Not shock thread. Mario Odyssey may well be the most visually perfect video game of all time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just erase the word "visually" from the thread title and I agree with you.

Graphics aside, it's not bad at all. It looks fine for what it's on.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Art style; there’s plenty of grittier games out there and it would be too much of a departure... even the look of Ocarina of Time was more realistic. Cel shading doesn’t do it for me but won’t stop me from playing a masterpiece
It's been said that if you wanted a grittier Zelda game you should play Dark Souls, that game was influenced by Zelda games. If you wanted something that looks a bit grittier but is also open world then play TW3, too bad it's gameplay is worse than the Zelda games.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
The day a Mario game ends up on pc it will be the apocalypse. I want to see that rage :whew:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I love when the water always ends up on the screen. Same thing for MK8D

The Plug

Daps
The day a Mario game ends up on pc it will be the apocalypse. I want to see that rage :whew:
you can play nearly all Mario games on PC if you know how:sas2:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Twintelle is proof
i had to google twintelle and seen this on google images :mjlol:

maxresdefault.jpg

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm not a Nintendo fan but I'm being dead serious. DD has better combat than BOTW, but DD isn't a better open world game than BOTW
Let's be honest now. Breath of the wild did a lot of great shyt in terms game play and artstyle. But not including dungeons with classic zelda puzzles, almost everything feeling unimportant because it breaks eventually, huge map that's pretty empty other than the shrines(which are horrible replacement's for dungeons and puzzles) are all problems that keep it from being even the best zelda game.

Game is in no way perfect and definitely not the best open world game of the last 10 years.

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
It's been said that if you wanted a grittier Zelda game you should play Dark Souls, that game was influenced by Zelda games. If you wanted something that looks a bit grittier but is also open world then play TW3, too bad it's gameplay is worse than the Zelda games.
Love the souls games but the story to me has always been :dame:
Nobody can knock the style, gameplay and concept tho

The Plug

Daps
Love the souls games but the story to me has always been :dame:
Nobody can knock the style, gameplay and concept tho
Souls games don't have too much story which is a good thing because the early Zelda games didn't have much story either.

Let's be honest now. Breath of the wild did a lot of great shyt in terms game play and artstyle. But not including dungeons with classic zelda puzzles, almost everything feeling unimportant because it breaks eventually, huge map that's pretty empty other than the shrines(which are horrible replacement's for dungeons and puzzles) are all problems that keep it from being even the best zelda game.

Game is in no way perfect and definitely not the best open world game of the last 10 years.
It didn't need Ocarina of time style dungeons again because every Zelda game post-OOT did them nearly the exact same but almost worse each time. You don't need the weapons to be "important" since you have so much of them anyway. Why do you care about a super flaming sword breaking when you have 3 of them?

What game with a huge map isn't "empty"?
You can't name a better open world game than it from the past 10 years.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Souls games don't have too much story which is a good thing because the early Zelda games didn't have much story either.

It didn't need Ocarina of time style dungeons again because every Zelda game post-OOT did them nearly the exact same but almost worse each time. You don't need the weapons to be "important" since you have so much of them anyway. Why do you care about a super flaming sword breaking when you have 3 of them?

What game with a huge map isn't "empty"?
You can't name a better open world game than it from the past 10 years.
You addressed none of my points. The shrines in botw are worst than the dungeons you claim have gotten worse with each game. And the shrines are pretty much all you do in the game.

There are plenty of better open world games to come out in the last 10 years.

Witcher 3 is far better than botw.

Then you have

Gta 5
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Xenoblade
Monster hunter
Red dead redemption
Horizon zero dawn
Dark souls

But of course nintendo games always get looked at in a different light than other games so it makes sense for people to pronounce botw as the best game ever just for adding elements other games have been doing better for years.

Yall said skyward sword was goat too.

The Plug

Daps
You never even said why the shrines themselves are horrible.

:stopitslime:

Dark Souls isn't even an open world game
Monster Hunter isn't even an open world game. It's segmented and literally mission based. Wtf? The closest thing to an actual open world MH game will be MH World.

What does the witcher 3 do as an actual open world game than BOTW? The Witcher 3 doesn't even have good controls which is the building block of a video game.
Skyrim sucks, flat out. It's a bad rpg and a mediocre open world grind fest with enemy scaling, loading screen for every area, poor combat and even poor exploration because of bad world geometry.
Fallout 3 is even worse than Skyrim
Horizon Zero Dawn is a better open world game than BOTW, how?
RDR literally has the exact same things you said about BOTW but the world is even more sparse with less things to do. Again, how is RDR a better open world game than BOTW?
Xenoblade I've never played, if it is what I've heard, an offline MMO, then it is automatically worse than BOTW.