Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in other news, lamichael is getting his brandon jacobs on complaining about lack of touches on twitter http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/james-deletes-tweet-referencing-frustration-role

San Francisco 49ers running back LaMichael James, inactive for the team's first three games this season before seeing action in Week 4 against the St. Louis Rams, took to Twitter to express frustration over his lack of playing time.

James quickly deleted the tweet, but it lives on in this screengrab:

lamichael-james-tweet.jpeg

James, 23, was a second-round pick in 2012 and helped the 49ers down the stretch and in the playoffs his rookie season by filling in for injured backup running back Kendall Hunter. Last Thursday against the Rams, James totaled zero yards on three carries.

screenshots last forever :ufdup:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
in other news, lamichael is getting his brandon jacobs on complaining about lack of touches on twitter http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/james-deletes-tweet-referencing-frustration-role

screenshots last forever :ufdup:

Yea I'm not crazy about the way we are using him but quite franky, he hasn't played that well when he has been out there. He knew he would have to learn to be a between the tackles type of runningback, until he gets better out there we can only use him in certain situations.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Yea I'm not crazy about the way we are using him but quite franky, he hasn't played that well when he has been out there. He knew he would have to learn to be a between the tackles type of runningback, until he gets better out there we can only use him in certain situations.

I don't know what LMJ is frustrated about. I guess he feels he's been healthy for some time and just got activated this last game. At any rate, he needs to be eased back in.
If we'e truly moving away from the pistol formations and what not, it's gonna be a rough season for LMJ. He excels in those sets and would probably be the preferred back in those packages.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't know what LMJ is frustrated about. I guess he feels he's been healthy for some time and just got activated this last game. At any rate, he needs to be eased back in.
If we'e truly moving away from the pistol formations and what not, it's gonna be a rough season for LMJ. He excels in those sets and would probably be the preferred back in those packages.

I think he could :eat: in a Darren Sproles type role as a receiver from the backfield, or even a 2 back set but any way we can line him up in open field can play to his strengths, because he can be a game breaker if used right.

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
The best way to use him would be on screens, passes out the backfield/flats and hes only effective on outside runs but the problem is he doesnt have the hands,ball security, and overall toughness .. ..Lattimore will pass him up on the depth chart next year once he gets healthy ..Roman needs to find a way to use him tho he can help but LMJ needs to STFU..

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
The best way to use him would be on screens, passes out the backfield/flats and hes only effective on outside runs but the problem is he doesnt have the hands,ball security, and overall toughness .. ..Lattimore will pass him up on the depth chart next year once he gets healthy ..Roman needs to find a way to use him tho he can help but LMJ needs to STFU..

I think his biggest issue is pass blocking. He has to be an effective pass blocker in order to get on the field...

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
LMJ should stfu to be honest. Best thing he did for the Niners was that kickoff return against the Pats. He isnt better than Hunter, much less Gore.
Hes been doing this twitter whining for two years now too :smh:

re Brock and Nnamdi, Brock had a dope game, but I still dont like him. funny shyt is Nnamdi has been very solid in coverage, he is just the worst tackling corner in the league. its funny how we gained in coverage with Reid and Nnamdi but that brought on a ton of missed tackles. And as much as it pains me to say, this defense is made more for good tackling and shytty covering than vice versa. Colts killed us with short passes and runs that broke tackles.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Twitter the worst thing ever to happen to sports

not really, I like when athletes get back at some of these journalists on their high horse. Those shyts are GREAT. But shyt like LMJ saying he needs more touches is kinda corny. going to twitter isn't going to make it happen. But nowadays, cats just like to air out their thoughts without thinking about it on Twitter without thinking of the backlash until later on. Internet lasts forever ... :manny:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
LMJ should stfu to be honest. Best thing he did for the Niners was that kickoff return against the Pats. He isnt better than Hunter, much less Gore.
Hes been doing this twitter whining for two years now too :smh:

re Brock and Nnamdi, Brock had a dope game, but I still dont like him. funny shyt is Nnamdi has been very solid in coverage, he is just the worst tackling corner in the league. its funny how we gained in coverage with Reid and Nnamdi but that brought on a ton of missed tackles. And as much as it pains me to say, this defense is made more for good tackling and shytty covering than vice versa. Colts killed us with short passes and runs that broke tackles.

Yea, I'm borderline on Brock too but he has shown improvement. I really wanna see if Whitner can keep up in coverage, because he looks way better this season, he's making better decisions and even if he does get beat he recovers better overall. I also think he has less pressure on him because you gotta respect veteran rookie Eric Reid. As much as we as fans have issues with the guy, he is a solid veteran and I think he has a major presence in the locker room. If he does well I expect to re-up (at a cheaper price) with him and we can draft a rookie for him to groom.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yea, I'm borderline on Brock too but he has shown improvement. I really wanna see if Whitner can keep up in coverage, because he looks way better this season, he's making better decisions and even if he does get beat he recovers better overall. I also think he has less pressure on him because you gotta respect veteran rookie Eric Reid. As much as we as fans have issues with the guy, he is a solid veteran and I think he has a major presence in the locker room. If he does well I expect to re-up (at a cheaper price) with him and we can draft a rookie for him to groom.
its also his contract year. if he doesnt mind resigning for cheap (and I mean CHEAP), Id resign him.

what does the safety draft class look like this year ?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ha'Shaun 'Haha' Dix-Clinton from Bama is the top prospect this year.

2nd would the kid from Stanford.whose name escapes at the moment
'
We could and should trade up for Clinton, the kid is a stud. He's basically Whitner if he could cover (and catch)

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ha'Shaun 'Haha' Dix-Clinton from Bama is the top prospect this year.

2nd would the kid from Stanford.whose name escapes at the moment
'
We could and should trade up for Clinton, the kid is a stud. He's basically Whitner if he could cover (and catch)

the kid from Stanford is ed reynolds

the 2014 safety class ain't nearly as deep as it was last year tho. however it's supposed to be loaded at WR and CB, which is perfect for us