta reflect Wii U. Not like Switch is/was on multiplats heavy

I gave the gen a 3, but if I put the Switch in it I'd knock it up to 4

Edit: also the gen can't be over if the Switch is part of it :russ:

Last edited: