Noticing a lot of teens in the gym ..I’m talking 12 13 year olds trying to lift

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
The earlier the better. Love to see it
Not the way they doing it. At that age you need to be on a strict program with guidance from adults. These fools be needing spots on smith machines and be trying to curl weights so heavy that their elbows flare all the way out
:heh:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Not the way they doing it. At that age you need to be on a strict program with guidance from adults. These fools be needing spots on smith machines and be trying to curl weights so heavy that their elbows flare all the way out
:heh:
Rather make those mistakes at 14 than 38

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
All these young boys are taking creatine, without understanding the full consequences. There will be a significant number of young adults in 10 years with kidney and electrolyte disorders as well as the body dysmorphia somebody stated earlier.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Tik tok got a lot of them into it. They either want to be future gym influencers are want to make memes. But whatever gets them in there lifting weight around works for me :manny:

The other major thing imo is that the digital age and social media mixed with pandemic eliminated the ability for teens to naturally find “Third Places” (places to hang outside of school or work or home). You gotta think malls are closed too. The gym is one of the only feasible please to socialize really

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
I don't think this is too crazy. I wanted to work out in the gym, but my parents would only let me do cardio equipment until high school. Every time I mentioned weights my dad would say i had to do some random number of push-ups before I could...and the number would magically increase the more I could do...but the fact that they desire to be in the gym isn't new.

I'm no doctor and won't pretend to be...but if people under 16 are in the gym, they should be supervised. At the very least they can mess themselves up with bad form. It'd be difficult for some districts, but ideally there would be some program at their schools where a coach can help them develop correctly.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I've also heard you shouldn't start too young
but fukk it
These lil nikkas need some discipline
Show them the ropes as an OG