Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
So that Reid kid is supposed to be Goldsons replacement?:patrice:
yeah. I thought before that optimistically he can maybe get to dashons level by end of year, but looks like he might have a far brighter future already

:snoop:

Haralson is already the best LB on the Saints. All we got is a 7th.
and RJF had a good game for the colts. we are just too stacked on the front 7

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
he doesnt hit as hard as goldson but hes already better everywhere else
I think he misses tackles a bit more, but its not like dashon was a great tackler himself. reid looks like a fukking keeper

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
btw brehs....week 7 we finna have a homecoming party

eric wright, tank, mario, maybe dial...:blessed: we finna get even stronger :leon:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alcohol abuse this weekend :blessed:
money mayweather vs canelo saturday, then 49ers vs seahawks sunday :ohlawd:

i hope they stomp these fukkboys, yahoo still had them ranked 1 despite their shytty game against carolina

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
btw brehs....week 7 we finna have a homecoming party

eric wright, tank, mario, maybe dial...:blessed: we finna get even stronger :leon:

Yea, we need to integrate these young pass rushers in the game quickly, it's obvious that the Offensive line schemes are going to adjust to get extra blockers on the Smith Bros. We need to use some exotic blitz packages, even get DB's on the blitz and throw our linebackers into coverage just to keep offenses, honest. It's crazy because Vic Fangio was supposed to be an out the box defensive mind he has got to use it. We clearly have some special guys on our defense, if we thought Cam Johnson and Parys Haralson were tradable. Let's use it.

Also we re-signed Kassim Osgood :ehh:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yea, we need to integrate these young pass rushers in the game quickly, it's obvious that the Offensive line schemes are going to adjust to get extra blockers on the Smith Bros. We need to use some exotic blitz packages, even get DB's on the blitz and throw our linebackers into coverage just to keep offenses, honest. It's crazy because Vic Fangio was supposed to be an out the box defensive mind he has got to use it. We clearly have some special guys on our defense, if we thought Cam Johnson and Parys Haralson were tradable. Let's use it.

I agree. I think part of the reason D was so great in 2011 was because no one expected it. but now were running the same plain package all over, offenses adjusted. we're basically getting by on justin smith being doubled a ton and dropping pretty much 7 in coverage majority of time. god forbid something happens to justin and D just deteriorates.

the only reason I can see why vic is unwilling to employ more different loo kpackages is that hes scared shytless if we blitz teams will just use screens, and that could end up disaster given how the team is against the screens in general.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

So who do we cut? Moore?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I agree. I think part of the reason D was so great in 2011 was because no one expected it. but now were running the same plain package all over, offenses adjusted. we're basically getting by on justin smith being doubled a ton and dropping pretty much 7 in coverage majority of time. god forbid something happens to justin and D just deteriorates.

the only reason I can see why vic is unwilling to employ more different loo kpackages is that hes scared shytless if we blitz teams will just use screens, and that could end up disaster given how the team is against the screens in general.

In the past the screen concerns me, but I also think we have a lot of speed on this years defense, so it's not going to be like how the Eagles burned us left and right, furthermore the screen is a very high risk play nowadays with hybrid LB/DE's, teams may run it here and there but I would risk it, if it means we get more pressure on the passer, especially come playoff time when we will likely meet with the Packers again and the Falcons

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont really wanna see baldwin cut. but then when mario comes back we'll have to cut someone anyway I guess