Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I just want to post this to see how it ages through the season

Edit: this motherfukker Musk broke Twitter :snoop:

How will it not age well?

The only way it won't age well is if Reaves isn't worth his contract. He gets paid 14M a season, do you know how badly he would have to fall off to not be worth that? He's right. Lakers were going to match anyways, either you get Reaves who's been USA's 2nd best/3rd best player at 25M a season or you have the Lakers match at a higher price.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
How will it not age well?

The only way it won't age well is if Reaves isn't worth his contract. He gets paid 14M a season, do you know how badly he would have to fall off to not be worth that? He's right. Lakers were going to match anyways, either you get Reaves who's been USA's 2nd best/3rd best player at 25M a season or you have the Lakers match at a higher price.
but he thinks Reaves was worth $98 mil.

Even if Reaves turns into Duncan Robinson, at his price it's not awful. Reaves sucking at $98 mil becomes one of the worst deals in the league. San Antonio is playing the long game.

The only true argument for going after Reaves is that good PG's in the short term will be hard to find.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Even if Reaves turns into Duncan Robinson, at his price it's not awful. Reaves sucking at $98 mil becomes one of the worst deals in the league. San Antonio is playing the long game.

The only true argument for going after Reaves is that good PG's in the short term will be hard to find.

I mean, he is worth 98M to me. Josh Hart making 20M and that's considered a great price and he's damn near an offensive liability. I didn't even need to see Reaves in the playoffs to know he was legit, I saw what he did when Bron was out those 20 something games and he put the team on his back. shyt, getting Reaves would help Wemby a lot.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I mean, he is worth 98M to me. Josh Hart making 20M and that's considered a great price and he's damn near an offensive liability. I didn't even need to see Reaves in the playoffs to know he was legit, I saw what he did when Bron was out those 20 something games and he put the team on his back. shyt, getting Reaves would help Wemby a lot.
I think it could either way, which is why I want to post this to keep track of, to see who Reaves is as a player by the end of the season.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Has no shot of happening Reaves is legit he can flat out hoop.

He kind of reminds me of Jeremy Lin except he can really shoot it and plays more under control and can play some defense. Real good handle, acrobatic, and can finish through contact.

Reaves won’t suck it’s easy off the eye test to see dude can really play and is untapped. He really be cooking dudes have ‘em on skates, wild up and under lays among the trees, jumpshot water all that. Tough, super efficient, doesn’t turn the ball over, doesn’t foul, draws fouls, makes good decisions in the P&R, catches and shoots well, plays well in transition.

It’s a reason a guy like him made Team USA. He’s no Duncan Robinson who was just tall, could shoot, and could attack a close out here and there.

Last edited: