Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and then there's this:

i really hope baldwin shows out. we desperately need another WR to step up and help out quan

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I got an extra ticket for sale for Sunday's game.....make me an offer. Paid $145 for it. Not asking for that. Hit me, 678-379-9583

Section LR09 row 19 seat 7

Last edited:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im still in the process of reading this but Y'all see this albeit he's just a blogger but he ripped Kap pretty good what do you guys think?

– “He is not playing like a rookie – he’s playing worse.”

– “When Colin Kaepernick was asked to do anything besides “the gimme throws”, it got just plain ugly.”

– “If either Boldin or Vernon Davis were immediately covered off the snap, nobody else existed in Colin Kaepernick’s world. Kyle Williams should have had a gigantic night, but Kaepernick’s poor vision and panicked decision-making would only produce three points in the entire game.”

– “The decision to hand the ball to Colin Kaepernick would end up losing the game. More rushed reads, more bad throws, more panic, and a 48% – 150 yard – zero touchdown – one interception performance.”

– “Yeah, I said it. Colin Kaepernick is a game manager, albeit one that runs like a gazelle and has a rocket arm.”

– “So what exactly is wrong with this really, really, ridiculously good looking model/actor/quarterback? Well, for starters he can’t turn left and throw the football.”

– “He has a horrible habit of seeing ghosts in the pocket and inexplicably scrambling or taking his eyes off his receivers at the first whiff of pressure, even if that pressure is imaginary. It’s like he’s taking crazy pills.”

– “Kaepernick has a terrible tendency to only look in one direction if he likes his pre-snap read, regardless of how covered his target happens to be or how uncovered other receivers are in other parts of the field.”

– “In this Week Five contest against one of the best defenses in the league, with a blitz package of J.J. Watt, Brian Cushing, and Brooks Reed that often comes from the right side of the line to flush the quarterback left, would you bet on Colin Kaepernick willing this team to a victory with his arm? I know I wouldn’t.”

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/hou...ing-is-seriously-wrong-with-colin-kaepernick/

Edit here goes the actual article
http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/10/4/4803524/the-film-room-colin-kaepernick-game-manager

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im still in the process of reading this but Y'all see this albeit he's just a blogger but he ripped Kap pretty good what do you guys think?

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/hou...ing-is-seriously-wrong-with-colin-kaepernick/

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/10/4/4803524/the-film-room-colin-kaepernick-game-manager

whats he mean colin cant turn left? he makes throws all over the field. i think whats wrong is that he had faith in crabs and hes gone and hes trying to find a comfort zone with quan and another wr. hopefully baldwin is that guy

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

its a bit more critical (for example I dont think colin is one-read qb, or at least not as much as the author implies) than it really is...

with that said, his analysis is pretty damn good, and in line with what I saw on tape. kaep needs to have a bit more pocket presence, and not try to be flabbergasted at each sign of pressure...also needs patience to see routes develop.

the oline and the run game was always and will always be the key. we are not a pass-first team and while colin can lead a good pass-first offense, it wont be anytime soon. not under this coach/oc, these WRs and this OL

I dont want to hear the no WRs excuse, people are getting open. fact is colin was subpar on some throws a NFL QB should be able to make. hopefully the OL and run game give him confidence he really needs.

the game tomorrow is huge. its a statement game for texans (this is why I was so pissed last week when they choked against seahags) but also a reality check for us. if we cant contain pass rush on offense and cannot stop the run on D, we lose the game

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
its a bit more critical (for example I dont think colin is one-read qb, or at least not as much as the author implies) than it really is...

with that said, his analysis is pretty damn good, and in line with what I saw on tape. kaep needs to have a bit more pocket presence, and not try to be flabbergasted at each sign of pressure...also needs patience to see routes develop.

the oline and the run game was always and will always be the key. we are not a pass-first team and while colin can lead a good pass-first offense, it wont be anytime soon. not under this coach/oc, these WRs and this OL

I dont want to hear the no WRs excuse, people are getting open. fact is colin was subpar on some throws a NFL QB should be able to make. hopefully the OL and run game give him confidence he really needs.

the game tomorrow is huge. its a statement game for texans (this is why I was so pissed last week when they choked against seahags) but also a reality check for us. if we cant contain pass rush on offense and cannot stop the run on D, we lose the game

I think Kap will be fine ultimately, I think this year is where he can get all of his growing pains out of the way and become the true baller we all know he is capable of. I was with my friend a couple nights ago and he was like, Kap is the football equivalent of a 5-Tool prospect. If you could build a perfect modern NFL QB, he would look like Colin Kapernick, he's very tall, he's extremely fast, he's durable (knock on wood) he has a rocket arm, and he has confidence and poise. But as we are seeing, he just needs experiecnce and it's kind of a good thing we are struggling and we have these injuries at WR because it's forcing him to develop the mental aspects of his game and he learning how to reign it in and make those short throws and learning to trust his WRs. But like you said we need the coaches to realize what our strenghs as a team are, we are a power football team at heart and that is what wins us games. 49er football is ground based and we need to get our bigger stronger receivers snaps, no cute stuff. Power vs Power and that is what will win us the game vs. Houston and put us back on track.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
why did we ever let go of marcus cooper ? dude is BALLIN out there in man coverage for the Chiefs.

Im starting to think Fangio throws anyone who cant play zone in the bushes. Spencer was thrown there right away and methinks Nnamdi will be gone after this year.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why did we ever let go of marcus cooper ? dude is BALLIN out there in man coverage for the Chiefs.

Im starting to think Fangio throws anyone who cant play zone in the bushes. Spencer was thrown there right away and methinks Nnamdi will be gone after this year.

I told you Baalke/Harbaugh are too cute for their own good sometimes.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Another late round steal we should have kept, I expected him to replace Asomogha next year when we drafted him. I watched him play in college, I thought he was one of our best picks low key. :snoop:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hopefully Ray's injury isn't serious. I'm tired of losing guys every single game :damn:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm really hoping the cards game give us an opportu it's to develop a bit more balance in our offense, we're going to need our backs later in the season, the only way to keep to core (especially gore) healthy is to star passing more

Vernon Davis got the kanye west cac voice going :leon: :heh: