Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
When does Joel Embiid demand a trade
Nobody's gonna talk about it but I guarantee part of why Harden wants out is because of what happened in the Boston series. Harden single-handedly won Philly two games in that series. He had better numbers than Embiid AND shot better during the series. Despite that, he got more blame and shyt than Embiid, the MVP who's in his prime and didn't take them over the finish line.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Turning into the GOAT "we aint got nothing else better to do player". Got a ring in GS...went to the mavs on a max when nobody gave a fukk about them (even less of a fukk than people give about them to start with), now he in sacramento eating good on a string of 16 to 20 million dollar contracts being paid to get them 15 and 6 and just don't embarrass yourself on defense. I know he got one more in him after this.

This contract will put him close to 300 million dollars in total earnings:wow: . He need one more decent payday to make 300 mil.

Harrison fukking Barnes is going to walk out of the nba having earned around 300 million dollars and I bet you 300 people don't even know who he is :wow:.

NBA the fukking goat sport.

Harrison Barnes gonna finish with north of $200 mil career earnings and ain’t ever been more than an average starter. Can’t do nothing but respect it :wow:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Harrison Barnes is a mid-level exception guy at best. Yes, he's always available and solid during the regular season but he doesn't change the trajectory of a team.

Overpaying Dillon Brooks, Bruce Brown or Jerami Grant would have been a better option. Is Brooklyn matching any Cam Johnson offer? They coulda poison pilled-him. Grant Williams would have been a better option to throw a bunch of money at too.

I really don't get what Sacramento is thinking.
Again, I'd rather keep Barnes than overpay Grant or Brooks. Bruce Brown isn't a great fit on the Kings either.

You're stuck waiting with Cam Johnson or Grant Williams. They match and Barnes walks then you have a hole to fill.

Trust me, I get the criticisms. Free agency hasn't even started. Let's wait and see what else they do.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Nobody's gonna talk about it but I guarantee part of why Harden wants out is because of what happened in the Boston series. Harden single-handedly won Philly two games in that series. He had better numbers than Embiid AND shot better during the series. Despite that, he got more blame and shyt than Embiid, the MVP who's in his prime and didn't take them over the finish line.
Harden had 17 to Embiid's 33 in the one of the wins and in the other Embiid put up 34 to go along with Harden's 42 and Embiid had a higher +/- in both games. How did Harden single-handedly win those games? I missed game 1 which Harden did single-handedly lead them to. Outside of those two good games Harden was a bum that series for the most part so ain't no way he could pass blame.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Again, I'd rather keep Barnes than overpay Grant or Brooks. Bruce Brown isn't a great fit on the Kings either.

You're stuck waiting with Cam Johnson or Grant Williams. They match and Barnes walks then you have a hole to fill.

Trust me, I get the criticisms. Free agency hasn't even started. Let's wait and see what else they do.
But who's bidding for Barnes? There aren't gonna be teams knocking down the door to pay him.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Harden had 17 to Embiid's 33 in the one of the wins and in the other Embiid put up 34 to go along with Harden's 42 and Embiid had a higher +/- in both games. How did Harden single-handedly win those games? I missed game 1 which Harden did single-handedly lead them to. Outside of those two good games Harden was a bum that series for the most part so ain't no way he could pass blame.
Embiid was 11-26 in the game 4 that you're mentioning and 1-6 with two points in the fourth. Harden brought them home. Embiid needed to do that in game six. Then, in game seven, he was 5-18. The guy is about to turn 30 and hasn't had a single signature playoff game while Harden had two in that series alone (which probably doubled his career total).

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

read the box score and not watch the games

embiid was also terrible defensively and too out of shape to run down the court or play hard

boston took advantage of Phillys piss poor transition defense

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I'm not arguing that. He's not the only one to disappear. The entire team was terrible from 3 in the playoffs for the most part. Still need players to get through the regular season.
i think the deal is fine HB is a solid vet that the team needs … ultimately this FA class was weak anyways much rather spend 18 on him than 30 on Kuz

additionally iirc the kings still have all of their picks and can use him along with those picks to trade for a real upgrade later

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Harden did win a few leading the charge and that by itself may make him feel that way, but I agree with you that he shouldn't.

There was a post by BR saying that he was rubbed the wrong way about a comment jalen green said about him coming back and if it's true Harden just seems like he's just confused. I think Houston just didn't want him back tho once they saw the youth movement they were starting to put together.

Braman

Superstar
Daps

:pachaha:

Social media/24-7 news cycle has either ruined fans or players, or both. Bc imagine thinking this way. Uproot your whole career bc ‘Dey on the internet blaming me’. Geez

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t seen anyone mention yet….who tf is gonna have 30+ million in cap space next year?!?! The only teams that will, are gonna be young and want nothing to do with this nut ass ngga

:russ: @ it was Harden’s camp putting out them bs Rockets rumors all along

:dead: @ this time next year ‘My sources tell me the wizards will offer harden the max they really want to pair him with Jordan Poole

:deadrose: @ Harden gon be playing on the MLE

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Fz2RhJTaQAA49Fq