Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
From that perspective you right :ehh:

I mean this is real talk the best ball tshis core ever played was in the playoffs last year down 3-0 when FVV went down with an injury.Thats not sour grapes its thr truth it really unlocked both OG and Scottie....then boom FVV came back Game 6 and it was back to this slow no movement slow pace offensive struggle.

I wanna see Barnes at point forward this year :yeshrug:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I mean this is real talk the best ball tshis core ever played was in the playoffs last year down 3-0 when FVV went down with an injury.Thats not sour grapes its thr truth it really unlocked both OG and Scottie....then boom FVV came back Game 6 and it was back to this slow no movement slow pace offensive struggle.

I wanna see Barnes at point forward this year :yeshrug:

i like the schoeder signing, a guy who doesn't mind coming off the bench, plays ok defense, can give you 12-15 a night only two year deal for 12 mill per.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
After next TV deal, cap gonna be $200m plus. And they gotta spend 90% of that. With two apron spreads. Lol.

They money gonna be money'n
I thought they added in some sort of artificial cap smoothing to the new cap where the max it can jump is 10% from year to year. I agree with the other poster. I'd rather sign guys to huge 2 year contracts with a one year team option and maintain flexibility and use that cap room to acquire assets. No way I'd commit three full years on that big of a contract to FVV.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Also I would be hitting up teams like OKC and Houston to see if they plan to come up off any of their young players to clear up some of the logjams.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The teams hitting the salary floor are hitting it this summer and they’re giving players multi year contracts.
You realize they have other players on their rosters who’s contracts will expire and continue to creat cap space …again do you not understand that contracts aren’t lifetime appointments?
There won’t be nearly as many (if any) teams way below the salary floor next year like they are this year.
cite your sources
Add to that the fact that teams approaching or above the 2nd apron next year won’t be able to sign role players to big deals and they’ll be trading away players to teams with space (with picks attached) to get below 2nd aprons and stars (eg Jayson Tatum) will be eligible for larger raises under the new CBA, there won’t be as much money for role players.
This is just word salad, 2nd apron teams couldn’t use anything but the taxpayer MLE ($6million) and vet min contracts to fill their rosters out prior to the new CBA anyways so what are you even saying?

As far as the other non second apron teams ..again contracts aren’t lifetime appointments, as other contracts expire new cap space becomes available ..as an example the clippers only have 1 contract for 20million on their books to start the 2025 season …there’s a constant cycling of money in the NBA ..the fact that the salary floor was raised will benefit way more players than the institution of a second apron …do you even know how many teams paid the lux tax last year?

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Gabe and 11 million >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paying Bruce Brown 45 million dollars over 2 years
Cap. Each team is gonna feel it equally. Gabe used up their MLE, Bruce used up their cap space

So it just comes down to who’s the better player and Bruce is by far. Bc of his versatility