Note 9: 128GB ($1000)/512GB ($1250) Models, S-Pen Upgrade, Drops Aug 24

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Don't pay a G for this... It'll he at least $200 off in a couple months. Phone looks dope tho, maybe I'll upgrade frkm my S8+.

Why cop unlocked phones tho? Everytime I had an unlocked phone some of the functionality was compromised like video calling or being able to browse while on a call.

If your on a GSM network with sim cards that's what an unlocked phone is for... :ld:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Don't pay a G for this... It'll he at least $200 off in a couple months. Phone looks dope tho, maybe I'll upgrade frkm my S8+.

Why cop unlocked phones tho? Everytime I had an unlocked phone some of the functionality was compromised like video calling or being able to browse while on a call.
There's an app you can download to enable VoLTE and WiFi Calling. If worst comes to worst you can flash the carrier ROM to your phone using Odin and since it's flashing an official Samsung ROM it won't trigger KNOX.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps

There are already deals for 200 off for the phone, no one buying the phone right now is paying the $1000 tag, too many deals, and I am not even talking about the trade ins. I'm with Sprint and it's 200 off at Best Buy, before the trade in and gift

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Sounds dope, but I'll hang onto my Note 8 for another year. They just cost too much for no good reason except they can get away with it. Adulting:francis:

Yeah im leaning towards keeping my note 8 now. Watched several note 8 vs 9 videos last night and the upgrades aren't even convincing enough. Im not trying to spend money on this outright and i dont want to touch my 10gb/$60 plan right now

And i hear Samsung has something special in store next year too so it sounds more logical for me to wait it out :yeshrug:

Might buy some note 8 accesories to keep it looking fresh. I still have the imei sticker on the back of the phone too, that is how much care I've kept this phone in and i bought it day one:mjlol:

Double J

Banned
Daps

No carrier bloatware, easier to resell, the ability to easily switch carriers if need be, and no monthly installment payments :ehh:

Plus I've had no issues with using my unlocked Pixel on T-Mobile. Maybe different carrier/unlocked phone combos do though :manny:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
No carrier bloatware, easier to resell, the ability to easily switch carriers if need be, and no monthly installment payments :ehh:

Plus I've had no issues with using my unlocked Pixel on T-Mobile. Maybe different carrier/unlocked phone combos do though :manny:

Yeah that's a pixel. I bought my wife an unlocked S7 a while back and she can't use the phones native wifi or video calling and sometimes her connection is spotty.

Bloatware sucks but there are ways around that... or just cop a pixel and use project Fi.

Double J

Banned
Daps
Yeah that's a pixel. I bought my wife an unlocked S7 a while back and she can't use the phones native wifi or video calling and sometimes her connection is spotty.

Bloatware sucks but there are ways around that... or just cop a pixel and use project Fi.
She can't use Wi-Fi or video calling? :what: How does Samsung even entertain the idea of selling unlocked phones if they won't work seamlessly on any carrier?

That's why I stay away from Samsung. They got the best hardware in the industry but all THEIR bloat (on top of the carrier bloat if you don't buy unlocked) is ridiculous (and obviously unusable in many cases). What is Samsung's default video calling software? I thought it was Google Duo across all Android devices.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
She can't use Wi-Fi or video calling? :what: How does Samsung even entertain the idea of selling unlocked phones if they won't work seamlessly on any carrier?

That's why I stay away from Samsung. They got the best hardware in the industry but all THEIR bloat (on top of the carrier bloat if you don't buy unlocked) is ridiculous (and obviously unusable in many cases). What is Samsung's default video calling software? I thought it was Google Duo across all Android devices.

Samsung has their version of facetime that works between samsung phones. It's within the dialer, doesn't have an official name but whenever you call a samsung compatible phone the option is available.

I'm not the biggest samsung fan but I doubt I'll ever buy a google phone again. I had the nexus 6p and when all the phones had battery issues google refused to do anything about it. I've got a verizon S8+ for over a year now and it works great, the verizon bloatware doesn't give me any problems.

Double J

Banned
Daps
Samsung has their version of facetime that works between samsung phones. It's within the dialer, doesn't have an official name but whenever you call a samsung compatible phone the option is available.

I'm not the biggest samsung fan but I doubt I'll ever buy a google phone again. I had the nexus 6p and when all the phones had battery issues google refused to do anything about it. I've got a verizon S8+ for over a year now and it works great, the verizon bloatware doesn't give me any problems.
See that's Samsung's problem, they wanna create their own ecosystem independent of Android (think Samsung Pay, Samsung Galaxy Apps, Bixby, their own video calling app, duplicating every Google app that Android comes with by default, etc, etc, etc) which makes for a bloated, laggy, and fragmented experience.

If they want to have their own ecosystem so desperately they should just create their own OS.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Unusable? Got to be a joke..S8, Note 8, and S9 plus are 3 of the best phones of the last 5 years.

Double J

Banned
Daps
Unusable? Got to be a joke..S8, Note 8, and S9 plus are 3 of the best phones of the last 5 years.
Dude clearly just said that WiFi and video calling don't work on his unlocked Galaxy phone.

And hardware wise yes Samsung does make the best phones but the software? :scusthov:

Bixby? :mjlol: TouchWiz? :pachaha: Countless duplicate apps and useless bloat? :camby: Slow and often time no Android updates :snoop:

Last edited: