Not Your Ordinary Beef… Not your Ordinary Tea…Not Your Ordinary Cac…Canelo v Plant Sho PPV Nov 6th

Who wins??

• Canelo easy KO

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Canelo UD

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Plant UD too slick

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Plant by KO

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Sad Flabavidez

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Tell me about goin 12 with a :flabbynsick: Cotto that Sadam Ali knocked around :mjlol:

What was it again Single digits punches landed to the head of Lara :heh:

That Daniel Jacobs performance had us shaking with fear :pachaha:
And at no point in any of those fights did canelo ever look like this

BAFA9282-B5-E0-4-FED-960-E-31625-FB2044-B.gif

:mjlol:.......And I know you're not trying to bring up any canelo performances like we didn't just see Caleb plant put everybody to sleep against Caleb truax's bum ass:pachaha:.....and all 3 of those guys you mentioned are better than anybody on plants resume. shyt, all 3 of those guys are better than Caleb plant himself. And that will be proven when canelo renders him unconscious.

He doesn't have the illusiveness of Lara. He doesn't have the ring IQ of Cotto. And he doesn't have the power of Jacobs. His whole career is a sham. 29 years old and they still talk about him like he's a prospect. This muthafukker might be over the hill already:mjlol:......and if he's not he most definitely will be after canelo is finished with him.

But I'ma let you slide with 90 days with this new avi I'ma have for you. We talked about 6 months but I don't wanna do that to you. I give you props for standing by your guy even though you know deep in your soul he's not built for this task. You even said it yourself. You didn't want this fight right now.

But I can't even front. Low key I actually like plant. He's a cocky muthafukker who believes in himself and he's entertaining to watch. It's hard to hate on that. But he's just in his over his head now. This fight is going to end devastating for him. But before that happens I think he's actually gonna have his moments and give canelo some shyt he hasn't seen in a while. And that's why I'm excited. But when the smoke clears, we both know who's gonna be the last one standing :banderas:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Wonder how this is gonna effect the ppv numbers. I'm sure fox woulda been promoting this shyt heavy during NFL games. That free cable promo is hard to beat. And that Jake Paul Woodley fight flopped hard. Showtime is gonna have to really do their work.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder how this is gonna effect the ppv numbers. I'm sure fox woulda been promoting this shyt heavy during NFL games. That free cable promo is hard to beat. And that Jake Paul Woodley fight flopped hard. Showtime is gonna have to really do their work.
It will be promoted on CBS during NFL games, and if it's true Paul/Woodley did 400-500k buys that ain't a flop at all. Its only a flop if you believe the Triller nonsense that Paul/Askren did 1M buys, which everyone knew was silly.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
It will be promoted on CBS during NFL games, and if it's true Paul/Woodley did 400-500k buys that ain't a flop at all. Its only a flop if you believe the Triller nonsense that Paul/Askren did 1M buys, which everyone knew was silly.
If it wasn't a flop they wouldn't be trying so hard to hide the numbers. You don't hide numbers you're proud of :yeshrug:...and everybody already knew them triller numbers were bullshyt. Even Showtime knew. But they just figured with their promo team they could push Jake into the next level of superstardom.

Showtime didn't drop all that promo on Paul vs Woodley just to get 300-400k buys. They were definitely expecting much better. And that's a flop :hubie:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it wasn't a flop they wouldn't be trying so hard to hide the numbers. You don't hide numbers you're proud of :yeshrug:...and everybody already knew them triller numbers were bullshyt. Even Showtime knew. But they just figured with their promo team they could push Jake into the next level of superstardom.

Showtime didn't drop all that promo on Paul vs Woodley just to get 300-400k buys. They were definitely expecting much better. And that's a flop :hubie:
Report I seen stated 480,000-500,000 buys, 480k buys @ a $60 price point before factoring in gate revenue is not a flop by any measure, and it ain't like they had to pay a ridiculous purse guarantee like Wilder/Fury got.
Report: Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley card sold approximately 500,000 pay-per-view buys

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
theres two guys in boxing right now that i will not pick against. one of those guys is terence crawford and the other guy is canelo. crawford, he has stopped every fighter since 2016, and 2016, well that was a long time ago. say what you will of his level of competition, thats a nice little streak he has been able to put together there. canelo, was a guy that might have gone give and take or life and death with fighters of a similar level, and might have received some debatable decisions along the way. that injury he administered to saunders was not an injury that other fighters have not received before, but i dont think i have ever seen a fighter get their skull blown out like that ever. these guys are boxing real good right now and they are hitting real, real, hard right now. thats hard to pick against, even when it makes sense.

i like plant. theres a few specific things he can do that is just poison to canelo. he throws an up jab. its harder to slip or get under, since its coming up at you from the hip. last guy throwing the up jab at canelo was floyd mayweather. plant isnt floyd mayweather, but, the last guy throwing the up jab at canelo was floyd mayweather. he couldnt solve it then. so when you watch this fight, you want to see if he has figured out how to solve it now.

that counter right uppercut canelo stopped saunders with has become a signature move for him. he will lean in, pull back, and sweep up the right uppercut from the floor as you fall in after missing because he pulled the chair out from under you.

HO4T09E.gif

lC3X9TF.gif

heres how to throw the right hand and make that little pull back right uppercut miss. when you steal a right hand, you can roll under counter left hooks in the same motion.

A49P9Fx.gif

bernard hopkins did that a lot, where you are basically putting your head down and falling into the right hand. falling into the right hand lets you roll underneath that counter, but to catch your weight, you swing up your back leg, like this.

S7ra7Vi.gif

thats a very important step. from this position you can do two things. slide out to your right or slide out to your left. sliding out to your left after you swing up your back leg looks like this.

M3ynkbh.gif

its important to learn how to slide out both ways. problem is, if you slide out to your left on canelo, you are going into the direction of his right uppercut. but, if you slide out to your right, like this, you can steal your right hand, roll under counter left hooks on the way in, and slide out from the counter right uppercut on the way out. do it right and there isnt anything the other guy can do about it.

CsWTyDX.gif

plant has a very sideways hip angle. when you fight a guy with that hip angle, this is how you target his body.

looping right hands to his left kidney.

rWL3V0F.gif

left hooks inside his right elbow.

P1Nl1j3.gif

thats how you will see canelo targeting plants body. can plants body stand up to that? callum smith arms didnt, and neither did billy joe saunders skull. but he has to get to plants body first. plant can move around a little, and if canelo is just going to rely on one big shot, plodding with his slow feet, he can move around enough to bullshyt him all the way to a nice little boring decision. and shock the world.

Last edited:

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Canelo-Plant: Showtime To Produce, Distribute Pay-Per-View Fight on November 6
canelo-alvarez%20(8)_1620544026.jpg

BY KEITH IDEC
Published Sun Sep 19, 2021, 01:40 PM EDT

Showtime is back in the Canelo Alvarez business.

BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Showtime will produce and distribute the telecast of Alvarez’s pay-per-view fight against Caleb Plant on November 6 from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. FOX Sports was long believed to be the network that would produce and distribute the event, but Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza negotiated with Al Haymon for over a month and made an enticing offer to handle Alvarez-Plant.

Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions has broadcast contracts with FOX Sports and Showtime, but FOX has yet to pick up the fourth-year option on its deal with PBC. FOX Sports will co-distribute the third Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder heavyweight championship fight along with ESPN on October 9 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

It is unclear if FOX’s shorter commitment to PBC was a factor in Haymon picking Showtime to distribute and produce Alvarez-Plant.

ESPN.com’s Mike Coppinger first reported that Showtime will handle the Alvarez-Plant fight late Saturday night on Twitter.

Mexico’s Alvarez (56-1-2, 38 KOs), who is generally regarded as boxing’s biggest star in the United States, agreed to a one-fight deal with Haymon’s company primarily because Plant (21-0, 12 KOs) owns the only super middleweight title Alvarez needs to become the sport’s first fully unified champion in the 168-pound division. Alvarez, 31, and Plant, 29, will fight for Alvarez’s WBA, WBC and WBO super middleweight titles and Plant’s IBF belt.

An official announcement of Showtime’s involvement in the Alvarez-Plant event probably will be made Monday. A press conference to promote Alvarez-Plant is scheduled for Tuesday at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California.

ViacomCBS, the parent company of Showtime and BoxingScene.com, is expected to allocate plenty of its vast resources toward marketing the Alvarez-Plant fight. It likely will be promoted during CBS’ telecasts of NFL games on Sundays and college football games on Saturdays, as well as during other popular programming, over the next six weeks.

Showtime televised or distributed five consecutive Alvarez fights from September 2012 through July 2014.

Three of those bouts – wins over Alfredo Angulo and Erislandy Lara and his lone loss to Floyd Mayweather – headlined Showtime Pay-Per-View events. His 12-round points win against Austin Trout aired live on Showtime in April 2013, as did Alvarez’s fifth-round stoppage of Josesito Lopez in September 2012.

Alvarez’s 12-round, majority-decision defeat to Mayweather helped generate 2.2 million buys and nearly $150 million in pay-per-view revenue.

The four-division champion signed a multi-fight deal with HBO following his controversial split-decision victory versus Lara. The first fight of that agreement – a third-round knockout of James Kirkland – aired live on HBO.

His six subsequent fights with HBO all were pay-per-view main events. Once HBO announced its decision to leave the boxing business in September 2018, Alvarez quickly aligned with DAZN.

Alvarez’s reported 10-fight, $365 million deal with DAZN never truly materialized. The Guadalajara native eventually renegotiated an agreement with DAZN after Alvarez parted ways with longtime promoter Oscar De La Hoya late last year.

Alvarez’s past three fights – wins against Callum Smith, Avni Yildirim and Billy Joe Saunders – were streamed by DAZN, but also were offered through traditional pay-per-view platforms in the United States.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
that counter right uppercut canelo stopped saunders with has become a signature move for him. he he will lean in, pull back, and sweep up the right uppercut from the floor as you fall in after missing because he pulled the chair out from under you.

The Saunders situation was a bit different than the examples you posted though.

Saunders threw lead hook expecting a counter, lead hook or jab in return (as it's a common counter to a lead hand, southpaw attack). Saunders tucked into the right hip of Canelo, and unfortunately for him, right into that pull counter right uppercut.

Not much you can do there if you've committed to the right hip and they throw a rear uppercut, you've just accelerated the impact with your momentum forward, but it's extremely hard to cover up for a punch like that if you're southpaw.

Agree that it's his signature, Canelo is always so heavy/balanced down low too, that creep style means he can always generate tremendous power from any pull or position.

I'm noticing more rear uppercuts than ever at the top level. Davis throws more uppercuts in fights than some fighters throw in a whole career. You gotta be a confident boxer to to be throwing that rear like that. Impressive stuff.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I just hate that Canelo still got that terrible habit of giving away rounds..I really didn’t notice it in the Callum fight but in the BJS fight he took a couple off and it “seemed” like BJS was putting in work. Canelo a weird fighter in that aspect.

I’m going to disregard that Kov fight because he was just being cautious in there with a dangerous puncher. I’m pretty sure if Kov threw anything more than a scary jab he would have been put to sleep earlier..

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I just hate that Canelo still got that terrible habit of giving away rounds..I really didn’t notice it in the Callum fight but in the BJS fight he took a couple off and it “seemed” like BJS was putting in work. Canelo a weird fighter in that aspect.

I’m going to disregard that Kov fight because he was just being cautious in there with a dangerous puncher. I’m pretty sure if Kov threw anything more than a scary jab he would have been put to sleep earlier..
He's knows his volume capacity. Crawford the same. They take off early rounds to be able to engage in the last half of the fight with more intensity.

That and Canelo works out range and the opponents offensive and defensive patterns.