Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
Yall are nothing without that "crowd noise". Just hope you get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. You'll need it.

They got a better team than we do, when it comes to matchups we relly don't have what it takes to beat them.

I think we have the better team going against the league though honestly, they;re just perfectly matched up to beat us. Yet I can see New Orleans, Atlanta and Green Bay taking them down.

We just got no fukking WR's and they solved our run game.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
man what are you talking about
first of all, running spread consistently is not for this team. harbaugh and roman are conservative coaches, they had one of the best college QB prospects ever in stanford and still ran a run-first, 2TE stuff you see on the Niners today. to be come consistent in the spread, we need a new coach, ocoord and better receivers in general

if you are talking sporadically, no one in seattle secondary is scared of our spread, if anything it makes it more obvious that we're passing and they drop more people in coverage. you do realize kaep was facing mostly a man coverage last night with only help being earl thomas....and both kaep and receivers struggled

run game is really bread and butter of this team. unless the opposing defense is doodoo( see last week), it not working is a monumental blow to this team

the reason seattle was able to do what they were able to do is mostly because they flat out challenged kaep. I dont think its a coincidence that kaep had some problems against miami, rams and hags twice. all of these teams have 2 athletic ends that come crashing in and are good enough to stay in the play and get kaep from behind

They ran the spread/Pistol to take advantage of the corners playing man. The thinking was that Kap would be able to run on Seattle like he did against Green Bay in the playoffs. The problem was that the Linebackers for Seattle are a lot faster than the Linebackers for Green Bay and were able to run Kap down most of the time. He got a few nice gains, but it was mostly a mixed bag of results.

I agree that we need to go back to that run-first, 2 TE stuff that we ran with Alex. That's how you beat Seattle, and that's how we beat them the first 3 meetings under Harbaugh. Running the pistol/spread with Kap has us 0-2 against them.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The only way to beat power in football is with power.

Moving forward I would like to see these changes.

Lets get back into using the good old I-formation. We will run the ball better and it will actually make things easier for Kap because teams still have to spread out to keep an eye out for his rushing ability

We also need to run more bunch formations if we do use the spread and shotguns, we have strong physical receivers as opposed to pure speed guys and it will help create some separation.

Anthony Dixon and Kendall Hunter need more carries, actually we need to pound the ball more and lets mix in some outside runs, please.

Bruce Miller is talented but he should only get one or two targets a game, he is best used a blocker that threatens to get yardage on offense

Let's cut back on the cute trick plays, again, lets get back to the fundamentals

We need to get another receiver, Brandon Lloyd maybe.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
The only way to beat power in football is with power.

Moving forward I would like to see these changes.

Lets get back into using the good old I-formation. We will run the ball better and it will actually make things easier for Kap because teams still have to spread out to keep an eye out for his rushing ability

We also need to run more bunch formations if we do use the spread and shotguns, we have strong physical receivers as opposed to pure speed guys and it will help create some separation.

Anthony Dixon and Kendall Hunter need more carries, actually we need to pound the ball more and lets mix in some outside runs, please.

Bruce Miller is talented but he should only get one or two targets a game, he is best used a blocker that threatens to get yardage on offense

Let's cut back on the cute trick plays, again, lets get back to the fundamentals

We need to get another receiver, Brandon Lloyd maybe.
Basically, the reason Miller was getting targeted is because he was the last option on the pass plays...

B Lloyd is on record as having said no to several teams about playing this season (including SF and NE), so no receiver help is coming any time soon. I actually don't think our receivers are that bad, we just need to utilize them. I don't think we ran any bunch formations against Seattle. That would've worked great against the man.

Also, Niners just signed Owen Marecic and moved Ian to IR.

Daps
They ran the spread/Pistol to take advantage of the corners playing man. The thinking was that Kap would be able to run on Seattle like he did against Green Bay in the playoffs. The problem was that the Linebackers for Seattle are a lot faster than the Linebackers for Green Bay and were able to run Kap down most of the time. He got a few nice gains, but it was mostly a mixed bag of results.

I agree that we need to go back to that run-first, 2 TE stuff that we ran with Alex. That's how you beat Seattle, and that's how we beat them the first 3 meetings under Harbaugh. Running the pistol/spread with Kap has us 0-2 against them.

Yep,that's exactly how I felt.

It was a fruitless harvest in the run game, the gimmicky shyt doesn't work against them in the run game, we just gotta power it up.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea I just saw the trailer for that shytty zombie movie Brandon LLoyd is in. smh. :snoop:

fukk him

We just gotta get through this struggle until some of our guys come back from injury. Hopefully we can go 4-4 or 5-3 in the 1st half of the season.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They got a better team than we do, when it comes to matchups we relly don't have what it takes to beat them.

I think we have the better team going against the league though honestly, they;re just perfectly matched up to beat us. Yet I can see New Orleans, Atlanta and Green Bay taking them down.

We just got no fukking WR's and they solved our run game.

:damn:

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Man, one loss to a Seahawks team that put up anemic numbers at home, and you all start acting shook.
No faith in the coaching staff.
No faith in our team
No faith that they'll bounce back.

I hope none of you go to any games at the Stick with that defeatist attitude....

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How pesimistic can you be?

We beat GB a week ago, we simply just don't match up with Seattle, we're not bad.

Colts
@Rams
Texans
Cards
@Titans
@Jags

Jags, Colts, Cards all will be easy wins

Only possible losses I see here are Texans and @Titans

I think they start 6-2 colts are IMO a pretender so the 49ers beat them, but lose to the Rams in a short week, then I see them beating the next four teams with the Texans being the toughest challenge.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word is that kenny britt is on the verge of being kicked off the titans

if that's true i hope baalke takes a flier on him

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I think they start 6-2 colts are IMO a pretender so the 49ers beat them, but lose to the Rams in a short week, then I see them beating the next four teams with the Texans being the toughest challenge.

I don't think they lose any of those games. The toughest I think will be the Rams on the short week.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i swear after seeing back to back weeks of teams stuffing the run behind the line of scrimmage they know something.

it really fuking bothers me

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
How pesimistic can you be?

We beat GB a week ago, we simply just don't match up with Seattle, we're not bad.

Colts
@Rams
Texans
Cards
@Titans
@Jags

Jags, Colts, Cards all will be easy wins

Only possible losses I see here are Texans and @Titans

The Colts are a young team and are going to improve. Unless our running game and run defense improve, easy wins are not so easy.

We could lose to the Rams, Texans, and the Titans. We can't even sleep on the Cards anymore.