Nothing to Avenge Here! It’s Ant Man vs. Joker & The Suicide Squad: Official Timberwolves (#3) vs. Nuggets (#2) West Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This series got that 2011 Lakers feel, Ernie just confirmed it. :francis:
I heard Simmons comparing this to series like that, the '04 Pistons/Lakers Finals and '14 Heat/Spurs Finals. People expected those series to turn around, it never happened and then afterwards everyone was like, the former champ had no chance.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
This is an embarrassing loss. Especially sans Au contraire mon frère.
Minnesota defense held Denver offense to only 80 points. Producing only 80 points is Embarrassing in the modern very high scoring NBA.

No gobert, no problem. Aucun problème sans Gobert.

The Last time the defending champion lost the first two games of a series at home was back in 2011-the 2011 lakers lost to the mavericks in a quick second round sweep. Will the Same scenario repeat 13 years later?

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
They can’t exploit easy mismatches because all five starters are excellent defensively and are great rebounders. They are committed to solid defense and rebounding. They defend the paint well and they score in the paint just as well. They block shots and force turnovers. There’s no weak link on that roster. Nuggets can’t handle the physicality, suffocating defense and relentless hounding of the wolves, Denver will get tired of it as the series goes on. Wolves have a better and deeper bench too. Wolves bench outscoring the nuggets bench tonight 27-10 in points through three full quarters of play.

Finally, Ant is too big for guards and too quick for wings. They can’t handle his size, grit, strength, speed and physicality. Jokic’s effectiveness can be neutralized if you shutdown Murray, Gordon, kcp and porter. But they can’t shutdown Ant.
Kenny just said the same thing we did. Murray, Porter and Gordon can't exploit mismatches

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Or they may simply not be as good as last year, or MIN simply better.

Still way to early of course, but don't forget the 2011 Mavs vs the 2012 Mavs.

I brought that up earlier when I mentioned that MIN could pack them up the same way OKC did Dirk and em that year.

:hubie:

Denver looking 2012’ish Mavs right now. Missing those key contributors from the previous run.

I thought we’d have got their best version tonight but they face planted bad

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I heard Simmons comparing this to series like that, the '04 Pistons/Lakers Finals and '14 Heat/Spurs Finals. People expected those series to turn around, it never happened and then afterwards everyone was like, the former champ had no chance.

I'm getting '90 Lakers/Suns vibes with this series.

Like Phoenix then, Minnesota just looks like
they want it more.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Denver has no shot if Jokic doesn’t go into offensive domination mode. They need him to average 40 cause defensively, he is gonna get abused in the series. Ant could average 40 if he wanted to with the lack of rim protection

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Denver has no shot if Jokic doesn’t go into offensive domination mode. They need him to average 40 cause defensively, he is gonna get abused in the series. Ant could average 40 if he wanted to with the lack of rim protection
His fat ass doesn't have the energy to do that