Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I aint sayin shyt bout the seahawks. I think theyre the best team on paper in the league. russ is the real deal. their secondary is just scary as fukk.
all i have to say is that they have to run the ball better

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
all i have to say is that they have to run the ball better
so do we :manny: problem is they can afford to not run it well because of our secondary holes.
their secondary wont nearly give kaep what GB gave today

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
they need to get plays off faster, with that noise our usual clock management will be a fukking disaster in seattle

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah, they either have to call them faster so Kaep has time to adjust or just gameplan so Kaep doesn't need to change the play every damn time.
it seems theres always a delay in the relay. we arent being careful with time. by the time we get set its already very few seconds, and then kaep runs it down to wire. cannot afford that. at least the staff is watching the clock this year.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
quick writeup if you havent seen my posts in gamethread

Reid- love what Ive seen. hes gonna miss a few tackles here and there because he overpursues, but his iq and coverage skills get better with every game. I see him becoming a leader in the secondary.
Nnamdi- mixed bag, people hated on him because of 1 blown coverage and 2 missed tackles. yea, he sucked there but ended the day with being targeted 9 times and letting a catch 4 times, including a clutch 3rd down pass defended. the bad tackling is a problem tho
Boldin- what more can I say ? :manny: Ive been hyping dude up since his Cards days
Ian Williams- liked what I saw at first, then had trouble getting off blockers

Kaep- what I love about him is that besides the big play ability he really limits the mistakes. the only questionable ball thrown was to double-covered boldin, but that just shows trust in Q's catch radius ability.
KW- I actually thought he had a solid game, that deep 'drop' was all Shields.
Brown- still our best CB, very good game
Justin- double teamed as usual. He is getting older tho, I saw him whiff on a couple of tackles getting off blocks, tackles hed make earlier on in his career
Vorro- beastin as usual

now the worse part:

Oline- layed an egg in run-blocking, which was so weird to see. all of them got no push. pass pro was bit better but still- probably the worst game run blocking Ive seen from our line with these starters
Gore/Hunter- Hunter got one run off, but otherwise pretty quiet. Both gave lots of effort tho
We might be missing Delaine more than we thought we would
Lack of creativity on D- this bothers me more and more. everyone and their moms knows our two and a half schemes. I thought wed try lemonier in some packages but we seem as conservative on D as we are on O in trying new guys
Dawson. That missed FG couldve been crucial. Hopefully thats his only miss for a while.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Great win yesterday. I was disappointed in our run game, but people underestimate the impact John Jolley had on the run game. That, and the Packers were determined to not get ran on to he point that they over committed to stopping the run, which left the field wide open for Kap to make plays down the field.

That being said, next week we should be able to run the ball on Seattle. Seattle wasn't that good last year at stopping the run and I don't think they're going to be any better this year.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
quick writeup if you havent seen my posts in gamethread

Reid- love what Ive seen. hes gonna miss a few tackles here and there because he overpursues, but his iq and coverage skills get better with every game. I see him becoming a leader in the secondary.
Nnamdi- mixed bag, people hated on him because of 1 blown coverage and 2 missed tackles. yea, he sucked there but ended the day with being targeted 9 times and letting a catch 4 times, including a clutch 3rd down pass defended. the bad tackling is a problem tho
Boldin- what more can I say ? :manny: Ive been hyping dude up since his Cards days
Ian Williams- liked what I saw at first, then had trouble getting off blockers

Kaep- what I love about him is that besides the big play ability he really limits the mistakes. the only questionable ball thrown was to double-covered boldin, but that just shows trust in Q's catch radius ability.
KW- I actually thought he had a solid game, that deep 'drop' was all Shields.
Brown- still our best CB, very good game
Justin- double teamed as usual. He is getting older tho, I saw him whiff on a couple of tackles getting off blocks, tackles hed make earlier on in his career
Vorro- beastin as usual

now the worse part:

Oline- layed an egg in run-blocking, which was so weird to see. all of them got no push. pass pro was bit better but still- probably the worst game run blocking Ive seen from our line with these starters
Gore/Hunter- Hunter got one run off, but otherwise pretty quiet. Both gave lots of effort tho
We might be missing Delaine more than we thought we would
Lack of creativity on D- this bothers me more and more. everyone and their moms knows our two and a half schemes. I thought wed try lemonier in some packages but we seem as conservative on D as we are on O in trying new guys
Dawson. That missed FG couldve been crucial. Hopefully thats his only miss for a while.

Good Points.

My only point of contention is that, I think Green Bay, gameplanned on stopping the run, they put 8 guys in the box a lot against us, and their front line is much improved. Unfortunately it exposed their defensive backfield because Boldin and Davis were wide open on passing plays, and Kaep took advantage. Also they had Clay Mathews in a spy role on some sets, and AJ Hawk as an enforncer up the middle to limit Gores and Hunters yardage.

Also O-Lines take some time to sort of gel and get a rhythm, I think that improves with time. I will say this, it may be the end for Goodwin. Maybe we need to see if we can develop Kilgore and prepare him to start, otherwise, we pick a center early in next years draft. My only issue with Kilgore is that I think he needs to really increase his overall strength.

• Dap
Reactions: dza
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Reid's close out speed :ohlawd:

He trucked some motherfukkers too and made a few KEY..very intelligent plays down the stretch. Just a rookie. The potential is there for him to be special.

What can be said about Kaep and his chemistry with Boldin? First game, 17 targets.. 13 catches... Unbelievable. Kaep and VD are on the same page now too.

I'm just mad Crabs is missing this :to:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Reid's close out speed :ohlawd:

He trucked some motherfukkers too and made a few KEY..very intelligent plays down the stretch. Just a rookie. The potential is there for him to be special.

What can be said about Kaep and his chemistry with Boldin? First game, 17 targets.. 13 catches... Unbelievable. Kaep and VD are on the same page now too.

I'm just mad Crabs is missing this :to:

Crabs who.... :manny: (this year at least)

Daps
Matthew's and the Pack are full on dirtbags, but we handled them scrubs again.

Little worried about the defense still, but Eric Reid is legit.

The Boldin trade looks to be possible the best move of the off-season, imagine Crabtree comes back at is 80% of himself, this teams biggest supposed weakness could really be a strong suit.

Impressed by:
King Colin Kaep One of the best in the league, if not the best.
Eric Reid Really made it seem like we missed nothing by letting Goldson go. Big hitter and really can close out, good hands w/ the pick too.
Anquan Boldin 208 yards speaks for itself
Ian Williams The run was stuffed for most the game
Vernon Same ol Vernon
Coach Harbaugh Having the balls to go for it on 4th and 1 was a great call and something I was yelling at the TV

Need to see more from:
Phil Dawson Missed one kick, it was a decent distance but he was on point in pre-season
Nnamdi Sporadic play, but it looked like they knew to target him and were successful throwing at him often.
Frank Gore & Company The running game in general just was not that good,