Noticing a lot of teens in the gym ..I’m talking 12 13 year olds trying to lift

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Doesn't someone that young need to be with an adult at the gym? I've seen groups of what are likely high schoolers but anybody 12 usually has their parents right behind them.

Also this board told me repping 225 wasn't special because you saw your high school sophomore linebacker buddy doing it...so why are young boys in the gym a source of jokes?

Daps
Reppin
California
All these young boys are taking creatine, without understanding the full consequences. There will be a significant number of young adults in 10 years with kidney and electrolyte disorders as well as the body dysmorphia somebody stated earlier.

You talking like creatine is a steroid or something

Everyone should be taking it

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Doesn't someone that young need to be with an adult at the gym? I've seen groups of what are likely high schoolers but anybody 12 usually has their parents right behind them.

Also this board told me repping 225 wasn't special because you saw your high school sophomore linebacker buddy doing it...so why are young boys in the gym a source of jokes?
@Son Goku @Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
They should be doing calisthenics but then again, our coach had us lifting during freshman/jv football. I was able to bench 315 1-2 times when I was a freshman/sophomore. But im a bigger guy who weighed over 200 as a teen. Instead of taking PE with the other students, the football players had a “gym” training class where we lifted every day.

KGlock

All Star
Daps
It's definitely annoying but this country projected to be 60% obese in like 20 years so if it's new booming gym culture then good. Better this than the full on pill popping lean culture flooding our youth. :yeshrug:

Also I be going late night so I only see less than a dozen people, most of the machines, weight room to myself with 0 weirdos, kids and attention seeking thots around. :umad:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Most the young crowd at the gym I go to look like your typical high schoolers....They are in the way and kind of annoying but honestly its not a big deal at least there being active or building up to be...I mostly just go early or late to avoid the rush hour crowd though....

Its wild cause right up the street they just built a brand new fancy rec center and a whole refurbished park with nice courts/fields barely being used...I guess the aesthetic of the commercial gym's have been sold to them through sm they just convince there parents to sign off so they could go...and unless you go to a high end or private gym, its really not a whole lot of regulating at these chain joints...

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: One minute it’s :flabbynsick:“Young bruhs don’t do shyt.” “But stay in the house, play video games, and watch Kai Cenat.” And the next minute it’s :flabbynsick:“Why are so many young bruhs hitting the gym, I blame red pill influencers.” :mjlol:As long as them bruhs stay safe, and don’t cause any trouble let them live.

Last edited: