Now that the generation is officially done, what grade will you rate it.

What’s your grade. Out of 5

Votes: 11 25.0%

Votes: 21 47.7%

Votes: 10 22.7%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Out of 5 overall.

Sony
Sony were brilliant this gen. Phenomenal games with some incredible graphics means the PS4 is already one of the Goat consoles. The only negative is PSNow. It’s a good service but I hope they improve it next gen by adding more games, especially Ps1-Ps3 games. They get a 4.5/5 from me

Nintendo
Switch is already alongside PS4 one of the Goat consoles. I’m a huge fan of JRPGs so this console is great for me. It gets a 4.5 from me

Microsoft
:laff::laff::laff::laff:

Just kidding. But they were pretty poor this gen games wise. They’ve improved by buying a lot of studios so they’ll come back next gen stronger. Game pass is a phenomenal service I’ll give them that. They get a 3/5 from me

Overall, I’ll give this generation a 4/5.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This generation was completely lackluster until 2017

That's when it caught it's stride and that goes for every company.

But it went into overdrive once 2017 hit. 4 years of Mid and 3 of piff.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I give the PS4 a 4 out of 5 .
Loses one point because the launch window
Was kind of weak.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
The PS4 is right beneath the PS2 in terms of piff IMO. Multiple GOTY and GOTG contenders.
GOW reboot >>>>> all the previous gen GOWs for ex.
Slaughtered the competiton.
4/5 just to be objective. Take a point away for no real GTA or Elder Scrolls successors.
No comment on the other consoles :hubie:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Microsoft dropped the ball from day one , its like they stopped trying after cuphead came out :facepalm:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Game graphics seemed to take a leap in 2017.
the last 3 years 5 out of 5. for PS4 Overall 4/5
The PS4 is right beneath the PS2 in terms of piff IMO. Multiple GOTY and GOTG contenders.
GOW reboot >>>>> all the previous gen GOWs for ex.
Slaughtered the competiton.
4/5 just to be objective. Take a point away for no real GTA or Elder Scrolls successors.
No comment on the other consoles :hubie:
I preferred red dead to GTA anyways, the characters were a little too sterotypical in those game for me.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Depends on what you rate other gens.

If the PS2/GC/XBOX era had a rating I'd say it's a 5.

So in comparison to that era I'd give this era a 3 and give last gen a 4.

What knocks down this gen a few pegs was that it's the early access era. Game devs give us incomplete games to make money and then give us the rest of the game later, like Street Fighter V and Rainbox Six Siege. Plus microsactions out the ass

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS4 would be a 4/5. Point taken if I had to be honest, I didn't like how they gutted their MP offerings so early. To this day you can still boot up and play classic MP games on Xbox such as Halo(MCC) or even the original games meanwhile Uncharted 2/3 and TLOU(for the PS3) was taken offline already. To add insult to injury, the Uncharted collection comes out for PS4 and doesn't include the MP.:snoop:
Game wise they really hit it out the park though. SEVERAL GOTY/G titles.

Nintendo, ehh a 3/5 for me. The Switch is cool and all but it's really being carried by their exclusives and honestly I felt like Zelda wasn't that great. Smash Bros Online was bare bones which didn't do it for me.

Xbox... :laff:

I honestly say this but there's not a single 1st party Xbox game I can say was worthy of being a GOTY or GOTG contender. Gears 5's Sp was okay and the MP is ight but that's it. It's the equivalent of the papi store sandwich. When you hungry it can hit the spot but it ain't nothing new. Halo 5's SP was booty and Forza Horizon is great but that's it.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
5 across the board. i was more selective / less active this gen but i had a good time, im still having a good time with all the content

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I'm commenting on the whole gen, I gotta give it a 3. Don't forget the Switch is next gen @J.V Koba :mjpls:

Nintendo straight up failed, and Xbox struggled to find their stride.

I'll give PS4 a 4