Not shock thread. Mario Odyssey may well be the most visually perfect video game of all time.

Daps
Persona 5 artstyle shyts on anything Nintendo's done in the past 10 years easily and that's just Atlus. Vanillaware comes to mind too. Nintendo ain't got shyt on them either.

Nintendo plays it safe and that's fine... they're Vanilla Ice cream, breh. Classic but :ld:

This is very true.

Nintendo is classic, great looking, but they don't break boundaries visually.

Just look at BOTW, and how that visual style isn't too far off of what they were doing with Wind Waker/Skyward Sword etc...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
236.gif

There is a charm to this that isn't found in other games, Idk what to tell you if you can't see it. Just like there is a certain "cool" factor found in sony's 1st party games. And Microsoft use to have a certain "adult" vibe and factor to there stuff.

Daps
Persona 5 artstyle shyts on anything Nintendo's done in the past 10 years easily and that's just Atlus. Vanillaware comes to mind too. Nintendo ain't got shyt on them either.

Nintendo plays it safe and that's fine... they're Vanilla Ice cream, breh. Classic but :ld:

I agree 100%

I mean botw and odyssey are wayyy >>>> persona as games but graphically Nintendo isn't breaking boundaries

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
I agree 100%

I mean botw and odyssey are wayyy >>>> persona as games but graphically Nintendo isn't breaking boundaries
Yeah, gameplay is one thing. Nintendo got that shyt true enough, but artstyle? i can't think of anything significant since Mario 64 by Nintendo.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Persona is just some Jojo rip off

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
There is a charm to this that isn't found in other games
You're just ignoring a bunch of other games to make this statement.

BOTW isn't fresh, other open world games have done all of those things. Dragon's Dogma for the tornado and fire tech alone.

Which isn't a bad thing for Zelda, they finally stopped making the same game and introduced proven mechanics and it worked.

Mario is the best at platforming, there's no real debate there.

Nintendo's not leading the charge anymore and haven't for a long time.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're just ignoring a bunch of other games to make this statement.

BOTW isn't fresh, other open world games have done all of those things. Dragon's Dogma for the tornado and fire tech alone.

Which isn't a bad thing for Zelda, they finally stopped making the same game and introduced proven mechanics and it worked.

Mario is the best at platforming, there's no real debate there.

Nintendo's not leading the charge anymore and haven't for a long time.

Botw does alot of things other games do but better and with more "charm" Botw is like the witcher light, and guess what... that game got game of the year in 2015. So its not shocking that Botw is considered goty for many as well.

And yes there is a charm in Zelda that isn't found in The witcher.... and its not suppose to be.

Nintendo is one of the few company's that when I start to play a 1st party game from them it feels like its all about the game and not trying to be cool or edgy.... I respect that A LOT especially nowadays because its rare to find that in gaming now. Especially from Triple A titles

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Botw does alot of things other games do but better and with more "charm" Botw is like the witcher light, and guess what... that game got game of the year in 2015. So its not shocking that Botw is considered goty for many as well.

And yes there is a charm in Zelda that isn't found in The witcher.... and its not suppose to be.

Nintendo is one of the few company's that when I start to play a 1st party game from them it feels like its all about the game and not trying to be cool or edgy.... I respect that A LOT especially nowadays because its rare to find that in gaming now. Especially from Triple A titles
Just so I can be clear. What exactly is your definition of charm? We might be talking about the same shyt

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Thread is a tad bit hyperbolic but Odyssey looks great though, just not perfect.

I still think Mario + Rabbids looks better than Odyssey as far as visuals on the Switch goes.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Dragon's Dogma does not do physics the way BOTW did at all. BOTW is a better open world game than every mainstream open world game in the past 10 years. Quote me on that

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dragon's Dogma does not do physics the way BOTW did at all. BOTW is a better open world game than every mainstream open world game in the past 10 years. Quote me on that

The best thing about Botw is I felt like I could go/do whatever I wanted at anytime.

I haven't felt like that about a game in a LONG time, like as soon as I started playing I was like well what do I do? Where do I go? And I think I continued to discover stuff more than 75 percent into the game... Can't remember the last game i played that felt fresh that long into the game.

And sitting down talking to my homies literally none of us did anything the same way.