Not shock thread. Mario Odyssey may well be the most visually perfect video game of all time.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Shadow of the holidays remake on ps4 is near my ideal visually. It's how zelda would probably look if Nintendo didnt go underpowered again

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Shadow of the holidays remake on ps4 is near my ideal visually. It's how zelda would probably look if Nintendo didnt go underpowered again
Zelda has a complete different art-style from Shadow of the Colossus. It wouldn't look anything like it no matter what. Wind Waker & Twilight Princess came out in the same generation as Shadow of the Colossus with similar hardware and all three look very different from each other.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Dragon's Dogma does not do physics the way BOTW did at all. BOTW is a better open world game than every mainstream open world game in the past 10 years. Quote me on that

That Nintendo Hyperbole. :pachaha:

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
Zelda has a complete different art-style from Shadow of the Colossus. It wouldn't look anything like it no matter what. Wind Waker & Twilight Princess came out in the same generation as Shadow of the Colossus with similar hardware and all three look very different from each other.
I wish they would do a less cartoony Zelda but it’s a pretty perfect game

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I wish they would do a less cartoony Zelda but it’s a pretty perfect game
Cartoony as in art-style? or do you want a complete tone-shift and different story? What would that accomplish though?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It just too much corner cutting for this game to even be mentioned in the top 30 graphically this gen.

Outside of Mario 64 I don’t think Mario was ever at the forefront graphically

That pop in is a eyesore, but it don’t affect the amazing gameplay. Easily one of the most enjoyable games I played this gen

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I was told on this board Zelda Breathe of The Wild had better graphics than Horizon.
You ever met a girl that had such a great personality to you that it actually made her "look" more attractive?
breath of the wild will stand the test of time because it looks like an animated movie.

and its all due to cel-shading.

even cel-shaded games on old ass systems like jet set radio for sega dreamcast, naruto ultimate ninja storm for playstation 3 or wind waker for the gamecube will look better than Horizon 20 years from now.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:laff:

This thread had NOTHING to do wtih Sony stans.

and the bolded is factually wrong. Anyone who played a Naughty Dog game would see so many fine details that add to the game's visuals and yes it plays good. UC4 is one of the best feeling TPS out right now period.

Come on doggy u straight up hatin right now :ufdup:

uncharted is one of the most beautiful series of games ive ever played. even the first one looks better than horizon to me

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
ratchet and clank also have some beautiful games

Sony has some of the most beautiful games ever.

i need to stop hating on horizon so much though i know it sounds bad but ever since i seen the shytty physics engine comparions between zelda i think its the worst game ive ever seen lol

but every other sony game is great

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i heard there was a recent update for Horizon that lets the water be more interactive.

can you at least burn foilage yet?

have the let you retrieve your arrows?

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
Cartoony as in art-style? or do you want a complete tone-shift and different story? What would that accomplish though?
Art style; there’s plenty of grittier games out there and it would be too much of a departure... even the look of Ocarina of Time was more realistic. Cel shading doesn’t do it for me but won’t stop me from playing a masterpiece