Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
How are you arguing against what I say while also reaffirming exactly what I said lol. My point with Houston is that the player worth building around hasn't emerged. Even though he was injured early Philly identified pretty early Embiid was going to be the cornerstone. Same with Denver with Jokic to the point that they traded Nurkic to clear the way for him to take over who was a solid prospect as well. That player hasn't emerged yet for Houston which leaves them in that weird position they are in now where they want to upgrade with veterans but doing so would be at the expense of one of their young players since they have no clear cut direction of who to build around yet.

I also said Sengun, Green, and likely Amen are the superior talents. Those are the guys

I disagree any of those guys on the Rockets are close the Jokic and Embiid level
Those are top 5 level players
I don't see that in any of the Rockets young guys

That’s an unfair threshold. How bout the kings, how bout the Cavs, had to declutter garland, sexton, lauri, Mobley, Allen….how about the hawks, had Trae, reddish, Hunter, Collins, bogdanovich, Huerter….even tho they still got a ways to go they have decluttered and are more balanced now.

And the best argument is everyone’s favorite young core OKC. We talk about SGA-Giddey-Jalen-Chet, and we completely forget that they have FOUR recent first round picks who are already afterthoughts: Poku, Mann, Deng, and already traded Bazley

Houston will be fine.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Exactly how I see it going down. I could see him getting 4/110 or 120.
Bucks might want to keep it at 3 years since he really didn't look the same after returning from injury but it's not like they have a lot of options to replace him so he's gonna be back.

Lopez is the guy I think leaves. He's already won his title and is looking to get his last big check. He'll have options and the Bucks might look to avoid that second apron and let him go

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't know why Charlotte would rush to give him the max right now. Wait til next year when his restricted free agency hits.

Charlotte was 13-23 when LaMelo played last season.
he should've sat the whole year lol.

also in that 13-23 instance, the fact that he played with more different lineups than some teams did all year long is lost too. its really easy to say charlotte was bad last season. a closer look will tell that the whole team was plagued by injuries and that cliff squeezed more talent out of journeyman and guys waiting on a passport than anyone could've expected.

charlotte should've finished bottom 3. that top 2 pick we got was just the basketball gods bailing us out despite overachieving

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Bucks might want to keep it at 3 years since he really didn't look the same after returning from injury but it's not like they have a lot of options to replace him so he's gonna be back.

Lopez is the guy I think leaves. He's already won his title and is looking to get his last big check. He'll have options and the Bucks might look to avoid that second apron and let him go
Not bringing back Lopez is a risky move though Giannis will be heated and he is eligible to sign an extension in September

Bucks really really fukked up not squeezing out another title outta this team this 1st rd loss to the Heat was just devastating

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Not bringing back Lopez is a risky move though Giannis will be heated and he is eligible to sign an extension in September

Bucks really really fukked up not squeezing out another title outta this teamthat 1st rd loss to the Heat was just devastating
They might just run everything back rationalizing it as if Giannis doesn't get hurt they probably make it to the Finals but that's a huge commitment. Lopez is 35 and I don't see him taking a discount.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This dude Dame is the person we all work with who is always talking about getting another job. But never leaves.
Run from the grind brehs but before I go I gotta work this OT, 6 months later still at the same job, what happen? The grind ran from me breh :francis:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
he should've sat the whole year lol.

also in that 13-23 instance, the fact that he played with more different lineups than some teams did all year long is lost too. its really easy to say charlotte was bad last season. a closer look will tell that the whole team was plagued by injuries and that cliff squeezed more talent out of journeyman and guys waiting on a passport than anyone could've expected.

charlotte should've finished bottom 3. that top 2 pick we got was just the basketball gods bailing us out despite overachieving
I know that's your guy and you watch him a lot more than me. I'm not convinced he's a winning player. I'd wait to see how the team looks this year. They SHOULD have enough talent, barring another wave of injuries, to at least be in the play-in mix. :hubie: