Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
4 year pro. Guaranteed himself a pension.

Major 🔑
And they was in here doubting CJ :wow:

Julian showed up to a team trying to lose every fukking game they could, chucked some shots, and then got damn near a million dollars per games played.

And if he don't play one more second for the San Antonio Spurs...nobody will even care or bat an eye.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
They shoulda just paid Harden to come back then. There's no question Harden, even in a decline, is a MUCH better player than VanVleet and he proved this past season he was fine taking a backseat and facilitating more.

Harden does EVERYTHING much better than VanVleet except defend and it isn't like FVV is The Glove out there. I'm truly astonished at this contract.
I agree .

If Harden would’ve taken the money the Rockets are stupid not to give it to him.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The second apron don't kick in until next year.

Anyway, CBA or not that contract for Fred is something lol
The minimum 90% of salary cap rule kicks in this year which was something negotiated into this CBA …that’s not changing next year regardless of the second apron. You’re going to need more mid range contracts to get to that minimum threshold.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
38% in the playoffs made 51 total 3s during that run VS 40 total 3s between Dennis and DLO combined … might want to turn that Nuggets series back on and watch those bricks :unimpressed:
Now post his numbers when he played a West team :unimpressed:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
They shoulda just paid Harden to come back then. There's no question Harden, even in a decline, is a MUCH better player than VanVleet and he proved this past season he was fine taking a backseat and facilitating more.

Harden does EVERYTHING much better than VanVleet except defend and it isn't like FVV is The Glove out there. I'm truly astonished at this contract.

I was thinking the same thing…. I’d rather them have paid harden than give this to FVV for a ton of different reasons

lib123

All Star
Daps
Based on what? What actual reading and comprehension of the CBA and it’s mechanics have proven this or even insinuate this to be true? Teams that have to hit the salary floor will continue to have to hit that floor every year which means more people getting paid as contracts expire …do you think contracts have no end date? :mjlol:

The teams that are below the salary floor are hitting it this summer so they won’t get penalized and they’re giving players multi year contracts. There won’t be nearly as many (if any) teams way below the salary floor next year like there are this year. Add to that the fact that teams approaching or above the 2nd apron next year won’t be able to sign role players to big deals next year and they’ll be trading away players to teams with space (with picks attached, absorbing more cap space from low payroll teams) to get below 2nd aprons and stars (eg Jayson Tatum) will be eligible for larger raises under the new CBA, there won’t be as much money for role players going forward.

If Celtics give Jaylen the Supermax extension this summer and Tatum gets Supermax extension next summer, they’ll only have about 70 million to spend on the rest of the team to stay below 2nd apron. To make space, they could trade high earners like Brogdon to teams with cap space with picks attached. Either way, there will be less money for role players.