Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Beal got moved so I'm not sure what your point is. If Beal can get moved then a lot of people can get moved.
The arch type player that got a max.

Bane is the new Otto Porter, a roleplayer given a max
Tyrese is the new John Wall, a highly talented but injury prone PG given a max
Brown is the New Beal, the #2 star on their team given a max

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The arch type player that got a max.

Bane is the new Otto Porter, a roleplayer given a max
Tyrese is the new John Wall, a highly talented but injury prone PG given a max
Brown is the New Beal, the #2 star on their team given a max

A #2 who made 2nd Team All-NBA and is a multiple time All-Star and has been to several ECFs/Final is going to command a supermax. That's a no brainer.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This is an unpopular opinion, but I want both Jayson and Jaylen to take pay cuts to have a more well rounded roster and cap flexibility :manny:

Porzingis
Brogdon
White
Timelord
Horford
Pritchard
Grant Williams

And you want them to take paycuts for a more ‘well rounded’ roster :why:

It’s a shame these teams have conditioned fans to think players should take ‘discounts’. Players should NEVER take discounts. You take every last penny available let the team figure it out

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just wait until the TV deal kicks in. The first rookie max extension goes to Tyrese Haliburton. Antman should be in the next day or two

this new money something else

wind-blowing.gif

lib123

All Star
Daps
Why don't y'all want players to be overpaid? I can never quite tell if y'all be joking or not
Some ppl are hating, but if you listen to some recent interviews with vets like D Rose and Dame, a lot of these young dudes don't really love the game. They get the bag early and don't have the same motivation. While there have always been players who don't really love the game, the league could be in trouble after the OGs like Bron, Steph and KD retire and the product becomes soggy ie playoff games becoming like the All Star Game.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Some ppl are hating, but if you listen to some recent interviews with vets like D Rose and Dame, a lot of these young dudes don't really love the game. They get the bag early and don't have the same motivation. While there have always been players who don't really love the game, the league could be in trouble after the OGs like Bron, Steph and KD retire and the product becomes soggy ie playoff games becoming like the All Star Game.

I guess from the human perspective sports is the only place in life where I see black men get a whole bunch of money guaranteed to the point where they can be overpaid. And lots of people on the board have or will have kids, they should want the next generation to make more and more money.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This is going to drastically effect how players approach the game. Especially young players. You out your rabid ass mind if you think I’m gon ‘sacrifice’. It’s basically a rat race to the bag now. Bc it’s such a fine line between different players gettin modest deals vs max or near max deals

Kuzma 100m, Christian wood looking at mid level

FVV 130, Dennis Schroeder 25

It’s one thing for guys that’s unique like a jaylen brown or Haliburton. They were always gonna get paid. But some of these dudes if they chose a different team or if a player here or there doesn’t get injured, their salary is drastically different. And dudes ain’t being penalized for chucking FVV, Kuzma, Gary Trent weren’t even efficient last year

Last edited: