Now I see why C-Murder never moved out of the Caliope Projects

Daps
Reppin
VOID
living in close proximity to that many dysfunctional people isn't fun when you're self aware.

this.

This environment is poison for black people.

Live on government assistance, go to piss poor schools, live in the projects...go to jail.

Eventually the only thing to be proud of titles that don't matter (word to all of them no fly zone ass nikkas) and how many people die there.

It's all a set up to go to jail. That's why we sadly have too any black folk out here that view the hood as a badge of honor. They don't know anything else cause they were never exposed to it and will never leave that mindstate.

Most people don't wanna live in the hood...that's why most are trying to get out. If the hood's so good...why aren't people moving there in droves? Black people move in the hood and that's just life...white people move in the hood and it's called gentrification.

People think it's cool cause of rap...but really? If I had to choose between growing up in the PJs or growing up in that suburban ass neighborhood I grew up in I'd choose the latter 9 times out of 10.

Why is it called a project? Cause we're the project...that's why those places are allowed to have substandard conditions cause the tennants are constantly being studied.

It makes me wish that there were more predominantly black areas in America that weren't all in the hood and how much unity and further solidarity it would bring to black people in America.

Cause right now, choosing between a predominantly white suburban area that's 0.09% black and no one wants to interact with you and a predominantly black area where you're likely to get shot, stabbed, killed, and robbed ain't the business.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
One time I went to New Orleans and my podnah for Magnolia took me riding through the projects :smh::sadcam:

Them shyts were so close in proximety, I see why the murder rate is so high.

Nigggas you were beefing with literally was a sprint away in the next set of projects. The stories he told me of nigggas lettin choppas lose nshyt :sadcam:

His last story ended with, "and after that, I had to get tha fukk"

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Most of the projects was shut down during those vids. You see the crackheads aren't present. Pre Katrina projects were totally different. That's a block party project reunion type joint.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
That female New Orleans accent :ohlawd:

:noah:

But don't get it twisted tho and think that majority of black females from the NO have that deep of an accent. I met one recently and hers was barely discernible. I was like, :dwillhuh:... You from the NO?! You don't sound like it.
She hit me with the:stopitslime: ... I proceeded to apologize for my stereotyping and ignorance.

She pretty much said the deep accent that many of the rappers and their associates have isn't the norm. She added that she often has trouble understanding their pronunciation... :wow:

I get the sense that it's that in NOLA it's the lower socio-economic class that has the deep accent. As it usually goes in any other city...

And of course the older folks often retain a deeper accent...

...oh and the SWV "It's Really All About You" bounce remix tho... :banderas:

Low key, DJ was kinda doing his thing.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Percy went to college in Houston.... it wasn't exactly like he went to Dartmouth or Yale or anything like that....and was up in Richmond CA for awhile.

man I know exactly how he felt...When I joined the military I had a culture shock like a mafukka....I hadn't been outside of my little city except to go to Cleveland and even than that Hood may have been just as bad as the Hood i stayed in during the school year...And yes it was broads all over problem is these chicks would be having babies from 13- and up....

I am glad i left and recommend anyone else to leave but to also encourage others to do better....Its whole entire generations from Great grandmothers and down in Millvale and Winton Terrace where I was born to die....Than Bond Hill wasn't much better.

And yeah I sound like a country ass dude but due to our location we got some weird accents some sound country, some east coast, some west, some got the chi town logo, old heads on that pimp talk...Smdh.

semtex

:)
Daps
Why do people keep releasing hood DVDs like that of random nikkas acting stupid? :why: that Baton Rouge one is just awful

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I can imagine it has to be a cool bond with all the people in the projects tho. Most of them lived there since they were born and all went to the same schools and shyt. I watched a lot of these Caliope livin episodes last night and that shyt do seem like it's fun because they all know each other. With the rent being so cheap nikkas stay there for generations.
Your post sounds exactly like what I'd expect to hear from a wigger raised in the suburbs.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
:noah:

But don't get it twisted tho and think that majority of black females from the NO have that deep of an accent. I met one recently and hers was barely discernible. I was like, :dwillhuh:... You from the NO?! You don't sound like it.
She hit me with the:stopitslime: ... I proceeded to apologize for my stereotyping and ignorance.

She pretty much said the deep accent that many of the rappers and their associates have isn't the norm. She added that she often has trouble understanding their pronunciation... :wow:

I get the sense that it's that in NOLA it's the lower socio-economic class that has the deep accent. As it usually goes in any other city...

And of course the older folks often retain a deeper accent...

...oh and the SWV "It's Really All About You" bounce remix tho... :banderas:

Low key, DJ was kinda doing his thing.
nikkas from there wouldnt consider her from there

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Going from New Orleans, to Houston...isn't exactly THAT profound of a difference breh.

You're making it seem like Percy went to an Ivy League school or something.... or like he didn't have Pimp C grown man napped for running his mouth.

You don't seem to get it. Master P probably never had a White classmate until he got to college where the majority of his classmates were White as opposed to C-Murder who probably never experienced living around any other race except Blacks in poverty.