Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Anyway at least with the Pacers I can *kinda* comprehend the move because nobody wants to go to Indiana. They've at least made it clear that he's their guy and they've made some moves to put players around him. They ain't a title contender but they should be in the playoffs if everyone is healthy.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Why don't y'all want players to be overpaid? I can never quite tell if y'all be joking or not
I don't think anybody has expressed anger at the players for getting their money. Just more laughing at the front offices because we know how this ends up playing out. In a year two they'll be trying to come off of these "bad contracts" when everybody knew from jump it was dumb to sign some of these players to these deals in the first place.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Just wait until the TV deal kicks in. The first rookie max extension goes to Tyrese Haliburton. Antman should be in the next day or two

How old is this dude? Breh gonna get another contract in his 20s? He might get a billi in nba contracts and I never seen breh in playoffs?! :heh:

How is this NBA money soo crazy?? Salute to these tall coordinated brehs, they EATINGGGGGG :whew:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why don't y'all want players to be overpaid? I can never quite tell if y'all be joking or not

Some people are just on some pure hate shyt but there are a couple things that are pretty crazy.

1. Nobody actually pays to see a guy like Desmond Bane. So when he's making $200M is doesn't really make a lot of sense because he's not the one on the team that is actually responsible for putting people in seats. But it's whatever, that's how sports go.

2. This is more important. It's never smart to pay a 3rd option like a star if he's not actually a star. I like Bane as a player but we've seen this before with the Tobias Harris of the world.