Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
How could it be a good idea at the time when I said back then that we were better off with Parys than the pick. We get a little too cute sometimes. Skelton is a bum but at least he has experience.

Yea but dude is extremely limited, BJ has a lot of potential and he has more of Kaps skillset. Skelton has experience being awful, and we don't need that. It's crazy how we down graded at backup QB over two seasons. If Kap goes down I have no faith McCoy or Skelton. I'm pray Kap stays upright. It's like are preppin for next season and it's not even half way over.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Brehs, I been trynna clear up my schedule and make arrangements to atleast 1 home game this season. One unfortunately is when they play the Panthers. :yeshrug:But that other game I'm off is that Seahawks game. Man.... Them tickets are :wow:, I mean the starting prices and nose bleeds tickets got me like :damn:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How could it be a good idea at the time when I said back then that we were better off with Parys than the pick.

i disagree for a few reasons

-parys was on a 1 year deal so he was most likely gone next year anyway
-late round picks are more valuable than people think. boldin was had for a late round pick. where would we be without him right now?
-even if parys were here he'd only see the field in the base 3-4, which is less than half the available snaps. lemonier would still come in on passing situations. and so far there's not much of a drop off between parys and skuta, if at all

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is Baalke and Co thinking?
cutting cooper hasnt looked well so far

cutting cam has been a poor choice as well

i hope bj makes it though waivers but i dont see that happening

the jags would be foolish to pass him up, he could start for them

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Why would it fukk up your day though?

Realistically there was never a shot of him being our QB, so what's the big deal one way or the other?

I liked him too, but he's a 3rd string QB.

I saw as more of a #2 imo. The only reason they made him a 3 because Colt has more experience, but if he kept that pace he would be our #2 next year, moving forward. He was a nice developmental pick and I would prefer someone similar to Kap if Kap gets hurt.

Daps
I saw as more of a #2 imo. The only reason they made him a 3 because Colt has more experience, but if he kept that pace he would be our #2 next year, moving forward. He was a nice developmental pick and I would prefer someone similar to Kap if Kap gets hurt.

Funny thing is you can already see how we're kinda going away from that 2012 offense which featured Kaep's athletic style that Daniels exhibited too.

So I understand the move a bit.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why would it fukk up your day though?

Realistically there was never a shot of him being our QB, so what's the big deal one way or the other?

I liked him too, but he's a 3rd string QB.

Back in 2011, it was assumed that Tolzien was the #2 behind Alex.
Kap rose up, and eventually took them to the SB.

I hate McCoy, he's a poor man's Alex Smith.
I was hoping he would get cut in favor of Daniels and Skelton.

Daps
Back in 2011, it was assumed that Tolzien was the #2 behind Alex.
Kap rose up, and eventually took them to the SB.

I hate McCoy, he's a poor man's Alex Smith.
I was hoping he would get cut in favor of Daniels and Skelton.

Kaep was a 2nd round pick though, he clearly had big expectations.

Daniels was a 7th round pick and a pet project

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Funny thing is you can already see how we're kinda going away from that 2012 offense which featured Kaep's athletic style that Daniels exhibited too.

So I understand the move a bit.

This is true and it's sad. We are trying to fix something that wasn't really broke. We're Treach in 95. Everyone is trying to copy us and we're trying to change for no reason. If we ran the 2011 or 2012 style offense we would be 3-1 or even 4-0. I hate to see our team straying from the basics, but hopefully the Rams game put us back on track.

Daps
This is true and it's sad. We are trying to fix something that wasn't really broke. We're Treach in 95. Everyone is trying to copy us and we're trying to change for no reason. If we ran the 2011 or 2012 style offense we would be 3-1 or even 4-0. I hate to see our team straying from the basics, but hopefully the Rams game put us back on track.

I think the cutting of Daniels and signing of Skelton shows that.

If you don't recall we went through this last year when we were flipping the 2 QB's early in the year, eventually Harbagh saw it was hurting us and went back to just Smith.

Harbaugh is good at self-correcting, I think going back to basics ala the Rams game is a sign of that

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Kaep was a 2nd round pick though, he clearly had big expectations.

Daniels was a 7th round pick and a pet project

I never saw him as a project per se, he was a small school kid, that happened to fall through the cracks, like Fatal said, with competent coaching he could be a potential starter or at worst a very good backup. We're not going to be so lucky picking late round gems all these years and I like to groom guys ourselves. Maybe I'm being harsh but I think Skelton is trash and I don't want him on our team. Worse yet dude is peanut brittle and our O-Lines pass blocking won't do him any favors, but I guess he'll just be out Scout team QB.