Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just as I thought. Those Phoenix and Houston rumors were cap. Kyrie probably didn't have a single visit lined up and was forced to take a 3 year offer. The max the Mavs could offer is a five-year contract worth $272 million or a four-year contract valued at $210 million. Now maybe a 3 year deal is what Kyrie wanted but I doubt it.

He got a 4th yr option

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I think Bruce Brown might have taken an unknowing L on his contract. No one is watching the Pacers to know if he's going to play well so if those numbers aren't good or if he gets injured they pull the rug from under him and he might be one foot out of the league after this first year. Playing 2 contract years in a row as a role player that just found his niche on a new team...odds are against you.

Great point. As a role player you don’t ‘bet on yourself’. He shoulda took the deal with longer years

Goes to my point about people being wildly off base with how good role players are. There’s no guarantee he plays well on a budding team. 9 points off the bench for a title team looks great. 9 points off the bench for a mid team looks meh …also his %s could tank away from joker, he’s not some natural deadeye shooter

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Rockets gonna give FVV 240 Mill

200w.gif

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Back before the trade, Kyrie and his reps reportedly were dissatisfied with the Nets offering 200mil/4yr because the last year only triggered if BK won a title in the first 3, so it was essentially a 150/3yr.

Demands a trade.
Has to settle for 126/3 in Dallas
because he overplayed his hand and tanked his value.

Ecstatic to have him back. But damn, Kyrie. Should have just stayed in Brooklyn with the homie :francis:

Less tax in texas so it all evens out :troll:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Great point. As a role player you don’t ‘bet on yourself’. He shoulda took the deal with longer years

Goes to my point about people being wildly off base with how good role players are. There’s no guarantee he plays well on a budding team. 9 points off the bench for a title team looks great. 9 points off the bench for a mid team looks meh …also his %s could tank away from joker, he’s not some natural deadeye shooter

yup to me role players are like relievers in baseball. One year they can have a era of 2.25 next year its 5.6 and they out of baseball and in the minors again.
I'd never give long term to or big money to guys on the bench but thats just me

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
I think Bruce Brown might have taken an unknowing L on his contract. No one is watching the Pacers to know if he's going to play well so if those numbers aren't good or if he gets injured they pull the rug from under him and he might be one foot out of the league after this first year. Playing 2 contract years in a row as a role player that just found his niche on a new team...odds are against you.

Not an L at all considering that other teams were offering the same amount for 4 years that he's now going to get in 2.

We're acting like a contender wouldn't happily take on that contract. Marcus Smart is on a similar number and just went for two 1st round picks. He won't finish that contract on the Pacers. The contract being short makes it more tradable.