Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
They’re gonna be the losers of the offseason on probably every list.

Sure they got better just by adding players, but the way they threw that money around was absolutely reckless.
I don’t disagree that the asset management was poor but I wouldn’t be surprised if you see a big difference in opinions between fans and writers/ analysts on this. They definitely had a vision in mind and stuck to it.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
:manny: I’m a Nets and Knicks fan but the way BK handled KD and Kyrie I was disappointed. I do like Memphis though. Pacers look good this year too.
Me and you on the same boat. I use to abhor this team during the Isiah Thomas era and this is a repeat. I was a Suns fan back then, trying to find my new team now.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Defense is significantly improved. Added an all nba defense wing as well as one of the best POA defenders in the league. 50% of their shooting problems was horrific PG play , youth, and poor coaching. Between FVV, Ime, and Amen they addressed 2 of the biggest problems. Nix not getting minutes is almost 5+ wins alone. FVV is a great 3 point shooter. 3 point shooting will probably still be below league average but go look at the bench rotation they played last year and tell me with a straight face that team didn’t improve. Hate some of the contracts. They got bent over backwards. Wish they could’ve gotten Lopez. But there’s no way they didn’t get better.
You know what
It's not a stretch to say they got better given they won 22 games this year
But they look like maybe a 35 win team in the West now. Is that even a good thing? That's NBA purgatory which is a bad place to be
They need Amen Thompson to be a star if he is then they'll be set

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You know what
It's not a stretch to say they got better given they won 22 games this year
But they look like maybe a 35 win team in the West now. Is that even a good thing? That's NBA purgatory which is a bad place to be
They need Amen Thompson to be a star if he is then they'll be set
They just want to be respectable.

They don’t have a playoff expectation.

Brooks and FVV were brought in for toughness, leadership, and a semblance of organized basketball. They bring some skills to the table they severely lacked as well as a certain character. They are stop gaps until their young guys are ready this is why the Rockets overpaid.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They just want to be respectable.

They don’t have a playoff expectation.

Brooks and FVV were brought in fro toughness, leadership, and a semblance of organized basketball. They bring some skills to the table they severely lacked as well as a certain character. They are stop gaps until their young guys are ready.
The thing is I don't believe in their young guys
At all
So that's why I'm not a fan of those moves
But idk about Amen. If he's legit this is fine

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The thing is I don't believe in their young guys
At all
So that's why I'm not a fan of those moves
But idk about Amen. If he's legit this is fine
I like Green, Sengun, Eason.

Jabari is cool too but he seemed to miss every catch-and-shoot I saw him take. I could see him being like Kuzma.

Green is going to be at least Zach LaVine good.

I don’t know much about Amen but he is a tall PG and seems like an absolute hoops junkie.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Low key dame and Jimmy gettin exposed. Nggas don’t believe in em like that to give up Bam :skip:

Dame a superstar, Jimmy a superstar now, right? Should be enough.

Dame-Herro-Jimmy-Nurkic plus ‘Heat culture’ should be enough. Miami not convinced. Toronto made a similar gamble and got a chip. Not everybody built the same

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Low key dame and Jimmy gettin exposed. Nggas don’t believe in em like that to give up Bam :skip:

Dame a superstar, Jimmy a superstar now, right? Should be enough.

Dame-Herro-Jimmy-Nurkic plus ‘Heat culture’ should be enough. Miami not convinced. Toronto made a similar gamble and got a chip. Not everybody built the same
Dumb ass take

Without Bam their defense falls apart when’s the last time Nurkic was even healthy

It’s a team game Bam is vital